DVDVR Message Board

Marvel TV - 2021

If you don't have the context that Topps is the trading card company - Natural's post are especially amusing

Like before clicking on the spoiler boxes you are wondering "Ooh... I really like that jacket Bucky was wearing. I wonder if he is selling it on PoshMark"

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Bustronaut said:

Would it have killed them to make U.S. Agent's strips white and red?  It's so bland with the darker blue

This was 100% my thoughts when I saw it.  I really would've hoped that they'd have differentiated it enough from any of the MCU Cap Uniforms, when in all honesty, he just looks like a cosplay attempt.  I'm assuming it's the finished product as well(unless Walker gets a new uniform on the show), because it seems that Walker is the "Cap" we see during the halftime show in the trailer.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

I’m curious whether people think F&WS will be a relatively straightforward action show if it will have some surprise tie-in to the apparent Phase 4 multiverse plot.

I'd guess 80/20 at most. 

Yeah the more recent stories I have seen describe it more as laying the groundwork all over the place for the entirety of Phase 4 not just the multiverse stuff

Of course since this was supposed to occur after Black Widow came out - it will be interesting to see how they handle the stuff that links those two projects (theoretically)

Again - the reshuffling of projects kinda made it awkward as (without double checking original dates) - it was originally gonna be 2 general world building things, then like 4 or 5 straight multiverse things and then back to the Young Avengers stuff. Now we are getting some bouncing back and forth

8 hours ago, Zimbra said:

My guess would be F&WS will be more focused on what's going on in the military/espionage side of the MCU and won't tie too closely to the cosmic/mystic stuff

Agreed. Gave me Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) vibes.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

Fuck it. All Cosmic Marvel all the time. Imbue Baron Zemo with space powers or some shit.

But seriously, my prediction for awhile has been that Black Widow will setup Florence Pugh with taking up that mantle. That's not exactly a bold prediction or anything and others have made that same prediction, but I also wonder if Pugh was going to have a cameo for the last couple of episodes of the F&WS season. At least that's what I was thinking until Sharon Carter popped up in the F&WS previews.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Craig H said:

But seriously, my prediction for awhile has been that Black Widow will setup Florence Pugh with taking up that mantle. That's not exactly a bold prediction or anything and others have made that same prediction, but I also wonder if Pugh was going to have a cameo for the last couple of episodes of the F&WS season. At least that's what I was thinking until Sharon Carter popped up in the F&WS previews.

I am not sure if it was ever confirmed officially by Variety had a story a month or so ago that Florence Pugh's character from Black Widow will be in the Hawkeye TV series so it is entirely possible she would pop up here too. (But since F/WS already has War Machine - don't know if they would do two cameos)

Well shit, I didn't realize F+WS was coming just two weeks after WV ends, and with Loki slated for May, surely there won't be much down time there either. It's weird, people were getting burnt out on two movies a year but we go without for a year and it's all PUT THAT RIGHT INTO MY VEINS! ?

Still hoping we see Eternals this year for real... 

• Like 4

It's also just a better way to do most shows. When a streaming service drops a show and I watch it all over like a weekend, it slips from memory very quickly. Weekly is the best way to foster appreciation and make something stick longer. After x-number of years of streaming originals, I'm hopeful most people have come around to this way of thinking. 

Which isn't to say I don't binge. But it's not the way to release stuff. 

Edited by Andy in Kansas
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

Well shit, I didn't realize F+WS was coming just two weeks after WV ends, and with Loki slated for May, surely there won't be much down time there either.

• WandaVision
  • 2 week break
  • Falcon & Winter Soldier
  • 2 week break
  • Loki
  • 2 week break
  • What If?
  • 2 week break
  • Hawkeye
  • 2 week break
  • Ms. Marvel

I think that's the rumored schedule. Might be a longer season for What If?, I think it's supposed to be more than eight episodes for the first season. Easily my most anticipated is Ms. Marvel and seeing how they handle that in live-action. Especially her embiggen power, that's going to be a sight to see. I really hope they do something like this panel in the show.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 1