DVDVR Message Board

2021 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

When you have the choice between the guy in charge of one of the best offenses we've ever seen, or the guy who is in charge of the legendary Baltimore Ravens wide receivers...you have to pick the Ravens' receivers coach, right?

• Haha 2

Oh. So they didn’t involve Watson in the discussion with hiring Caserio, and that’s what pissed him off in the first place. So ... this time they don’t tell him until after they had hired this chucklehead. Not that they were thinking about hiring him, or ask Deshaun’s opinion about hiring him. 

what could go wrong 

• Haha 1

Not to be ageist, but besides the fact that he hasn't been even a coordinator before, why the fuck are you hiring a 65 yr old? Because that means, at best you'll be looking for another coach in 5-7 years. I know 65 isn't what it used to be, and a few current coaches are getting close to 70, but they have been head coaches forever. If you assume that he makes it to the record, which is 72, that's still a new coach in 7 years, best case scenario. Not that I would hire Leslie Frasier either, the Bills defense is not exactly legendary. But not hiring Beinemy? Go home Houston, you're drunk.

6 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

Not to be ageist, but besides the fact that he hasn't been even a coordinator before, why the fuck are you hiring a 65 yr old? Because that means, at best you'll be looking for another coach in 5-7 years. I know 65 isn't what it used to be, and a few current coaches are getting close to 70, but they have been head coaches forever. If you assume that he makes it to the record, which is 72, that's still a new coach in 7 years, best case scenario. Not that I would hire Leslie Frasier either, the Bills defense is not exactly legendary. But not hiring Beinemy? Go home Houston, you're drunk.

I think they really wanted McCown but knew if they hired him, everyone would be in an uproar. I mean its a little suspicious that McCown was already announced as an assistant, which implies to me it was "part of the deal" with them hiring Culley. So, I think Culley is just a bridge coach they plan on letting go (maybe he will "retire") in two or three years and plug in McCown. (for the record, my opinion isn't original as I've seen others theorize the same thing)

• Like 2

Pep Hamilton was hired by the Texans to be the QB coach

Many believed that that was the role Josh McCown was going to get.

McCown is still believed to be joining the staff in some capacity just as Lovie Smith is reportedly getting hired (most likely as DC)

• Haha 1

I mean I guess they only watched the first 2 Washington XFL games and not the rest of them.  Granted Deshaun with a broken leg is better than Cardale Jones but still

Or you believe that the reason Justin Hebert was great mostly because of him and not because he is a hell of a talent who may be better than Deshaun if he keeps it up

6 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Reportedly Houston isn't high on Tua, which is a shame, because them trading Watson to Miami mostly for the draft picks they sent to Miami to help protect Watson would be hilarious.

My nightmare scenario is that somehow Deshaun ends up in a Sean Payton coached offense in New Orleans and we have to watch that mad science for the next decade. 

This would most likely require the Texans to prefer Jameis Winston to Tua, which is probably stupid, but it's the Texans.