DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies - 2021

There’s a probably fake rumor going around that

Spoiler

Feige is developing a “The Mutants” movie to introduce the X-Men to the MCU.  Supposedly, it’s an homage to what Stan Lee originally wanted to name the X-Men.

That is so obviously fake.  At this point, I feel like at least once per week some bullshit site with no credibility runs a wild “scoop” like that.  You’d think people would know better by now.  But all it takes is a couple of key sites/accounts that will aggregate ANY fucking thing if it’ll get them a few clicks, and suddenly everybody is treating it like it’s legitimate, when it’s so clearly not.

• Like 2

I was looking at the planned release schedule, and assuming Disney doesn't move anything else (which is not a safe assumption) right now they have eight movies scheduled in about an 18 month stretch, six of them in one day shy of a year, and the first four in a seven month stretch.

I know the pandemic wiping out a full year is the basic cause, but... Holy fuck that's insane.

• Like 1

Oh it's gonna be overkill for a lot of people, ESPECIALLY when you combine the movies with all of the D+ original shows in between. This year is going to be nuts, someone online did a spreadsheet where there's maybe a week or two every few months where there isn't some kind of new Marvel content dropping (but that might change now with the behind the scenes docs and the Marvel Legends series).

• Like 2

I thought and still do Black Widow needs to be released on Disney+ rather than another delay. Speaking of Black Widow:

Spoiler

Man, I wish Black Widow was kept alive at Avengers: Endgame. I'd much rather have more Black Widow played by Scarlett Johansson than fucking Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye.

• Like 5

They really should just go with the same theater release and online release that others are doing and know that they're probably just going to have to eat shit on it. It sucks, but we're not getting back to any sort of "normal" until fall. 

• Like 1

On 3/4/2021 at 10:39 PM, EVA said:

That is so obviously fake.  At this point, I feel like at least once per week some bullshit site with no credibility runs a wild “scoop” like that.  You’d think people would know better by now.  But all it takes is a couple of key sites/accounts that will aggregate ANY fucking thing if it’ll get them a few clicks, and suddenly everybody is treating it like it’s legitimate, when it’s so clearly not.

Quoting myself to add that I was DELIGHTED yesterday to see James Gunn call out this same site for running another bullshit “scoop” about Adam Warlock casting.  I wish more people/studios would.

• Like 2

Venom: Let There Be Carnage has been delayed another three months

The newest release date is Sept 17, 2021

The big reason for the delay is because F9 is now coming out on what was Venom's release date (June 25)

Disney CEO Bob Chapek said in an interview with Bloomberg that Black Widow's release will be a "last minute decision"

“Our situation and our conditions change,” Chapek said. “Just a few weeks ago, theaters in New York and Los Angeles weren’t even open. Now, all of a sudden they’re open, so we’re waiting to see how prospective theatergoers respond to these reopenings. We’re going to remain flexible. We’ll make the call probably at the last minute in terms of how these films come to market, whether it’s Black Widow or any other title. We love the theatrical window. We think it’s important for building our franchises. At the same time, we don’t think it’s the only way to do it. … We’ll see what happens over the next couple of months. So much is changing, it’s such a dynamic environment. It’s really hard to predict what’s going to happen with consumer behavior in the next month as it comes to re-emergence back into the world of normal. We’ll be watching the call carefully and make the call when we have to.”

• Haha 1

ExL8AxTVoAYA4_K?format=jpg&name=900x900

Collage of Black Widow posters in the MCU.

Iron Man 2 (2010).

The Avengers (2012).

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014). Natasha Romanov's best look IMO.

Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015). Widow's worst look.

Captain America: Civil War (2016).

Avengers: Infinity War (2018).

Avengers: Endgame (2019).

Black Widow (2021).

It feels a little odd to me that we still haven't gotten any sort of trailer for Shang-Chi since, until yesterday, it was coming out in a little more than three months.

Now granted - it probably was gonna be attached to Black Widow but still

I'm happy they finally decided to put BW on D+. I feel like with WandaVision and F+WS, we're already into well into phase 4 so BW has lost pretty much all it's momentum. Plus, we're a family of four so $30 is a steal. 

• Like 2