DVDVR Message Board

2021 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

Falcons will be hiring Saints assistant G.M. of pro personnel Terry Fontenot as GM (have to wait till Saints are eliminated to make it official)

Lions are hiring Rams director of college scouting Brad Holmes as their GM

The Saints and Rams will each get two third-round compensatory draft picks due to the new rule that is supposed to encourage the hiring of minority candidates

Meanwhile, Louis Riddick is wondering what the fuck is going on

1 hour ago, Infinit said:

Steelers have fired OC Randy Fichtner. Will be interesting to see who they bring in next.

They also fired the O-Line coach and Jerry Sandusky enabler Tom Bradley who was coaching the DB's the past few seasons. Bradley's brother was the Steelers long time team doctor so it was a pure nepotism hire, now that he's gone hopefully some of the bad karma he brought will go away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Infinit said:

Steelers have fired OC Randy Fichtner. Will be interesting to see who they bring in next.

Well unless its a necromancer to revive Rapeleisberger's career, they're pretty much fucked anyway.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

Fast forward 20 months(or less) when he retires due to "health" or "spend time with his family" after going 10-22 or some such. . .

It was funnier when I said it last week and you liked the comment. ?

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

Well unless its a necromancer to revive Rapeleisberger's career, they're pretty much fucked anyway.

If we're bringing up past bad acts, what are your thoughts on Josh "if it ain't white, it ain't right" Allen? He fired off a few racist tweets in the past, and now plays for the :checks notes: Buffalo Bills...?

Glass houses, etc etc ?

22 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

Do you prefer Noodlearm Mcgee?

How about Mr. 2 time Super Bowl Champion?

Or what about Mr. Has won more than one playoff game this century?

Either one will do

??

Ps. I'm rooting for the Bills this weekend...just busting balls ?

I know its really really hard for coordinators to turn down HC jobs, especially if it is their first, but I feel for Saleh. Its a tough situation he is going into, the Jets were just gutted of quality players and make questionable ownership decisions, its going to be a brutal first assignment. But I think the Chargers and Texans are better jobs (if they can keep Watson happy), and probably the Eagles too just in terms of what they have to work with.

1 hour ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I know its really really hard for coordinators to turn down HC jobs, especially if it is their first, but I feel for Saleh. Its a tough situation he is going into, the Jets were just gutted of quality players and make questionable ownership decisions, its going to be a brutal first assignment. But I think the Chargers and Texans are better jobs (if they can keep Watson happy), and probably the Eagles too just in terms of what they have to work with.

I really thought Saleh would end up in Detroit.  A little disappointed he didn't.

Arthur Smith was really under my radar, was he seen as a legit candidate this year or is this a surprise? I wonder sometimes in these cases if teams don't want to wait for everyone to get eliminated from the playoffs and just take who they think is the best available. Meaning, would he have gotten the job if the Titans weren't eliminated.