DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies - 2021

2 hours ago, Bustronaut said:

Is anyone else worried we haven't seen a frame of Shang-Chi 5 months from its latest release date?

No.

There's a pandemic going on so gone is the media blitz designed to generate long lines at theaters.  Studios are learning to do things differently.  

Principle shooting wrapped in October so that leaves plenty of time for editing, effects dubbing, and reshoots if necessary.

We'll probably get all of the marketing we can stand by May or June and by then Disney will decide whether or not it will debut on Disney+ Premier Access as well as theaters on release day like Black Widow will.

I'm actually happy that there have been no trailers out to spoil the entire movie for me months from release date.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I saw people on Twitter mentioning there is still no Eternals trailer. No patience. 

It isn't due out til November FFS.  I'm bummed that there will be no New Gods movie to compete with it.

Edited by J.T.

10 minutes ago, J.T. said:

It isn't due out til November FFS.  I'm bummed that there will be no New Gods movie to compete with it.

It is doubly insulting to have the New Gods movie cancelled and get this "We have New Gods at home" shit instead.

• Like 2

On 3/24/2021 at 8:43 AM, RIPPA said:

It feels a little odd to me that we still haven't gotten any sort of trailer for Shang-Chi since, until yesterday, it was coming out in a little more than three months.

Now granted - it probably was gonna be attached to Black Widow but still

Hey I was on that almost a month ago!

Where were all of you back then?

• Like 1

To be fair I had forgotten about it existing until the pictures of the action figures showed up.

Also, it was going to come out in July until they had to hold off BW again again, do there should be *some* kind of trailer, even just a teaser, by now.

Most likely there is a trailer already in the can and once Disney gets its shit together about how they will distro Shang-Chi, they will release it.

Liu has already tweeted that the trailer will be "worth the wait" after the Super Bowl when everyone expected a Ten Rings trailer and got Falcon / Winter Soldier and Raya trailers.

Edited by J.T.

23 hours ago, Zimbra said:

It is doubly insulting to have the New Gods movie cancelled and get this "We have New Gods at home" shit instead.

I thought Eternals was happening more because Marvel TV/Perlmutter fucked up Inhumans.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I thought Eternals was happening more because Marvel TV/Perlmutter fucked up Inhumans.

Oh yeah, I was just goofing, Marvel announced Eternals way before DC said they were doing New Gods.  

I just love the New Gods and am salty that we're getting the store brand instead of the genuine article.  I'm at least hoping that Marvel keeps it super weird and Kirby-y

• Like 2

Alfred Molina gave an interview to Variety and, well... he basically basically spoiled/confirmed his involvement and how it's possible in-canon.

Spoiler

Jon Watts told him Doc Ock's story picks up right where we last saw the character in Spider-Man 2, and that "in this universe, no one really dies". 

4 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

Huh?

He was blabbing about Game of Thrones in an interview and some people thought he spoiled some stuff. He then amusingly dug in.

McShane discussed the incident, noting, “you say the slightest thing and the internet goes ape.” He says he “was accused of giving the plot away” by some people, but McShane has a simple response for anyone who got especially pissed at him for that: “Get a fucking life. It’s only tits and dragons.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On Spider-Man: No Way Home, I wish we were getting a more simple story of Peter Parker trying to prove his innocence while on the run from various villains (one of them being Kraven the Hunter) who are trying to kill or capture him rather then a multiverse story. Anybody else?

I'm still looking forward to the movie mostly to see the fallout from Peter's secret identity expose and Alfred Molina back as Doctor Octopus. Molina's portrayal is still one of the best CBM villains. I'd make a Doc Ock bad from the start than the tentacles corruption this go round. Hope the rumours are true that Matt Murdock's in played by Charlie Cox and Willem Dafoe as the Green Goblin. Just give him a better mask and costume.

Edited by The Natural

I'm open to them doing multiverse stuff, but I think this is the wrong place for it since Into the Spider-Verse already exists and  the majority of the Sony movies were the drizzling shits.

But I like Alfred Molina and it sounds like he got paid to make faces at a camera so I'll take it.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

I'm open to them doing multiverse stuff, but I think this is the wrong place for it since Into the Spider-Verse already exists and  the majority of the Sony movies were the drizzling shits.

But I like Alfred Molina and it sounds like he got paid to make faces at a camera so I'll take it.

In full agreement!

3 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Frames of Shang-Chi.

So Shang-Chi won't join the Mandarin despite training him. Reminds me of Batman Begins with Bruce Wayne learning from the League of Shadows but won't kill and leaves them. Man, I still we got the Mandarin in the Iron Man 3 trailers and first half of it as it was a great reinvention from the stereotypical one from the comics to a leader of a terrorist cult.

• Like 1