DVDVR Message Board

Marvel TV - 2021

4 hours ago, odessasteps said:

We were disappointed at work tonight to find out Loki doesn’t start until June. ?

Yeah. Next week is Assembled: Behind the scenes of The Falcon and The Winter Soldier like WandaVision received.

Quick question that I am asking here because I dare not go into the thread for fear of spoilers

Life is finally allowing me to catch up on Falcon/Winter Soldier

I have 3 episodes left - do any of the episodes have mid/after credit scenes?

Just wanna make sure I don't miss them but also don't want to do a Google search

I am not starting the thread till Memorial Day at the earliest

And for those unable to watch the video - Loki will now come out on Wednesdays starting on June 9th

For those wonder - M.O.D.O.K (unsurprisingly) is not part of the MCU

However, it is officially the Marvel Multiverse

Speaking to ComicBook.com in a new interview, Jordan Blum was asked about the show’s continuity and explained that it took place in its own universe within the Marvel Multiverse.

“Yeah, we’re our own universe,” Blum said. “I think like, you know, Harley Quinn is a good example of like, that’s not the movies, but it’s really cool actually. Marvel has like a database of all the universes in the multiverse, and there’s a guy who runs it, and they let me pick the numbering of our universe. My son’s birthday, 12/26, is our universe, so we were in the Marvel Multiverse, which is awesome.”

• Like 2

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

I saw someone saying that Agents of Shield and Agent Carter may no longer considered part of MCU continuity. 

Yeah - apparently on the international versions of Disney+ the shows have been moved into the Marvel "Legacy" section which is where all the non-MCU stuff goes (Like Fantastic Four, some(most???) of the X-men movies, etc..)

Netflix still has the US rights so that version of Disney+ hasn't done anything yet

I have a feeling someone will be asking Kevin Feige about this in the lead up to Loki

Netflix has the rights to Agent Carter & Agents of SHIELD? They're both in the Live Action & Specials section of Marvel on Disney+ in the US.

It's hard to argue that Agent Carter isn't canon, though. I can see an argument for Agents of SHIELD in the later seasons where it kind of branches off from the main continuity and does its own thing, but Carter introduced the Jarvis we saw in Endgame. Plus that version of Howard Stark, and especially Peggy, have been seen in MCU films.

• Like 1

Depending on when Steve traveled back to be with Peggy that actually could have made Agent Carter non-cannon. I want to say AoS wasn't considered cannon outside of maybe the first season even before now. 

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, RIPPA said:

For those wonder - M.O.D.O.K (unsurprisingly) is not part of the MCU

However, it is officially the Marvel Multiverse

The cool thing about Multiverses is that they’ll fit pretty much any continuity you have and you don’t have to worry about them.

Unless you’re DC, and you establish that Batman ‘89 and the DCEU Flash are part of the same Multiverse as the Arrowverse, and then the Arrowverse goes through a crisis that destroys the Multiverse leaving only the Arrowverse behind, which means fans now have to consider which DC multiverse certain shows/movies fit into.

Edited by JonnyLaw

On 5/9/2021 at 3:20 PM, odessasteps said:

I saw someone saying that Agents of Shield and Agent Carter may no longer considered part of MCU continuity. 

AoS hasn't been canon since at least Winter Soldier where Feige and Loeb had a falling out when the AoS runners threw a hissy fit that no one told them the events of Winter Solider were coming.  When the old Marvel TV got nuked and Feige became supreme Marvel overlord, anything that wasn't under his purview previously was consdered an alt universe story.  The only TV that counts going forward is whatever Marvel Studios is producing directly for D+.  So yea, AoS, Agent Carter, Inhumans, and Cloak and Dagger are non part of the overall MCU.  Going forward, it's gonna run like Star Wars, where they'll pick and choose what stuff from the non-canon to bring in and how, but the rest of it is not even acknowledged in the MCU.  Shit, Inhumans and nuSHIELD never being mentioned in the films should've been a giveaway, and the Darkhold showing up in Wandavision was the last nail in the coffin.

Per Hollywood Reporter - Thomas Bezucha (Let HIm Go, The Family Stone) and Ali Selim (The Looming Tower, In Treatment) have been named as the directors for Secret Invasion

They wont be co-directing rather - each will get a certain number of episodes (most likely 3 each)