DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies - 2021

Since I have zero memory anymore - is this the first time Marvel is release a "single" for one of its movies? Or does it happen all the time and if so then I refer you back to the first part of my statement.

Kendrick Lamar had that Black Panther album which had a few singles (All the Stars, King's Dead, Pray for Me).

Guardians Vol. 2 had that David Hasselhoff single, Guardians' Inferno.

EDIT: Wikipedia says there were a few others, like a Soundgarden song for the first Avengers movie (first actual song they fully recorded since reuniting back then), and a Method Man song for Luke Cage. The other singles were things like single tracks for composer soundtracks, or something like Hayley Atwell doing a song for Agent Carter, etc.

Edited by Casey

On 8/13/2021 at 10:31 AM, RIPPA said:

Since I have zero memory anymore - is this the first time Marvel is release a "single" for one of its movies? Or does it happen all the time and if so then I refer you back to the first part of my statement.

C'mon, man...

If we're also counting Sony / Marvel in addition to Disney / Marvel, then I guess this also includes the Eminem and Run the Jewels cuts from the Venom soundtrack.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

C'mon, man...

If we're also counting Sony / Marvel in addition to Disney / Marvel, then I guess this also includes the Eminem and Run the Jewels cuts from the Venom soundtrack.

Sounddgarden, Live to Rise from Avengers Assemble. Still one of my favourite soundtrack songs.

11 hours ago, J.T. said:

C'mon, man...

Sunflower by Post Malone & Swae Lee was a pretty big fucking song, too.

Anyway...

Some pretty interesting stuff in that trailer.

• Like 2

Really thought that guy at the beginning was Sebastian Stan and couldn't figure out why he was shooting eye lasers.

I'm skeptical about the movie but the Celestials do look cool as hell.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Why? Isn't she from the US? Also thought her debut was going to be Armor Wars?

Rumor is that she’ll be involved in a Wakandan innercity outreach program.

• Like 2

Not a rumor - confirmed by Kevin Feige

Thorne, who is set to play Riri Williams in the upcoming Ironheart series coming to Disney+, will first see her character arrive at the Marvel Cinematic Universe in the highly anticipated next entry in the Black Panther series. Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige confirmed the news in an interview with ComicBook.com.

“We’re shooting Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, right now, and the character of Riri Williams, you will meet in Black Panther 2 first,” Feige said. “She started shooting, I think, this week before her Ironheart series.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Yes, the rumor part is about how she'll appear in Black Panther 2, not that she's in the movie. ?

That's okay - I thought you were saying rumor part in reference to there being a TV show