DVDVR Message Board

Marvel TV - 2021

General comment since Mark is complaining about spoiler boxes

As long as the discussion is in this thread - I would ask that spoiler boxes be used. For the most part - the discussion is moving week to week so yeah. I know not everyone cares about spoilers but Jesus - the episode has been out for less than 48 hours - I think the use of spoiler boxes is absolutely necessary.  I  mean it is similar to jumping into the General TV thread and posting about the season finale of whatever is the lasted big hit that I will never watch - This Is Us??? Do people watch that? (Obviously this doesn't mean you need to spoil who shot JR. We are all - theoretically - rational adults)

Again - this thread is for all Marvel TV. Someone could be checking to be like "Oh I wonder if there is a new trailer for Falcon and Winter Soldier" and walk into a walk of stuff they didn't want to see. I mean I am to the extreme in that I avoid the entire folder in general when I get behind in movies but a little curtesy is appreciated.

If you can label spoiler boxes - great but it isn't required. Trimming your fucking posts and eliminating superfluous spoiler boxes (like quote boxes) is required.

If the demand is for me to spin everything out into a WandaVision thread where the subject is a general spoiler warning than that is a different matter. But considering half the time people ignore show/movie specific threads and general threads anyway. With my moderation hat on - I am still trying to determine which is the best method to use. I regret not doing one for the Mandalorian and probably should have done one here but we are in a Brave New World.

Side note - I also remind folks about casually dropping spoilers of other shows in threads not related to them. I am glad y'all can crank through new shows quickly but I have a family that likes to watch shows together and if I hadn't I already had the Mandalorian spoiled for me but multiple sources outside of here (this is a general complaint about the Entertainment media in general) I would been slight more than irritated at the moment.

• Like 5

Besides the whole "trim your posts" thing, I haven't noticed any true spoilers being dropped. So what are we talking about regarding spoilers people are apparently complaining about? If it comes down to it, I'd rather see a separate WandaVision thread instead of literally pages of spoiler boxes in a general thread. 

1 minute ago, christopher.annino said:

Besides the whole "trim your posts" thing, I haven't noticed any true spoilers being dropped. So what are we talking about regarding spoilers people are apparently complaining about? 

It wasn't that there were spoilers out in the wild it was questioning the need for them - and then that train of posts that were just spoiler boxes (which you mentioned)

• Like 1

I wasn't being totally serious, but seeing posts with 3 or more spoiler boxes, whether that's all original or including quote boxed spoilers struck me as funny/silly. 

There's only 1 more week of Wanda, but Falcon/Bucky is starting in a few weeks. Maybe show specific threads is a good idea. 

6 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

There's only 1 more week of Wanda, but Falcon/Bucky is starting in a few weeks. Maybe show specific threads is a good idea. 

There are 4 more weeks unless I missed an announcement where all the remaining episodes are getting released at once

1 minute ago, odessasteps said:

Weird. I’ve thought all along it was 6 weeks, 7 episodes. Stupid brain.

They announced 9 episodes - I think how many weeks is still up in the air (like I know someone mentioned they were considering releasing two episodes this week due to leaks)

Honestly at this point I'm not counting anything out. Even if something doesn't pay off on WandaVision, this is just the beginning of Phase 4, which seems like it'll be totally bananas. The wife and I just watched Doctor Strange to kill time and yeah, the possibilities seem endless. 

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

BTW - I joked about it earlier but there is a new trailer for Falcon/WS being debuted during the Super Bowl today

I’ve pretty actively avoided trailers on WandaVision but I’ve no concerns about seeing them for Falcon/WS. It’s pretty clear what that show will be.

8 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I’ve pretty actively avoided trailers on WandaVision but I’ve no concerns about seeing them for Falcon/WS. It’s pretty clear what that show will be.

Big meaty men slapping meat

• Haha 7

Oh, I'm sure I'm probably talking nonsense, but what else do we have to do but speculate until we get a new episode?

Here's the Falcon & The Winter Soldier Super Bowl spot.  I like Stan and Mackie's chemistry so I'm down for this.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1