DVDVR Message Board

2021 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

Smith would honestly still be a perfectly fine signing if he's willing to take a backup role on a contending team. It beats having some random 6th round draft pick that made 7 completions in preseason back there. If he's still committed in his mind to starting well uhhhhh welcome to the New York Jets I guess?

• Like 1

While I would love to see Russell Wilson in Chicago, his skin color isn't the right one for Ryan Fuckface. So I'm sure they'll make some sort of play for Alex Smith just to have the market cornered on all of the busted up and shitty QBs in the NFL.

• Like 1

The next piece it what many believe is the grand Houston conspiracy has fallen

The Texans have released Josh McCown. Many believe being added to the coaching staff is coming next

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Death From Above said:

"All he cared about was his stats" my dude he's a D lineman the only 2 stats most normal people can even name for the position are sacks and tackles and he rules at both of those, what else is he supposed to do exactly

I mean, theoretically I get what it could mean. Ignoring running backs to chase sacks. Playing outside "his job" on defense creating gaps or allowing blockers to get to linebackers.

But I've never heard anyone ever even suggest that about Watt at any point in his career.

So apparently the early leader in the Alex Smith 'sweepstakes' is the Bears.    Hasn't Alex Smith AND the Bears suffered enough

The joke used to be that Arizona was the place that former Steelers would go to retire.  Now it looks like the Cardinals have upgraded to the Texans in their prime

Edited by hammerva
  • Haha 1

I'm gonna need to push back a little bit on the concept of Justin James Watt being 'in his prime.' 

Anywho... the Cardinals are un-retiring #99 (Marshall Goldberg) and giving it to Watt. 

• Like 1

The Dolphins are releasing Kyle Van Noy.  

It's weird because it's being labeled as a cap move, because he was quite decent for what he got paid.  Plus Miami is also way under the cap.  

Makes me think something big is coming in, hopefully it's a big mean OL to protect Tua.  (cf. Williams, T.)

On 3/1/2021 at 8:06 PM, Brian Fowler said:

I mean, theoretically I get what it could mean. Ignoring running backs to chase sacks. Playing outside "his job" on defense creating gaps or allowing blockers to get to linebackers.

But I've never heard anyone ever even suggest that about Watt at any point in his career.

The JJ Slander coming from the pious assholes at NRG is so fitting for such hypocritical assholes.  I don't know how they think they have the moral high ground against JJ Watt of all people.  Yes, JJ did freelance a bit, but that's because he's an all time great.  Let's not forget that he not only got a lot of sacks, but he got a ton of tackles for loss and passes defensed.  It's not like he sold out for the pass rush exclusively -- in fact, it's because he played all facets of the game well is what made him great. 

Godspeed, JJ. 

• Like 3

On 3/1/2021 at 3:17 PM, Tabe said:

The "JJ sucked and won't be missed" game has already started in Houston:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/former-coach-calls-jj-watt-selfish-player/ar-BB1e88Rr?li=BBnbfcL

"They didn't break up with me, I BROKE UP WITH THEM"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The Dolphins are releasing Kyle Van Noy.  

It's weird because it's being labeled as a cap move, because he was quite decent for what he got paid.  Plus Miami is also way under the cap.  

Makes me think something big is coming in, hopefully it's a big mean OL to protect Tua.  (cf. Williams, T.)

I don't understand these front office moves so far. They just announced they're releasing Jakeem Grant who was a contributor on offense but was huge as a returner on special teams.

Dolphins are linked to quite a few Free Agent Receivers, so that could be part of it, but I felt like Van Noy gave the Dolphins D an identity even if he was banged up for some of the season along with being COVID protocoled. 

Edited by Chaos

On 3/2/2021 at 9:20 AM, hammerva said:

So apparently the early leader in the Alex Smith 'sweepstakes' is the Bears.    Hasn't Alex Smith AND the Bears suffered enough

The joke used to be that Arizona was the place that former Steelers would go to retire.  Now it looks like the Cardinals have upgraded to the Texans in their prime

Look at this dude who has me on ignore.

On 3/1/2021 at 1:04 PM, Craig H said:

While I would love to see Russell Wilson in Chicago, his skin color isn't the right one for Ryan Fuckface. So I'm sure they'll make some sort of play for Alex Smith just to have the market cornered on all of the busted up and shitty QBs in the NFL.

3 hours ago, Chaos said:

I don't understand these front office moves so far. They just announced they're releasing Jakeem Grant who was a contributor on offense but was huge as a returner on special teams.

Dolphins are linked to quite a few Free Agent Receivers, so that could be part of it, but I felt like Van Noy gave the Dolphins D an identity even if he was banged up for some of the season along with being COVID protocoled. 

Well, I botched this. It ended up not being true. A fan account that normally shares accurate info posted it and admitted they pulled from a bad source. 

2 hours ago, dogwelder said:

Hey, maybe Eric Bieniemy will have a better shot next year:

Proposed rule change would delay coach hirings until after Super Bowl

It's a no-brainer rule and should be implemented yesterday.  I've been calling for a similar rule in the NCAA for at least a decade.  Alas, like all the other big leagues, they have ignored my always-brilliant suggestions.

• Like 1