DVDVR Message Board

Marvel TV - 2021

2 hours ago, EVA said:

I really enjoyed Daredevil 1 and 3, Jessica Jones 1, and the parts of Luke Cage with Mahershala Ali.  Everything else on Netflix I could take or leave, and a couple of things (Iron Fist, Defenders) were outrageously bad.

I feel like I fell out of SHIELD some time in season 2.  Whenever it was that they got deep into the Inhumans stuff.

Apart from Luke Cage which I never watched, I'm with you on Daredevil Season 1, Season 3 and Jessica Jones S1. Not only do I rate Daredevil S1 closely followed by S3 as the best thing in the MCU, I think it's Marvel's best live action ever.

Yeah, Agents of SHIELD went down the Inhumans well too many. I'd recommend S4. Best season of the show by far particularly the Agents of HYDRA arc. See that.

Edited by The Natural

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In today's wacky rumors - there are now reports out that Megan Thee Stallion will be joining the cast of She-Hulk as... herself.

And it would be a recurring role

It's probably the easiest, cheapest computer animation style they figured they could get away with.

However, having that dude show up 20 seconds into Iron Man's original origin story will allow me to forgive a multitude of sins.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JLSigman said:

It's probably the easiest, cheapest computer animation style they figured they could get away with.

However, having that dude show up 20 seconds into Iron Man's original origin story will allow me to forgive a multitude of sins.

Yeah, it looks like they tried to make look rotoscoped but it just looks cheap.

Still gonna watch the hell out of it.

Looking at IMDB, it seems they pretty much got all of the MCU actors to voice their parts.  Except, Downey isn't listed as Tony Stark/Iron Man and the voice on that trailer sounds a lot like the dude who does his voice on the Avengers cartoons.  I really hope it's not him.  I can't stand that guy's Downey impersonation.

Not related, but on the Kung Fu Panda series on Prime, the guy that does Po's voice does a killer Jack Black.

5 hours ago, Log said:

Looking at IMDB, it seems they pretty much got all of the MCU actors to voice their parts.  Except, Downey isn't listed as Tony Stark/Iron Man and the voice on that trailer sounds a lot like the dude who does his voice on the Avengers cartoons.  I really hope it's not him.  I can't stand that guy's Downey impersonation

Pretty sure Holland, Evans, Bettany, RDJ and Cumberbatch aren’t voicing their characters either.

This is from Wiki - these are the characters NOT being voiced by their actor

Spoiler

Additionally, Tony Stark / Iron Man, Steve Rogers / Captain America, Taneleer Tivan / The Collector, Dr. Stephen Strange, Carol Danvers / Captain Marvel,[7] Howard the Duck,[8] Peter Parker / Spider-Man, the Ancient One, Ego,[9] Vision, Ultron,[10] Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow, Gamora,[11][12] Drax,[13] Wanda Maximoff / Scarlet Witch, Ramonda, Shuri, and the Dora Milaje will be featured in the series.[4]

7 hours ago, Zimbra said:

The "What If..." trailer has dropped:

Not super excited about the animation but it definitely looks cool.

HOLY FUCK MARVEL ZOMBIES I AM ALL FUCKING IN~!

24 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I, on the other hand, am glad this is the place they’re hiding them to hopefully never be seen again. 

The good thing is that they’re very unlikely to run Marvel Zombies into the ground in the MCU.

Having finally gotten a moment to watch the trailer, I’m officially reading way too much into Dr. Strange being sucked into a vortex looking thing and a rough looking Dr. Strange asking Super Sharon who she is.

Edited by JonnyLaw

I don’t think you’re looking into things too much. There’s no reason not to believe this won’t be connected to Phase 4, especially with all this multiverse shit going on. And the What If show tells a cohesive story apparently, it’s not just a bunch of different episodes. 

• Like 1

They haven’t been afraid to throw things out in trailers that seem bigger or cooler or more important than they are, which is the biggest reason I don’t want to read too much into it.

I was also surprised they dropped shit in German in the trailer.