DVDVR Message Board

DC Movies - 2021

It's not a lot to go off of, but based on the trailer for The Batman, it wouldn't be a shock to see Red Hood appear in those movies. My fear is that we'll once again wind up with another Joker. Oh well, a lot of time before any of that even happens. 

And now I'm again reminded that it's a whole year until The Batman. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bustronaut said:

And you never will, because they're "too goofy" for Michael Uslan.

Eh.  Wonder Woman was never made because the her story was "too complicated" for a movie.  

Then a raccoon with a machine gun made a billion dollars.  

Things change. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Craig H said:

It's not a lot to go off of, but based on the trailer for The Batman, it wouldn't be a shock to see Red Hood appear in those movies. My fear is that we'll once again wind up with another Joker. Oh well, a lot of time before any of that even happens. 

And now I'm again reminded that it's a whole year until The Batman. 

The Joker is a guarantee. The best superhero of all time vs. The best villain of all time. Matt Reeves will want to make his own take on the character like Tim Burton, Christopher Nolan, David Ayer and Zack Snyder. Real shame about The Batman's delays dating back to 2017 and coronavirus. Turns out The Batman comes out two days before my birthday so that's an early birthday present.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Eh.  Wonder Woman was never made because the her story was "too complicated" for a movie.  

Then a raccoon with a machine gun made a billion dollars.  

Things change. 

Goofiness can be overcome with a really good story, right?  Isn't that what Hush did for the Riddler?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

FTFY ?

Well, yeah.  Paul Dini is a miracle worker, but the whole point of Hush was taking a perceived "goofy" villain and turning him into a total badass.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Matt Reeves does with Riddler in the upcoming Batman movie.

Edited by J.T.

7 hours ago, J.T. said:

Goofiness can be overcome with a really good story, right?  Isn't that what Hush did for the Riddler?

That was one of the things I liked most about Batman: Hush. The exchange between Batman and the Riddler. If you want to read the best story with Hush, I'd say Batman: Heart of Hush by Paul Dini.

7 hours ago, odessasteps said:

FTFY ?

7 hours ago, J.T. said:

Well, yeah.  Paul Dini is a miracle worker, but the whole point of Hush was taking a perceived "goofy" villain and turning him into a total badass.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Matt Reeves does with Riddler in the upcoming Batman movie.

I LOVE Paul Dini, I rate him as the second best Batman writer ever behind only Grant Morrison. Look at all the media Paul Dini successful achieved:

The legendary Batman: The Animated Series, Batman of the Future, Justice League on TV.

Comics there's Batman: Mad Love, Dark Night: A True Batman Story, Slayride, Batman: Heart of Hush and The Legend of Knute Brody in Detective Comics #1000.I

For videogames, Dini wrote Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City. Batman: Arkham Knight desperately needed him.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

The ending of Hush still went off like a wet fart to me. Same with the animated movie. Like 10 issues or so of the quintessential modern Batman story only to fall spectacularly apart by the end. In my opinion of course, to those who love Hush.

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

The ending of Hush still went off like a wet fart to me. Same with the animated movie. Like 10 issues or so of the quintessential modern Batman story only to fall spectacularly apart by the end. In my opinion of course, to those who love Hush.

That's fair. I have a bit of a soft spot for Batman: Hush as it was one of the first Batman books I'd read with Batman: Year One, Batman: The Long Halloween, The Killing Joke and The Dark Knight Returns. Obviously Hush isn't at the level of those four. Yeah the identity of Hush is obvious, it recycles Batman vs his rogues gallery as Loeb did with TLH/Batman: Dark Victory and Batman vs. Superman slotted in. Book has it's moments, the Batman/Nightwing issue, Batman and Catwoman relationship and Jim Lee's great art.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TheVileOne said:

That's a fair criticism.  I've always found the elements of the conspiracy to be intriguing, but I also thought that Hush's motive was pretty stupid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like the idea of Batista just going into various movie studios and demanding to play characters regardless of them having any sort of project attached to them.

giphy.gif

Edited by Log
  • Like 2
  • Haha 8

James Gunn says Suicide Squad is completely finished.

“We completely finished the movie this week, VFX and all. Can’t wait for you all to see it,” Gunn explained on Twitter. “It is unusual [to have it done this early] but I always planned to have it done by now. What’s more unusual is that we didn’t do a single shot of pickups or any post-production shooting. Outside of Chris Nolan, that almost never happens, if at all, on tentpole superhero films.”

And then in response to folks who want him to release it earlier then

“Yes, it comes out Aug 6. There’s nothing left to do other than me looking at marketing & toys, doing publicity & waiting for the world to heal just a little more so a larger number of people can see it safely in theaters, where it is intended to be seen,“ said Gunn, who also wrote the film. In a separate tweet, Gunn doubled down saying, “Nope [it won’t be released early]. I want as many people to be able to see it in theaters as possible.”

I would be extremely impressed if he has this thing completely finished without WB execs looking at the finished product and then asking for something to be punched up or reshot or show more boobs or whatever the fuck.

The fucking nerve of Warner Brothers doing this today knowing Joss Whedon is fucking toxic, what Gal Gadot/Ray Fisher went through as Justice League was made and since. Unbelievable. 1.4k likes to 22k dislikes on YouTube.

Edited by The Natural

ESS4t9rXsAEhZ_2.jpg

e4a84900c7dc489beb3bfb710c5970c5.jpg

All the movie Batmobiles. My top three:

1. Tumbler from Batman Begins (2005), The Dark Knight (2008) and The Dark Knight Rises (2012).

2. Batman (1989) and Batman Returns (1992).

3. The Batman (2022).

It's so close between #1-2. In the end I went with the Tumbler.

I didn't like the Tumbler. Well, I do, but it's not the Batmobile to me. I think of the Batmobile as being a very fast sports car that shoots past so quickly you barely even see it. Whereas the Tumbler is all kinds of unsubtle. Like you'd hear it coming five minutes before it rumbled on by.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AxB said:

I didn't like the Tumbler. Well, I do, but it's not the Batmobile to me. I think of the Batmobile as being a very fast sports car that shoots past so quickly you barely even see it. Whereas the Tumbler is all kinds of unsubtle. Like you'd hear it coming five minutes before it rumbled on by.

Not when Stealth Mode's Activated ?.

When I first saw the Tumbler, I wasn't sure about this military vehicle with the monster truck wheels on the back having grown up on Burton's sleek Batmobile and the one in Batman: The Animated Series. When I saw the Tumbler in action for the first time, I became an immediate convert. The look of the Tumbler, how when Weapons System Activated it lowers you to ground level for a better viewpoint, it's durability and the sound it makes.

I’m proud to say I made it to part 2 of the Justice League before I had to turn it off because it was so boring. Maybe I’ll finish it this weekend, who knows.

• Haha 1