DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies - 2021

People always wanted to see Peter B. as 616 Spidey, but he and MJ divorced, they didn't magic their marriage away so older creators could have the Spider-Man they grew up with.

All that said, I really, really hope they have Spiders-Man in the sequel. Special thanks to autocorrect for reminding me of them.

Tenoch Huerta (Sin Nombre, Narcos:Mexico) is reportedly playing Namor in the next Black Panther movie.

Not familiar with the actor but I am all in on bring in the Atlanteans.

It is also probably a good idea to not bring in the Rock to completely overshadow everything else that would happen... especially the extra attention that BP2 is gonna get.

(And it should be pointed out that, as far as I know, that the Rock has never been approached about it. I was assuming that was just idle speculation by Mark)

In THOR:RAGNAROK, Hela immediately destroys Mjolnir and kills the warriors three, and Cate Blanchett gives a terrific performance, but she’s like the seventh best character in the film and thus pretty forgettable.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Speaking of The Good Place, I really dig the fan-casting of William Jackson Harper as Reed Richards. 

I hadn’t heard that, but I can see it. There’s also apparently a push for him to play Superman.

18 hours ago, Control said:

In THOR:RAGNAROK, Hela immediately destroys Mjolnir and kills the warriors three, and Cate Blanchett gives a terrific performance, but she’s like the seventh best character in the film and thus pretty forgettable.

Jeff Goldblum's Grandmaster stole the entire movie from Hel.  Karl Urban as Skurge did a really good job with the little he had to work with.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

Jeff Goldblum's Grandmaster stole the entire movie from Hel.  Karl Urban as Skurge did a really good job with the little he had to work with.

And Valkyrie. And Korg. Plus, in what is actually a good thing, Thor is really great in his own movie.

Honestly, the list of best parts would probably be:

-Thor
-Loki
-Grandmaster
-Hulk
-Valkyrie
-Korg
-Skurge
-Thor’s biceps
-Hela

And, to repeat, Hela is actually great and maybe the fifth best MCU villain.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

I think my favourite thing about these movies now are how comically deep the bench is. On that basis alone, I'm kinda stoked for Eternals. You see all those names on that there poster? Gimme! 

Look at what they did with Carrie Coon! With Sterling K. Brown!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Look at what they did with Carrie Coon! With Sterling K. Brown!

Great pulls of the exact thing I've grown to love. Oh, we've got a tiny role in this stacked blockbuster? Better go get the best living television actors at the height of their power. And don't forget to call up that Walton guy, we really need him to make some warmed-over nothing sing. There's no excess too great for this franchise.

Sterling K. Brown is definitely on my "I completely forgot they were in one of these" list. What a powerhouse. 

OIP.QtCMqPbcYdOqYm88L03SjwHaKV?pid=ImgDe

E3vGq_eXMAIX3YC?format=jpg&name=large

steve-rogers-mjolnir.jpg

Happy 40th Birthday, Chris Evans! Never thought I'd like Captain America as I do thanks to Evans' portrayal of the character in the Marvel Cinematic Universe along with the contributions by Joe and Anthony Russo, Joe Johnston, Kevin Feige, Christopher Markus and Stephen McFreely. When I think of Captain America, it's MCU Captain America first. Spider-Man will always be THE Marvel Comics character but Cap is my #1 MCU character. Chris Evans also comes across as a great person in real life as well.

Edited by The Natural