DVDVR Message Board

DC Movies - 2021

giphy.gif

Still remember this, the first reveal of Joaquin Phoenix as the Joker. Loved the look from the start more so subsequent ones finding out the paint and especially the hair were lighter to the dark we see here.

Edited by The Natural

On 2/22/2021 at 1:38 PM, Niners Fan in CT said:

Deborah Snyder said last week that it will be 4 chapters/4 title cards so you can stop after each or watch through.  Maybe like the Hateful Eight. 

So it’s six chapters, and they’ve released the names of them.  They don’t seem too spoilery, but then I also haven’t seen the WhedonCut.

So apparently somehow the Snyder Cut leaked early on HBO Max as folks who went to watch Tom & Jerry would get the Snyder Cut instead

Someone from the Hollywood Reporter said they were able to watch about a hour before it got yanked down.

• Haha 2

Snyder said the other day that he included a major cliffhanger at the end of the movie.

Yes. Let's go with a cliffhanger ending for a movie that will never get a follow-up. Brilliant.

• Haha 1

Again, just goes to prove my theory that Snyder is treating this movie like one big troll job of everyone he believes wronged him in this process.  YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO BE DONE WITH ME AFTER THIS BUT NOW YOU’RE IN FOR #RELEASEZACKSNYDER’SJUSTICELEAGUE2 FOR ETERNITY.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So the Snyder cut's UK release is on Sky Movies Premiere in 2 weeks. So, NOW TV if you're not a SKY Movies subscriber.

• Thanks 1

Imagine being given millions and millions of dollars to create a film that pits two of the most timeless and iconic superheroes of all time against one another and responding to criticism of your work with “love it or hate it, it’s probably the most mentioned movie in hashtags and references.” He’s bragging about fucking social media engagement. Say what you will about that movie where Superman fights Batman, but you can’t deny it was hashtagged! 

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Is "C+" in RT terms considered good? 

that's not a grade.  it's the percent of reviews that are positive.  So if 100 people review something and it's 75% that means 75/100 like it.  

There is a "grade" feature but it's always been weird because a lot of critics don't actually give a score.  

And with that....  i'm out.  Don't wanna be spoiled. 

Never really had a use for the site, so wasn't sure of their mechanics. 

When i wasn an arts editor at the college newspaper, tried to do the "no grade" thing for movie reviews but was overruled by the managing editor. 

So, we went the other way and that semester called it "Film Farm" and used the knife and fork symbol (now it would be an emoji I guess) instead of stars and said 4 stars - Brisket down to 0 stars - scrapple." And then we had to change it because some people thought it was a food review column. ? (dumb college kid) 

Edited by odessasteps

54 minutes ago, Bustronaut said:

It's at 46% among the "Top Critics."

The Rogerebert.com critic really liked it, which surprised me.

I went against my usual rules and read a review for it and that was the review I read. I know they gave it 3 1/2 stars, but reading the review made me think this 4 hour movie is a giant clusterfuck. The reviewer described it as having chapters, but also feeling like 30+ minisodes to flesh out the JL. Meanwhile, the story and plot from the JL that was already released is pretty much the same. 

And then they went on to describe it as art or addressing what Scorsese said about comic book movies or whatever.

• Like 1

I read some collection of reviews on cbr and there was a big sense of "this is a single vision from a single artistic voice and it's welcome to see relative to the initial movie and in this time of pandemic," while being pretty clear that it was getting points on that as opposed to what the actual vision was.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:
  Hide contents

I thought you didn't want to be spoiled. 

He has this thread set on follow. There's no way he's not going to be in here.

Niners and confirmation bias go together like PB&J.