DVDVR Message Board

2021 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

Apparently the Bears are also gearing up to make a run at Russell Wilson. I still don't think it will happen though, Seattle would have 39 million in dead cap money if they traded him before June 1st. 

Edited by BrianS81177

Cleveland's Ryan Switzer is having an absolutely horrifying Covid issue with his infant son.  

The kid is currently in the hospital fighting for his life.  

Whatever higher power you believe in, send up a prayer tonight. 

• Sad 3

Fitzpatrick has one of the greatest careers. You can talk shit about his interceptions and lack of playoff wins, and you'd be right. He's not elite. But  there are a lot of young QBs who might not be starters after last season who are praying they have the career Fitzpatrick had.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Death From Above said:

"It's kind of hard to believe that guy went to Harvard. I'm not sure I believe that." - Jay Onrait, on Ryan Fitzpatrick

He went to Harvard?!? Seems like someone should've mentioned that during one of his games.

Edited by Brian Fowler
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, jaedmc said:

Fitzpatrick has one of the greatest careers. You can talk shit about his interceptions and lack of playoff wins, and you'd be right. He's not elite. But  there are a lot of young QBs who might not be starters after last season who are praying they have the career Fitzpatrick had.

You're right on. He's a true journeyman QB, the likes of which are rarely seen. And yes, 80-90 of QB's in the nfl would kill to have his career.

57 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

And yes, 80-90 of QB's in the nfl would kill to have his career.

There is not a single quarterback in the history of the NFL who would kill to have Ryan Fitzpatrick's career.  They spent their entire lives, dreaming, working, and pursuing greatness...Ryan Fitzpatrick is not great.  These are ultra competitive people who fought through literally thousands of people to get to the NFL,  none of them would be satisfied with Ryan Fitzpatrick's career, not even Ryan Fitzpatrick.  The goal is to be the best, and you don't get that far into your career and decide, being a journeyman/back up sure was great.  I bet if you asked Tom Brady is he's 100% satisfied with his career, he'd probably tell you he wished he would have won in 2008, 2012, and 2018.  These people are about winning, and everything short of that is a disappointment.  Sure, I enjoyed watching the roller coaster that was Ryan Fitzpatrick, but he was an average ass quarterback and no one thrives to be that.

• Like 2

He had nearly 35K passing yards and his net worth is like $20 million if you think not a single random shithead that gets drafted to be the #3 QB on his team in the 5th round+ of the draft would take that you're actually completely out of your mind.

• Like 2

Tomorrow (Tuesday) is supposed to be the last day teams can apply the Franchise Tag

However, since the official cap number isn't out yet, the NFL will move the deadline if the number doesn't come out today.

(It was delayed last year too because the NFLPA was still voting on the CBA)

As a follow up to the above - part of the reason for the delay is that the NFLPA would like to wait till the new TV deals are finalized before agreeing to the 2021 cap number

5 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

PFT is reporting that Detroit is looking to trade Chase Daniel.

Sure, why not. 

He's apparently a terrific mentor for young quarterbacks but his contract is terrible ($5.6m a year, something like that). Detroit will be lucky to get a case of Gatorade for him. 

17 hours ago, Death From Above said:

He had nearly 35K passing yards and his net worth is like $20 million if you think not a single random shithead that gets drafted to be the #3 QB on his team in the 5th round+ of the draft would take that you're actually completely out of your mind.

Not only do I not believe any of those guys would be completely happy with Ryan Fitzpatrick's career, I'm pretty sure guys like Peyton Manning are disappointed they didn't win as much as Tom Brady.  You can't get that far playing football without being insanely competitive. That dude who got drafted in the 5th round believes that he should have been drafted higher and would have won a Super Bowl if he got an honest chance. 

2 hours ago, Tabe said:

He's apparently a terrific mentor for young quarterbacks but his contract is terrible ($5.6m a year, something like that). Detroit will be lucky to get a case of Gatorade for him. 

I'm curious as to who says that, other than Lions staffers trying to leak good press about him.

He spent the first several years of his career backing up Drew Brees in New Orleans, he backed up Alex Smith in Kansas City and Stafford in Detroit. The only young guys he's "mentored" was one year of Wentz in Philly and 2 with Trubisky in Chicago, unless they're trying to give him credit for how David Blough stands on the sideline. If those are the guys he's mentored, I'll pass on him as my backup thank you

• Like 1