DVDVR Message Board

Marvel TV - 2021

Ms. Marvel might have been pushed back to June/July 2022, if Mohan Kapur is to be believed (he plays Yusuf, Kamala's dad). Rumor is that it's to bring it closer to the release date of the Marvels in November, instead of having a huge gap inbetween interconnected series like WandaVision and Multiverse of Madness.

Words cannot express how bummed out this makes me.

3 hours ago, Casey said:

Ms. Marvel might have been pushed back to June/July 2022, if Mohan Kapur is to be believed (he plays Yusuf, Kamala's dad). Rumor is that it's to bring it closer to the release date of the Marvels in November, instead of having a huge gap inbetween interconnected series like WandaVision and Multiverse of Madness.

Words cannot express how bummed out this makes me.

Did it have a set date before?

No. A lot of people thought it’d come before Hawkeye since it finished at the same time, or before, that show wrapped but that didn’t happen obviously. Then they thought the end of 2021/January 2022, but that’s not looking likely either.

Probably get a release date on Disney Plus Day.

Edited by Casey

6 hours ago, Casey said:

No. A lot of people thought it’d come before Hawkeye since it finished at the same time, or before, that show wrapped but that didn’t happen obviously. Then they thought the end of 2021/January 2022, but that’s not looking likely either.

Probably get a release date on Disney Plus Day.

I didn't know they had even finished shooting. The favt that they had been reluctant to show any sort of trailer made me think it wouldn't be until a decent bit into next year.

7 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I didn't know they had even finished shooting. The favt that they had been reluctant to show any sort of trailer made me think it wouldn't be until a decent bit into next year.

By all accounts they wrapped filming 6 months ago.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Disney has finally officially confirmed that Ms. Marvel has been moved to 2022

It actually won't be released until Disney's 4th Quarter which is sometime between July - Sept 2022

Jesus that is late as hell. Wow.

I think I’m most excited about the continuation of the animated X-Men series. That, and the 90s Spider-Man show, introduced me to Marvel when I was a kid, so I’m here for it.

Returning cast members include: Cal Dodd, Lenore Zann, George Buza, Adrian Hough, Christopher Britton, Catherine Disher, Chris Potter, Alison Sealy-Smith, Alyson Court.

“X-Men ‘97” is also welcoming a number of new voices to the cast, including Jennifer Hale, Anniwaa Buachie, Ray Chase, Matthew Waterson, JP Karliak, Holly Chou, Jeff Bennett, AJ LoCascio.

So from the returning cast, that's Wolverine, Rogue, Beast, Nightcrawler, Mr. Sinister, Jean Grey and/or Dazzler, Gambit, Storm & Jubilee. Doesn't necessarily mean that someone like Dazzler is coming back, but still.

Also: Jennifer Hale! 

Edited by Casey
  • Like 3

Can't wait until Hawkeye to see what direction they will go with Echo. 

Will she still be the adopted daughter of the Kingpin (Vincent D'Onofrio!!??)  or will she get a fresh origin and then assume the role of the new Ronin (even though she's the first Ronin in the comics) as Cate Bishop becomes the new Hawkeye after (hopefully) Yelena kacks / retires Clint Barton?

Edited by J.T.

I feel the same way. Charlie Cox is perfect as Matt Murdock/Daredevil. Honourable mention to Chris Evans' Steve Rogers/Captain America, Vincent D'Onofrio as Wilson Fisk/the Kingpin, Robert Downey Jr as Tony Stark/Iron Man and Tom Hiddleston's Loki.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, J.T. said:

Can't wait until Hawkeye to see what direction they will go with Echo. 

Will she still be the adopted daughter of the Kingpin (Vincent D'Onofrio!!??)  or will she get a fresh origin and then assume the role of the new Ronin (even though she's the first Ronin in the comics) as Cate Bishop becomes the new Hawkeye after (hopefully) Yelena kacks / retires Clint Barton?

I believe the rumor awhile back is that she's going to be the adopted daughter of a (soft) rebooted Kingpin, which will be set up in Hawkeye and fully explored in her own series (featuring D'Onofrio). I don't think Kate Bishop will go by the Hawkeye name, but I could see her taking Clint's role in the MCU after he's retired (either by his own choice, or by Yelena - I don't think she'll kill him).

Only thing I'm not really excited for in what they announced yesterday is the Spider-Man animated prequel, because I don't know if I need to see a pre-Civil War Peter/Spidey doing stuff. That's only a few months to cover, tops, since didn't he gain his powers shortly before Civil War? He wasn't super active, and Homecoming is post-Civil War, so his "freshman year" would have been boring as fuck.