DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies - 2021

On 5/24/2021 at 12:43 PM, NoFistsJustFlips said:

I have a feeling Shang Chi & Eternals are going to be a couple of big stumbles for Marvel. But we'll see, Marvel has certainly earned the benefit of the doubt.

I feel that if Shang Chi has plenty of ridiculous fights and if Tony Leung doesn't out-charisma Sima Liu right off of the set, it will be a perfectly fine movie. 

As for Eternals, I will just have to hope that Chloe Zhao knows what she's doing.

Edited by J.T.

For some reason I thought Harington was above Madden in the Eternals cast, but it's clear that was a huge misunderstanding on my part.

Hope there's plenty of Brian Tyree Henry. 

End of the trailer has some serious "we're worried this thing's gonna scare off most of the audience" energy.

I guess I'm the only one that thinks Eternals and Shang-Chi will probably do in the realm of what Ant-Man did at the box office, and Eternals in particular will get a lot of critical acclaim (and maybe even some award nominations).

I'm hyped for Eternals based off the cinematography alone.

Edited by Casey

I'm all for new characters and experimentation in the MCU, so yeah count me as psyched as hell. It's easy to go into the next Thor or Doctor Strange movies with confidence that it's going to be good, but after 20 years of these films, new blood is welcome. 

Aaron Taylor-Johnson has been cast as Kraven the Hunter for Spider-Man 4

I mean I guess its Spider-Man 4. Whatever Spider-Man movie is scheduled to be released on Jan 13, 2023 and is directed by JC Chandor

23 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I mean I guess its Spider-Man 4. Whatever Spider-Man movie is scheduled to be released on Jan 13, 2023 and is directed by JC Chandor

Think it's Sony's attempted Spider-Man spinoff universe like Venom, Morbius and now Kraven the Hunter. I hoped Spider-Man: No Way Home would be smaller scale with Kraven hunting down Spidey after THAT mid-credits scene in Spider-Man: Far From Home than a live action Spider-Verse.

Edited by The Natural

I know Sony tends to be stupid but I'm surprised The Superior Foes of Spider-Man hasn't been picked up. You barely need Spider-Man and it's a look at C-D level rogues trying to make themselves into something. An answer to Suicide Squad. The Superior Foes of Spider-Man is by far the funniest comic book I've ever read. In my top ten Spider-Man stories.

Edited by The Natural

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The blurb I read is they want to do Kravens Last Hunt. 

19 hours ago, odessasteps said:

The blurb I read is they want to do Kravens Last Hunt. 

Poor Aaron.  This will be the second Marvel character he plays that doesn't make it through the movie.

• Haha 2

On 5/25/2021 at 2:50 PM, Bustronaut said:

Vulture's tech guy was The Tinkerer, not The Mad Thinker

Trapster, Tinkerer, Mad Thinker.  Same skill set.  Same gimmick.

While doing press for Cruella - Emma Stone said she will not be appearing No Way Home

So of course, us as wrestling fans, immediately think "she is definitely appearing in No Way Home"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

wefbd0elcky21.png

Black Widow looks in the MCU. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) is by far my favourite followed by Captain America: Civil War (2016). Least favourite by far is Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015). I'd also say those are Black Widow's best and worst outings, respectively. You?

23 hours ago, RIPPA said:

While doing press for Cruella - Emma Stone said she will not be appearing No Way Home

So of course, us as wrestling fans, immediately think "she is definitely appearing in No Way Home"

The craziest of rumors not only say that she's going to be in No Way Home, they also think she's going to play some incarnation of Spider-Gwen.

Fans make up some wild shit sometimes.

This could technically go in either thread but since it will happen in Dr Strange 2...

Elizabeth Olsen said that Wanda's accent will be returning

• Like 1