DVDVR Message Board

2020-21 NFL PLAYOFFS: WILDCARDS

Dolfan in NYC

On 1/5/2021 at 8:38 AM, CSC said:

If there's not a slame bath for the winning coach of the Nickelodeon game, what's even the point?

god help us if the refs have to find the first down flag in a wading pool full of sludge

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

ABC/ESPN is also doing multiple channels for Sunday's Ravens/Titans game:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30656507/how-watch-baltimore-ravens-tennessee-titans-wild-card-megacast

ESPN will have several ways to watch the drama unfold on Sunday, with a megacast on ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN Deportes, Freeform and ESPN+.

Here's what each broadcast will feature:

• ESPN and ABC will do a simulcast of the traditional broadcast with a Monday Night Football crew of Steve Levy, Brian Griese and Louis Riddick on the call, joined by reporter Lisa Salters.

• On ESPN2, five ESPN analysts -- Tedy Bruschi, Matt Hasselbeck, Keyshawn Johnson, Booger McFarland and Rex Ryan -- will break down the X's and O's.

• On Freeform, Jesse Palmer and Maria Taylor will host a watch party joined by numerous guests. Palmer and Taylor will touch on multiple topics, including matters surrounding the game and within pop culture.

• ESPN Deportes will air a Spanish language broadcast with Pablo Viruega and Eduardo Valera in the booth and reporter John Sutcliffe.

• ESPN+ will feature a mix of gambling, statistical and film breakdown content with Laura Rutledge, Mina Kimes, Dan Orlovsky, Marcus Spears, Doug Kezirian, Joe Fortenbaugh and Tyler Fulgham.

12 minutes ago, dogwelder said:

ABC/ESPN is also doing multiple channels for Sunday's Ravens/Titans game:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30656507/how-watch-baltimore-ravens-tennessee-titans-wild-card-megacast

;

Looks like no announcer less skycam feed:( One of the ESPN's had for the CFP, it was soooo much better than the regular and other gimmick feeds.

5 hours ago, dogwelder said:
  • On ESPN2, five ESPN analysts -- Tedy Bruschi, Matt Hasselbeck, Keyshawn Johnson, Booger McFarland and Rex Ryan -- will break down the X's and O's.

Holy crap, the unintentional hilarity will be off the charts.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mister TV said:

Looks like no announcer less skycam feed:( One of the ESPN's had for the CFP, it was soooo much better than the regular and other gimmick feeds.

Normally I am a huge fan of that, although I don't know if it would lose some of its charm with piped-in crowd noise. But I was annoyed when years ago that was done for some games and then it stopped, I was hoping that would stick as an option. I loved watching it with no commentators, less graphics, just focusing on the game.

32 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

It's still hard for me to process that a man who chooses to be called Booger is on my television any week, for any reason. What a time to be alive.

To be fair, the quality of his work as a color guy lived up to that name. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, BobbyWhioux said:

god help us if the refs have to find the first down flag in a wading pool full of sludge

The Ref's have been awful, the punishment is they have to find their flags by completing the Double Dare physical challenge. The ammt of flags they find in 60 seconds is the number of flags they can throw during the game.

As an avid sports better My picks are as follows

Bills ML    I can see this being a close game. Too risky to bet the over/under but in no way do I see Buffalo losing. Shane Conlan's parents (dad, his mom just passed) live 2 houses from my parents. I went to school with his nephew. I may actually go to this game with him. In that sense I just can't root against Buffalo. 

TB will win handily over Washington. Brady has too many targets for Washington to contain. Plus they can run the ball if need be. This will be the easiest game that TB will play against provided the Bears don't magically win.

Seattle will beat the Rams. I can't stand that gum chewing, penis shaped head Pete Carroll but he will find a way to win. The Rams are too inconsistant. 

Titans-Ravens take the over. Both teams can and will score.  I think the Titans may win outright. Henry is a stud and will run it down their throats if need be.

Saints should win. Will they cover 10 pts?  Probably not but they will win.

Upset of the playoffs the Browns beat the Steelers.  Big Ben has been inconsistant. Steelers haven't been able to run the ball and the Browns can. Browns can be smart and get an early lead and just run the clock down on the Steelers. Don't be shocked to see Cleveland win.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BobbyWhioux said:

IT IS SLIME PEOPLE.  Not sludge or slame. I will also accept OOZE as well.  

You damn millennials get off my message board lawn ?

Edited by hammerva
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Death From Above said:

It's still hard for me to process that a man who chooses to be called Booger is on my television any week, for any reason. What a time to be alive.

shouldn't be that strange

not for us anyway

I honestly don't understand the criticism Booger got in the booth on MNF. He was as good or better than the vast majority of color guys calling NFL games. Now the year he was in the mobile cart thing and they couldn't develop chemistry and timing because of it, and Moose was in the booth being absolutely God awful, that was bad. But I thought when it was just the two of them doing a traditional style broadcast, he acquitted himself quite well and was constantly confused by the people hating on him, while he was clearly better than Aikman, Collinsworth, and most of the B and C squad guys at both networks.

• Like 1