DVDVR Message Board

2021 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

When McDaniels screwed over Indy a few years ago, I figured he must have gotten an off the radar, rule skirting "stick around, when Bill retires, you're the guy" offer.

So I'm at least a little surprised to see him taking interviews.

On 1/15/2021 at 7:17 PM, Kuetsar said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30718746/source-seattle-seahwask-wr-josh-gordon-suspended-indefinitely-again

Josh Gordon suspended again. You have to feel for the guy, but the NFL should probably stop giving chances.

Supposedly, Gordon's people were told that the latest suspension will be a lifetime ban, though the official language was "indefinite."

Also, the rumor going around is that Steelers are promoting qb coach Matt Canada to offensive coordinator.  I'm hoping he owns a book on voodoo, a cloning lab, or a time machine 'cause 2021 Ben Roethlisberger is probably not the right qb for this team.  I say that as a fan of his career (probably not the person).  I'd like to see him retire on his own terms and as a Steeler, but Pgh has way too many needs to win with an aging Hof'er.    I feel like his better bet to win something in the league again would be to go to a better team needing a decent qb to put the last piece in place.  Ben's past the point where he can be the guy all by his lonesome.

7 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

This quote... doesn't actually make sense, and yet, it does.

Adam Gase to the Texans by Wednesday.

Actually, they're reportedly going to interview Leslie Frazier, so. . .damn. Sorry, Texans fans.

Edited by Gonzo
  • Haha 1

And another head coach opening filled.

That leaves the Eagles and the Texans as the last two job openings.

• Jaguars - Urban Meyer
  • Jets - Robert Saleh
  • Lions - Dan Campbell
  • Chargers - Brandon Staley
  • Falcons - Arthur Smith
  • Texans - ??
  • Eagles - ??
Edited by Gonzo

25 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

Are you a recently fired head coach? Well the Seahawks want to talk to you about being their new offensive coordinator. They're interviewing Adam Gase today

I'm not convinced Gase is a bad OC. I'm not convinced he's a good one either, but he certainly wouldn't be the first good coordinator to utterly flop as a head coach.

• Thanks 1