DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies - 2021

On 10/2/2021 at 12:04 AM, (BP) said:

I’ve been told by daytime television commercials that Scarlett can turn those annuity payments into cash now(!) with the right attorney at law. 

R.56a55a76384cab62308cf9cc9a9eb297?rik=Q

Edited by The Natural
  • Haha 2

Just watched Black Widow again since it's on D+ now, and I still think it's one of the better Marvel movies they've ever done. I really miss Scarlett as Natasha, man. I do want to see more Red Guardian and Yelena, though. Hell, I even want O-T Fagbenle's character to pop up in some series/movies in the future.

I mean, we know what Yelena is doing now, but I'm also curious what happened to the Widows, Taskmaster, Melina, Red Guardian... I just have no clue where they can pop up next. It feels like an extreme disservice to introduce all of these potential stories and characters and then just never go back to them. Definitely still feels like this could have been the start of "backstory/bridging the gap in between stories" trilogy, but I really, really doubt that'll happen now. I mean, not only the lawsuit and settlement stuff, but I don't think Scarlett wants to revisit this character again (and I don't blame her, it's been over a decade).

As good as the movie was... just a huge missed opportunity not to do this years earlier. I'm so mad, because there's a superhero in the MCU who has fuckin' Karl Marx tattooed on his knuckles and now I probably never get to see him again? BULLSHIT!

• Like 1

Didn't see it mentioned here, but apparently Letitia Wright is expressing vaccine concerns (again), but this time it's on the set of Wakanda Forever. Which is going to be interesting, since this month, a policy is being put into place where talent and crew have to show physical proof of vaccination - and it's a deal made by studios with the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers and several unions.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, Casey said:

Didn't see it mentioned here, but apparently Letitia Wright is expressing vaccine concerns (again), but this time it's on the set of Wakanda Forever. Which is going to be interesting, since this month, a policy is being put into place where talent and crew have to show physical proof of vaccination - and it's a deal made by studios with the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers and several unions.

7 hours ago, Zimbra said:

I feel like if Chadwick Boseman hadn't passed we'd be hearing about how Shuri died on her way back to her home planet between movies.

Ironic as Shuri's smart. I can see Letitia Wright getting canned.

M'Baku for Black Panther. Foe turned friend.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

I'd also go with M'Baku as the next Black Panther. Winston Duke is a good actor. Let that dude carry this shit instead of Leticia Wright being dumb as fuck.

I think you could also go with Danai Gurira, who's always a total badass. Shuri is so deeply involved with the technology of Wakanda, you could easily use that for the reason to keep her away from the Black Panther title.

• Like 4

I finally watched Black Widow and my review is that putting a spoopy, minor-key cover of Smells Like Teen Spirit over the opening credits feels like something that would happen in a parody of modern action movies.

Everything else was fine: good action scenes, Harbour and Weisz were both really good, plot was pretty stupid.

• Like 1

Best scene in Black Panther (2018). M'Baku/Winston Duke is my first choice to become Black Panther then Okoye/Danai Gurira and Nakia/Lupita Nyong'o third. Just don't give it to Shuri/Letitia Wright. Hell, even bring back Erik Killmonger/Michael B Jordan wanting redemption as the Black Panther.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Zimbra said:

I finally watched Black Widow and my review is that putting a spoopy, minor-key cover of Smells Like Teen Spirit over the opening credits feels like something that would happen in a parody of modern action movies.

Everything else was fine: good action scenes, Harbour and Weisz were both really good, plot was pretty stupid.

If I could have one wish for all movies going forward, it would be for this trend to die a fiery death. I hate these slowed down covers that turn up in seemingly every movie and every trailer. Granted, it was well done(in my opinion)for this film, but it needs to stop from here on

• Like 1

But his hair is fabulous when he goes bleach blonde.  I think this Warlock thing might work.

As for Leticia Wright... eh..... as a person sworn to defend the Constitution, I support her right to be a dipshit in her private life and not be fired for it, however she should not be surprised if I call her a dipshit.

And since I studied about the Tuskegee syphilis experimentation on Black men in college, I am hypocritically not terribly hard on Black anti-vaxers as long as their reasons for distrust about certain medical practices are based in fact.

So yeah.  Leticia Wright is just being a dipshit.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think I would almost prefer Okoye still being her own thing and leading the Dora Milaje because when she shows up you know someone is going to get fucked up.

Speaking of, did I imagine this, or was the Dora Milaje getting their own D+ series?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I think I would almost prefer Okoye still being her own thing and leading the Dora Milaje because when she shows up you know someone is going to get fucked up.

Speaking of, did I imagine this, or was the Dora Milaje getting their own D+ series?

I'd pretty much take anyone over Shuri as Black Panther than Letitia Wright. @J.T. put it well.

A Dora Milaje show is rumoured having just done a quick search.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

See this is how I feel about M'Baku! I'd rather him remain a bit of an outsider with his own agenda and not so beholden to the throne. They are both great characters who hopefully get fleshed out more and more.

• Like 1

Storyline-wise, doesn't Nakia/Lupita Nyong'o make the most sense?  She was basically doing the stuff the Black Panther does on her own without the powers or the suit. 

I'm more curious of how they'll write out T'challa.  I'm assuming a death offscreen situation?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, J.T. said:

As for Leticia Wright... eh..... as a person sworn to defend the Constitution, I support her right to be a dipshit in her private life and not be fired for it, however she should not be surprised if I call her a dipshit.

No worries, the Constitution doesn’t say shit about private companies firing people for their shitty opinions and speech, so you can defend the Constitution and think they should fire her.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Log said:

Storyline-wise, doesn't Nakia/Lupita Nyong'o make the most sense?  She was basically doing the stuff the Black Panther does on her own without the powers or the suit. 

I'm more curious of how they'll write out T'challa.  I'm assuming a death offscreen situation?

M'Baku and Okoye have more established identities already as leader of the Jabari Tribe and General of the Dora Milaje respectively to Nakia as War Dogs member so she could so with it more, yes. I'd still prefer M'Baku or Okoye though as the next Black Panther. Please not Shuiri which I expect unless Marvel Studios/Disney get sick of Letitia Wright or rather Letitia Wrong.

As for Black Panther, you either mention it in a line or perhaps not at all. The Joker was never brought up in The Dark Knight Rises but this is different in that it's the hero and lead of the series that's passed. Marvel Studios had the tough choice deciding to recast or retire the part. Either wouldn't please everyone.

Edited by The Natural

14 hours ago, J.T. said:

But his hair is fabulous when he goes bleach blonde.  I think this Warlock thing might work.

The Constitution doesn't remotely apply here.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ace said:

The Constitution doesn't remotely apply here.

She has Freedom of Speech even if that speech is dumb and yes, her speech is only protected if it is a government interaction.

I personally don't think she should lose her job over something she advocates as a private citizen, but that is up to the company that is doing the hiring.  I think that the HR policies regarding matters like these are pretty draconian.