DVDVR Message Board

2021 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

I get wanting to hold on to your star player, but it pennywise and pound foolish to get into a confrontation like this. Because you are not getting free agents to come to your team if you act like that, or if you do you'll pay a premium for doing it. Considering how dysfunctional other franchises have been/are right now, its saying something when the Texans say, hold my beer.. . . .

8 hours ago, Death From Above said:

What do New England have to trade though? That team is better than the Jets but that isn't saying much.

It's the Texans. 3 deflated footballs and some kicking tees will do the trick. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Slightly off topic but I am fascinated by some Dolphins fans and media already turning on Tua. I agree the timing of when they decided to start him was off and Flores deserves some criticism for that. But Tua was *the* guy just two years ago, maybe not Lawrence level but not too far below. Then he got a bad injury, missed all of offseason and preseason of his rookie year (not that there was much of one), and got thrust in the offense with a limited playbook or practice time with the 1s. At least wait until he has a full offseason to learn/train/etc as the starter going into next year before moving on.

I'm not a Dolphins fan, far from it, but its way too early to give up on Tua and give a king's ransom for Watson (or draft a new QB). It just shows how little patience some fan bases have these days, its just crazy to me that some already want him gone. Imagine if the Bills had given up on Allen after his rough rookie year, he'd be killing it somewhere else right now and the Bills would be in a 6-10 streak again.

• Like 4

The Rams' next first-round pick will come sometime in the mid-2030s.

Also, if the price tag for Stafford is two firsts, a third, and a former #1 overall pick. . .what in the hell is DeShaun Watson going to go for?

Edited by Gonzo

Rams' first-round picks by year:

• 2016: Jared Goff
  • 2017: None (part of Goff trade)
  • 2018: None (traded for Brandin Cooks)
  • 2019: None (traded from #31 to out of first round)
  • 2020: None (traded for Jalen Ramsey)
  • 2021: None (traded for Jalen Ramsey)
  • 2022: None (traded for Matthew Stafford)
  • 2023: None (traded for Matthew Stafford)
  • Haha 2

I'm not sure how well Goff is gonna work out, he really only had that one season where he looked much better than slightly above average, but him + those picks for a guy who wants out isn't bad at all.

And if Matthew stays healthy, he probably gives the Rams a somewhat higher ceiling for at least the next couple years.

• Like 1