DVDVR Message Board

DC Movies - 2021

1 hour ago, Log said:

Gotta say that it's a little weird how Cena seems to be doing all of the press for Suicide Squad in his costume when no one else from the cast is doing that.

He’s worn more spandex promoting this movie than he has in the last 15 years of his wrestling career.

• Haha 5

Since it seemed to work for Black Widow and since some of you are from the future

If you want to discuss what happens in said movie

If it is just "You da bomb in Phantoms yo!" then that is safe for here

I've got my tickets for Saturday night. And I know I've told everyone about the Alamo Drafthouse before, but they definitely keep you entertained before the movie with mini-docs like this:  

• Like 1

On 8/4/2021 at 9:39 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

I'll say, at least he doesn't look as miserable as Kane did:

d3b5DlerMQN_t6JcUK7tN59DF7MPUZWr66hHV_50

It seriously looked like he was told to come in his gear by Vince as a rib. 

Sad thing is this was a city council meeting.

• Haha 1

Hell of a job by James Gunn and cast.  Really fun action movie but also a lot of heart..    shot beautifully also.  Looking forward to Peacemaker what a great character.  

Also.. people are dumb.  Snyder and Gunn are cool.   Snyder just wants to do his own thing with Netflix.  The 'Snyderverse' is complete.  it wasn't enough that WB allowed him to put out ZSJL?  These people won't ever be happy.  Snyder has moved on... yet here they are.  Dumb. 

Another Justice League movie in the works years from now. Most likely to be rebooted even if they say nothing or otherwise about reboots. I think they should try adapting Morrison's 90's JLA, or the 80's bawahaah era.

• 2 weeks later...

Batman (1989). Still one of my favourite comic book movies. Watched the film countless times. That's why it was awesome seeing Batman on the big screen to mark the 30th Anniversary in 2019.

Edited by The Natural

Got round to watching Wonder Woman 1984 (2020), I really didn't like it. The story told particularly bringing Steve Trevor back that way and what was done as a result. Eww. WTF were they thinking? This film dragged, I was concerned about the running time when the news of it broke. The way the opening mall sequence was shot, Wonder Woman looks like she's floating/gliding instead of actually running. There's crappy CGI too. The convenient resolution getting people to resind their wishes.

Wonder Woman 1984 flopped critically and at the box office. The film would have faired even worse if there wasn't the global pandemic. Wonder Woman (2017) was much better than this. Critically it went from Wonder Woman's 92% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes to 59% rotten for Wonder Woman 1984. I still think Wonder Woman (2009) is the best Wonder Woman movie, 83% on RT. I'd have been made up with a live action remake of it.

On 8/27/2021 at 4:14 AM, The Natural said:

The convenient resolution getting people to resind their wishes.

That was what totally killed the movie for me. I'm as willing to suspend disbelief and shut my brain off as anybody but there's no way you'd get every single person in the world to take back their wishes. 

• Like 2

Can't fucking wait to see The Batman (2022). A very long time coming. Supposed to come out this October but coronavirus fucked the world. It's an early 2022 birthday present as it comes out two days before my birthday. God, I want to see it now. Here's hoping the sequel is two years after The Batman than three. Most entries in comic book movies are every two or three years. Sometimes more. Five years between Doctor Strange (2016) and Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)!

• Like 1

2022 looks insane for comic book movies:

• The Batman.
  • Sequel to Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.
  • Thor: Love and Thunder.
  • Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.
  • Black Panther: Wakanda Forever.
  • The Flash.
  • Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom.
  • Morbius. I don't give a shit about. Yes, that's the official tagline ?.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Eoae said:

Watched Shazam over the weekend.  It.... made me wish I'd watched a Zack Snyder movie instead.  That's not a compliment to Zach Snyder movies or Shazam.

Lol, there really is no winning with DC.

Wow, I'm in the opposite camp. I've been a Golden Age Captain Marvel fan since I was a kid, and I love SHAZAM. It's a wonderful film that's what the DC movies need to be. Not some attempt at a connected universe, but a story that stands apart from continuity and all that horseshit. I adored it, it's fun and sweet and I'm looking forward to Mr. Mind in the sequel.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1