DVDVR Message Board

2021 Professional Wrestling Merchandise Omnibus Thread

Ryan

3 minutes ago, Ryan said:

The Naito one sold out immediately. They're $140-160 and on the global shop.

Wow, that's quick going. Reaffirms Tetsuya Naito as the most popular wrestler in NJPW. Naito's merch sells out fast. This the Yorkshireman in me or is that expensive for what it is and there's shipping to add on as well.

Edited by The Natural

It's some cross-promotional thing and I think that's before any shipping. Might have to do with what it's made out of too. Jackets can be pricey.

• Like 1

The cross promotional thing is with NERDS Clothing, for any of those curious. They've been doing other stuff besides the jackets, too.

https://www.nerdsclothing.com/collections/new-japan-pro-wrestling?page=1

About the price: when NERDS first started offering NJPW jackets, some of them were being sold as bundles. I picked up the Hiromu jacket on their first run of them, and it was shipped with a pretty cool cloth Daryl/Naoru Takahashi mask, an enamel pin, and several stickers. It seems like they've gotten away from this on subsequent jackets, though you all may want to watch their website in addition to the NJPW global store to see if they bring that back (mostly baseless speculation on my part: it seemed like they may have had a tough time sourcing all of the items for the bundle plus the jackets during COVID. It was roughly 2.5-3 months between when I placed my order and when I actually got the jacket, and much of that may have been out of NERDS' hands).

Edited by Teflon Turtle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

Q: Why is Jimmy Havoc on that pretty Maki Itoh shirt? Not sarcastic, I don't know what links them enuff to appear together.

- RAF

It's not Jimmy Havoc, it's Chris Brookes

Image result for chris brookes maki itoh

• Like 1

The AEW Logo Premium Varsity Zip Hoodie has always been one of the biggest AEW sellers. So glad I didn't buy one a few days earlier because a few days after, it went on sale at 50% off. Needless to say they've gone quick. Got a large one for my upcoming birthday from my parents. In the product description it also says (2019 Colors). I'm thinking a 2021 version of it in different colours is coming like NJPW tend to do yearly Lion Mark hoodies.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, The Natural said:

The AEW Logo Premium Varsity Zip Hoodie has always been one of the biggest AEW sellers. So glad I didn't buy one a few days earlier because a few days after, it went on sale at 50% off. Needless to say they've gone quick. Got a large one for my upcoming birthday from my parents. In the product description it also says (2019 Colors). I'm thinking a 2021 version of it in different colours is coming like NJPW tend to do yearly Lion Mark hoodies.

The 2019 colours just mean that the border around the logo is grey rather than white.

2019 colours:

aew1643-1.png

2020 colours

aew1001-3.png

I've got an XXL AEW Logo Premium Varsity Zip Hoodie in the mail right now, too. 2019 colours (which I actually prefer). High five!

Edited by El Gran Gordi
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, El Gran Gordi said:

The 2019 colours just mean that the border around the logo is grey rather than white.

2019 colours:

aew1643-1.png

2020 colours

aew1001-3.png

I've got an XXL AEW Logo Premium Varsity Zip Hoodie in the mail right now, too. 2019 colours (which I actually prefer). High five!

Thanks for pointing that out, @El Gran Gordi. I also prefer the grey border, my friend. Here's hoping it arrives before or on my birthday, the 6th of March.

• Like 1

Need some help folks. I was searching around for more shirts to buy. My wife loves the 100 I have.  Lol. And I saw on Teepublic tge Flair vs Funk shirt. And an Andre with Flair tee.  I went back to buy. I cannot find.  Anywhere.  Has anyone seen the Andre standing with Ric Flair T shirt?   Anywhere?

On 2/12/2021 at 5:12 AM, The Natural said:

Fuck Will Ospreay.

Hogan's got a forty year headstart on him but the kid is trying to catch up. Fuck them both.

• Like 2

On 2/15/2021 at 9:19 AM, Ryan said:

The Naito one sold out immediately. They're $140-160 and on the global shop.

Oh well, I'll just settle for having a bad haircut and spitting on people randomly. 

So AEW series 3 figures came in the mail today and holy crap the Orange and Darby ones alone are next-level stuff.  Even if you don't care for them if you see the figures you'll likely go "Okay, those look great."  And looking at even Young Bucks this version of them smokes series 1 and makes me glad I didn't bother with the initial ones.  Just really great figures all-around though I didn't get Pac for some reason.  Might circle back and get him but don't know if it's worth paying double for him.

Oh, and for @D.Z I know you like Riho and want to say that her figure looks great if you're interested. Face is a tad bit off but they got everything else right. 

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 3