DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies - 2021

16 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I feel like we should start a pool to see who here can go the most days (up til the prerequisite and necessary 45 before it goes VOD) without getting spoiled on the Shang-Chi post credits scene. 

Well considering I didn't even know there was a post credits scene until now - I am gonna blame you when I lose

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I need to see Black Widow, think it comes out on DVD in a few weeks over here and it's quicker than waiting for it to arrive on Disney± without paying to get premiere access. Episodes 3 and 4 from "What...If?" and Shang -Chi and the Ten Rings. In no rush to see that at the cinema. First film I'm probably seeing at the cinema pandemic era is the Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966). It's in my top five films of all time with The Dark Knight (2008), The Shawshank Redemption (1994), Pulp Fiction (1994) and Unforgiven (1992)

On 8/12/2021 at 5:15 PM, RIPPA said:

Venom: Let There Be Carnage is being delayed again

New date is Oct 15

I swear I am not making this up

Sony has moved the release date AGAIN.

Now Venom LTBC is being moved up two weeks and the new release date is October 1

(Hollywood Reporter implies that Sony made the move because of Shang Chi's strong opening weekend)

Something I didn't think about before with having a new baby - going to see movies is now practically impossible. And even if we had someone to babysit, which we pretty much don't, I'd feel guilty asking for the help to see a movie. Guess I'll be waiting until mid-October to watch Shang Chi on Disney+.

8 hours ago, Zimbra said:

That's pretty good.  They're only missing the Wasp, who would have been Linda Fiorentino.

I was thinking Winona Rider.

When Blade came out and it felt like comic book movies could be good, the two movies I wanted made the most were Iron Man and Spider-Man. I thought way back then that Tom Cruise would have been a perfect Tony Stark and would bring name recognition to a character people wouldn't be familiar with. I also always hated the idea of Leo as Peter Parker.

HHH wasn't popular enough then (and he still hasn't done movies anyway). Your choices are Hogan or Piper. 

EDIT: Or you can squeeze in Captain Lou in a minor side role. Or if you really want to run wild with it, Bret Hart or Terry Funk.

Edited by Curt McGirt

On 9/7/2021 at 10:17 AM, Craig H said:

Something I didn't think about before with having a new baby - going to see movies is now practically impossible. And even if we had someone to babysit, which we pretty much don't, I'd feel guilty asking for the help to see a movie. Guess I'll be waiting until mid-October to watch Shang Chi on Disney+.

Yo, you HAVE to take time for yourself. Besides being one of many folks on here who've been in your position, I'm also in the unique place of having a disabled kiddo who, even as he grows older like his two half-siblings, may not be able to be brought to the theater and will always require supervision just so the wife and I can have time alone. It's not easy but once you do it a few times, you'll see that it's beneficial for everybody involved if y'all get a break once in a while ?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Execproducer said:

Well, since this is being cast from the 90's, Bruce Willis is a much more likely Nick Fury.

The problem with that means the elimination of Keith David and Keith David should be in everything

• Like 3