DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies - 2021

5 minutes ago, AxB said:

Leticia Wright is English, not American. No right to free speech over here.

English employee of a company based in the US or at least until Disney fires her.

Anyway, we're getting into the weeds here and we'll just have to see how Marvel handles Shuri in the next movie.

Edited by J.T.

Gina Carano had freedom of speech, and for all I care, Wright can join her in the “fired by Disney” club. I think Wright’s situation is more dangerous and harmful, too.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 6

I am more offended by Carano's racist tirades than I am by Wright's anti-vaxer stance, but I agree that Wright's potential as an influencer makes for a dangerous situation depending on who takes her seriously.  I certainly don't.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

Simply put, if you don't want to bear any responsibility or face repercussions for private opinions, then keep them fucking private. There's no reason Gina Carano couldn't have kept her hateful bullshit to herself or maybe her tiny little circle of like-minded friends. Same goes for anybody with opinions that might offend or even harm another person or group of people. Keep it to yourself, it costs absolutely nothing.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

Simply put, if you don't want to bear any responsibility or face repercussions for private opinions, then keep them fucking private. There's no reason Gina Carano couldn't have kept her hateful bullshit to herself or maybe her tiny little circle of like-minded friends. Same goes for anybody with opinions that might offend or even harm another person or group of people. Keep it to yourself, it costs absolutely nothing.

What Chris said.  I think the problem now with so called cancel culture is that people want the "freedom" to express their not so cool viewpoints and don't want others to utilize their freedom to force those people to defend their opinions.   

If you don't want to be called to the carpet, then keep it to yourself.   I support Leticia's fundamental right to say what she likes, but I am going to use my fundamental right to totally fucking disagree with her.  Naturally she will call me woke or tyrannical or some shit and say that I am not respecting her viewpoints simply because I don't concur.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, Log said:

I'm more curious of how they'll write out T'challa.  I'm assuming a death offscreen situation?

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Gina Carano had freedom of speech, and for all I care, Wright can join her in the “fired by Disney” club. I think Wright’s situation is more dangerous and harmful, too.

Honestly, whatever way they decide to kill off T'Challa, just throw Shuri in there too. 

2 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

They should rip off the Wakanda colonizing space story from the comics, just so they can do a Poochie-esque “T’Challa and Shuri died on the way to another planet.” 

I was sorta hoping they'd do Doomwar and have Shuri and T'Challa die during the invasion, but it is too early to run that storyline since they have not introduced the FF.

Whole Bunch of Delays just announced

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS: 3/25/22 to 5/6/22

THOR: LOVE & THUNDER: 5/6/22 to 7/8/22

BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER: 7/8/22 to 11/11/22

THE MARVELS: 11/11/22 to 2/17/23

ANT-MAN 3: 2/17/23 to 7/28/23

Also two 2023 Marvel dates have been removed from the calendar

11 minutes ago, Log said:

What's the next Marvel thing we're getting?  Eternals and then the Hawkeye series?  Anything else between them and the Dr. Strange movie?

We have no idea when they're going to slot She-Hulk. Anything else done filming? Secret Invasion just started. They can always slip in another animated show.

Edited by Matt D

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Whole Bunch of Delays just announced

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS: 3/25/22 to 5/6/22

THOR: LOVE & THUNDER: 5/6/22 to 7/8/22

BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER: 7/8/22 to 11/11/22

THE MARVELS: 11/11/22 to 2/17/23

ANT-MAN 3: 2/17/23 to 7/28/23

Also two 2023 Marvel dates have been removed from the calendar

Sorcerer Supreme scared of a Batman battering ?.

22 minutes ago, Matt D said:

We have no idea when they're going to slot She-Hulk. Anything else done filming? Secret Invasion just started. They can always slip in another animated show.

Moon Knight technically just finished filming but I have to assume that is gonna have a lot of post production in it

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Ms Marvel is apparently done filming but it sounds like they might hold that til closer to The Marvels.

It was finished filming in like, April or May of this year. I can’t see them holding off too much longer to release it, especially now that the Marvels is pushed into 2023. That’s a long time to sit on a finished project.

Considering I saw at least 3 stories with it as their headline and not even teasing it as click bait, is it a spoiler? I thought they announced it on the red carpet or something. I never heard anyone say he was in the actual movie. 

I added a spoiler box for what I didnt think was one. 

Edited by odessasteps

I guess it depends on the places you visit/follow as I hadn't see a single mention of it

That being said - most places do put all casting things front and center now... especially one that, theoretically, is gonna get clicks