DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies - 2021

12 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

Yo, you HAVE to take time for yourself. Besides being one of many folks on here who've been in your position, I'm also in the unique place of having a disabled kiddo who, even as he grows older like his two half-siblings, may not be able to be brought to the theater and will always require supervision just so the wife and I can have time alone. It's not easy but once you do it a few times, you'll see that it's beneficial for everybody involved if y'all get a break once in a while ?

Eh, the new kid is 19 days old. We've had cousins and my sister in law say they would babysit here and there, but I'll believe it when I see it.

My other daughter is 11 and it's hard to think back 11 years ago let alone 11 days ago, but I don't think I started feeling comfortable with a babysitter until she was at least a few months old just to get enough past the risk of SIDS and other mishaps occurring. We're in no rush. Right now it's just managing sleep and a baby that feels like it's just shitting 24/7.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Eternals will be in theaters with a 45 day release window.

You will all be happy to know that, by my standards, I have still not been spoiled on Shang Chi. So that's one week down. I'm sure CBR or whatever will just blatantly spoil things in their article titles in a week or two though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

Eternals will be in theaters with a 45 day release window.

You will all be happy to know that, by my standards, I have still not been spoiled on Shang Chi. So that's one week down. I'm sure CBR or whatever will just blatantly spoil things in their article titles in a week or two though.

Same here, although it will be Gizmodo or AV Club for me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bustronaut said:

He fights on an outdated bus, and Awkwafina is so short they had to cut a section of the bus's steering wheel out so it wouldn't cover her face in reaction shots. /Spoiler

You could start a YouTube show discussing bus portrayals in movies. 

• Like 1

It's another one of the problems with movie production being in Hollywood. Californians don't believe in public transport, so therefore movie director's and producer's concept of 'Bus' is based not on lived experience, but upon what they've seen in other movies. 

1 hour ago, AxB said:

It's another one of the problems with movie production being in Hollywood. Californians don't believe in public transport, so therefore movie director's and producer's concept of 'Bus' is based not on lived experience, but upon what they've seen in other movies. 

Actually LA has an excellent bus system that does about 1.7 million trips a day but you don't see it because people don't put busses in movies.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2021 at 4:46 PM, AxB said:

There's no way a bus could safely corner at 88.8 MPH though. Totally unrealistic.

Buses (even new) start to shake apart over 65, so it's completely unrealistic for an articulated bus to even get up to that speed

On 9/11/2021 at 10:43 AM, AxB said:

It's actually a problem with everyone filming in Vancouver.  There's a company that has a monopoly on public transit vehicles for motion picture shoots, and you can pinpoint most any transit shoots to Vancouver because of this.

A (new) artic will run you $750k, minimum.  Our new hydrogen artic's were $1.5M each!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Matt D said:

I really want to see Eternals in a theater but it depends on when the kids can get shots. Even if the 9 year old gets one, the (soon-to-be) 4 year old won't be there yet.

I know at least 3 people who have asked me why Shang Chi isn't on D+ now and/or when will it be, since they don't want to go to the movies yet. 

• Like 1

I mentioned this in the Upcoming Movies thread but since we are tangentially on the subject

Disney announced that all its releases for the rest of the year will be theater only and honor their "theatrical release window". So no more same day Disney+ Premium releases.

This is all due to Shang Chi doing really really well

Venom: Let There Be Carnage post-credit's scene (audio only). SPOILER~!

Spoiler

Tom Hardy specifically asked everyone in the theatre to not leak this, but someone did anyway:

Spoiler

• Like 1