DVDVR Message Board

2021 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Ron Jaworski is claiming the Colts have offered the Eagles 2 first round picks for Carson Wentz

That clearly can't be true because the Eagles would have instantly accepted otherwise

Jaws is just making stuff up so other people at ESPN have something to talk about. He's been caught doing it before. 

• Like 2

There is some scuttle now that the Panthers are gonna go hard after Deshaun Watson

The Carolina reporter from ESPN is claiming they are willing to do 3 first rounders AND Christian McCaffrey (which again clearly hasn't been offered since the Texans haven't accepted it yet)

And assume - since he was included in their offer for Stafford - that Teddy Bridgewater would also be included

Carson Wentz to Indianapolis for a 2021 third-rounder and a conditional 2022 second-rounder that could become a first.

Per Adam Schefter.

The second (reportedly) becomes a first if Wentz plays 75% of the snaps or he plays 70% of the snaps and the Colts make the playoffs.

Edited by Gonzo

5 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

Carson Wentz to Indianapolis for a 2021 third-rounder and a conditional 2022 second-rounder that could become a first.

Per Adam Schefter.

See, I fucking knew Jaws wasn't making shit up because the Colts and Bears can't help themselves from doing the stupidest fucking shit. Knowing my teams as well as I do, both of the trade rumors sounded legit.

And shock of shocks, the Colts are the ones to pull the trigger. Jesus. Football GMs are quite possible the dumbest GMs in all of sports.

• Haha 1

22 quarterbacks were drafted in the first round between 2009 and 2016.

With the Wentz trade, zero of those quarterbacks are now with the team that drafted them.

Stafford, Sanchez, Freeman, Bradford, Tebow, Newton, Locker, Gabbert, Ponder, Luck, Griffin III, Tannehill, Weeden, Manuel, Bortles, Manziel, Bridgewater, Winston, Mariota, Goff, Wentz, Lynch

All either with new teams or completely out of the league.

• Like 1

I think it is a little unfair to go all the way back to 2009 and point to QBs there (and even 2010) as TRAGEDY THEY AREN'T WITH THEIR ORIGINAL TEAM!

I mean that is 11 fucking seasons ago. The amount of players total still with their original team isn't a staggering number

And of course - some of those QBs had no business being 1st rounders

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

Per Adam Schefter.

The second (reportedly) becomes a first if Wentz plays 75% of the snaps or he plays 70% of the snaps and the Colts make the playoffs.

So.... its staying a 2nd.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Is there any compelling evidence that shows that Carson Wentz is any better than Jacoby Brissett?  I don't think Brissett is anything to write home about, but Wentz was legitimately the worst quarterback in the league last year.  Brissett is just overwhelmingly average.

Just now, supremebve said:

Is there any compelling evidence that shows that Carson Wentz is any better than Jacoby Brissett?  I don't think Brissett is anything to write home about, but Wentz was legitimately the worst quarterback in the league last year.  Brissett is just overwhelmingly average.

I know what you are getting at and don't necessarily disagree with the main premise but Carson Wentz and all his warts was better than Dwayne Haskins

Just now, RIPPA said:

I know what you are getting at and don't necessarily disagree with the main premise but Carson Wentz and all his warts was better than Dwayne Haskins

Damn, I kinda forgot he existed...I'm an Ohio State fan and live in the DC Metro area and I forgot he existed...that's not a good sign for him.

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Jesus. Football GMs are quite possible the dumbest GMs in all of sports.

What is it about quarterbacks that make GMs do dumb shit?  Is it just that the talent pool is so small, so their value is inflated?  It just seems like teams love throwing a ton of money at QBs who are either unproven or have proven to be mediocre or even not good.

1 hour ago, supremebve said:

Yes several seasons worth of it.  

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

See, I fucking knew Jaws wasn't making shit up because the Colts and Bears can't help themselves from doing the stupidest fucking shit.

He absolutely was lying.  His claim was two 1st rounders.  The deal is a 2nd and 3rd.  Not.  Even.  Close.

• Like 1