DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies - 2021

2 hours ago, Casey said:

I don't think they're tech based, and I'm pretty sure they're basing them off of the metal ring weights used in Hung Gar martial arts.

Yeah, they look like Chi Sau rings but I am not sure of what tech they may use.   This movie seems to take place after the Blip, but the trailer says that the rings have been in Wenwu's family for a long time so it may or may not be Chitauri tech like the Vulture gang salvaged and sold on the black market.

Sucks its taken so long to get a Black Widow solo film. I wanted a Black Widow trilogy. I'd prefer that to Ant-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy getting the trilogy treatment. I know I'm in a small minority who has knack all interest in Guardians of the Galaxy/Cosmic MCU with the exception of Thanos.

• Like 1

Black Widow Rotten Tomatoes at 85% with 85 reviews. Spoilers are out there in the wild, so be careful if that's a sort of thing you feel the need to be careful about.

Mild spoilers

Spoiler

The Forbes reviewer can go kick rocks for knocking the movie as being a backdoor pilot for Florence Pugh in the MCU. That's literally the only thing I want out of this movie, lol

Edited by John from Cincinnati

I think I’m most excited (or perhaps intrigued is a better word) to see what they do with Taskmaster. I’ve always liked him, but honestly his ceiling is probably as another MCU Batroc level recurring bad guy or member of a team on a Disney+ show.

15 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Also that the Ten Rings organization in the movie is the same one that kidnapped Tony Stark way back in Iron Man.

Yep.  Hopefully there will be a tie-in to the Marvel One-Shot, All Hail The King.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

I think I’m most excited (or perhaps intrigued is a better word) to see what they do with Taskmaster. I’ve always liked him, but honestly his ceiling is probably as another MCU Batroc level recurring bad guy or member of a team on a Disney+ show.

His gimmick would be great on a weekly TV show, where you could have a different person each week for him to mimic. 

• Like 2

Spider-Man will get a new Spider-Man suit in Spider-Man: Far From Home (2021) going by this LEGO set:

Spoiler

E5Ojix8UYAAyktj?format=jpg&name=900x900

hollandsuit2.jpg

It's the Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019) red/black suit mixed with the Iron Spider from Avengers: Infinity War (2018). I like it. I expected a new Spider-Man suit as he's gone through them in the MCU and to make him different as I expect Maguire in his Raimi suit and Garfield in a blend of his The Amazing Spider-Man/The Amazing Spider-Man 2 looks.

More merchandise:

Spoiler

spider-man_3.jpg

Edited by The Natural

2 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Trailer with the release of Black Widow at latest, right? 

Between Spiderman and Matrix, it's wild how long we're waiting on marketing material for things that are allegedly being released this year. 

I think we'll get a Spider-Man: Far From Home trailer next week as Black Widow opens.

Also:

Screen-Shot-2018-11-23-at-10.11.10-AM.jp

?.

Edited by The Natural

New Spidey suits, per the toys revealed on Marvel's website.

spider-man_3.jpg

They aren't hiding Doctor Strange's involvement anymore either, his toy(s) are included on the article about the toys on their website. Also - that suit next to the Black & Gold one looks like Iron Spider, but it's infact black, red and gold instead of blue, red and gold (like the actual Iron Spider figure they show). And the first picture (bottom left in the above pic) is a Funko where the "new" Iron Spider suit is "intergrated" with Dr. Strange's powers.

Edited by Casey

Throwing this discussion out here that Matt and I were having:

How obscure a character would you say Shang Chi is to the layman?

Been in video games, but not any cartoons as of yet. In addition to MOTK,  appearances in modern times in Avengers, Atlas and other books. 

• Like 1

I think it may depend on age of said layman. Older (40+?) may have some familiarity with the name at least, but even I don’t think I could tell you that much about him outside of some of the Atlas stuff.  Off the top of my head, I don’t think he had any big appearances or anything during the 90s boom, so I’d say pretty obscure. He was just featured in an event in the Contest of Champions mobile game, but it’s not like they give you any backstory to him.

I’d say he’s less obscure than the Eternals and comparable in obscurity(but a little more obscure) to the Guardians and Blade prior to their movies.

Edited by JonnyLaw