DVDVR Message Board

Marvel TV - 2021

13 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I'm glad I wasn't alone in getting the Die Hard vibe from this.

Yeah, it looks like a crazy tribute to all Christmas themed action movies like Die Hard, Lethal Weapon, and Reindeer Games.

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I would watch the hell out of Rogers the Musical

Yeah, Rogers the Musical in its entirety must be a special episode or bonus content.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I am concerned by the lack of Yelena Belova in the trailer.  Hopefully she will show up at some point to kack Clint Barton at they're just keeping it under wraps.

Don't need to show everyone in the first trailer, right? 

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Don't need to show everyone in the first trailer, right? 

You could still show her and tease it.  Doesn't mean that she succeeds.   Just means that Florence Pugh and her adorable Russian accent would be in the cast.

15 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I haven't watched it again yet. Did they show the Swordsman? 

They only characters I noticed were Clint, Kate, Lucky and presumably Kate's mother. 

Yes - Eleanor Bishop is being played by Vera Farmiga. You see her for like 2 seconds tipping her wine glass.

On rewatch - find it interesting that they don't ID Kate Bishop at all. Like not even a passing "Kate"

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yes - Eleanor Bishop is being played by Vera Farmiga. You see her for like 2 seconds tipping her wine glass.

On rewatch - find it interesting that they don't ID Kate Bishop at all. Like not even a passing "Kate"

It's been a while since I've read Young Avengers, but I do remember at the time that all of the characters sort of "made sense" except for her and that she just came out of nowhere. Somewhere in the middle of that comic I had this real sense that I was supposed to know her as well as the other characters did and I really didn't.

As for the trailer, I think they get enough across on the idea that some people call her the best archer in the world.

• 3 weeks later...

Don’t get his hopes up just yet, it’s just a rumor. The other rumor, connected to that, is that most of the Netflix cast will be in the Echo show they’re making.

And, potential Hawkeye spoilers…

Spoiler

Kingpin is supposedly in it as well, along with Echo (with her appearance setting up her show)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Apparently we're getting an Agatha Harkness Wandavision spinoff.

Hahn would reprise the role of Agatha Harkness in the series, which is described by sources as a dark comedy, though exact plot details remain under wraps. “WandaVision” head writer Jac Schaeffer would serve as the writer and executive producer on the project. Should the spinoff go forward, it would be the first project Schaeffer has set up with Marvel since she signed an overall deal with them and 20th Television in May.

As with all projects in development, Marvel Studios is staying mum on this one. Reps for Schaeffer and Hahn did not immediately respond to Variety‘s request for comment.

Yes, please put more Kathryn Hahn on my TV.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

Between this and the leaked Blade release date, it feels like we’re getting closer to a new slate of announced MCU stuff.

Disney+ Day, 11th November feels the best bet. DC Fandome, 16th October.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2021 at 9:06 PM, JonnyLaw said:

Between this and the leaked Blade release date, it feels like we’re getting closer to a new slate of announced MCU stuff.

I wish that Blade would be released closer to Halloween, but that will mess with The Marvels.