DVDVR Message Board

Marvel TV - 2021

Looking forward to the Marvel TV shows this year particularly WandaVision, Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Loki.

Hopefully I'll get to see the final season of Agents of SHIELD, Season 7. Watched the show since it first started but E4 said it wasn't airing it. Sucks that.

• Like 2

ErKOtKNXAAILnkp?format=jpg&name=small

Whoever made this online, thank you. I love Marvel Daredevil Netflix especially Season 1 and Season 3. S1 is the best thing in the whole MCU closely followed by S3. I'd go further and say in that order are the best live action Marvel ever. S2 was good but doesn't hold up as S1 and S3 do. Matt Murdock/Daredevil played by Charlie Cox and Wilson Fisk/The Kingpin played by Vincent D'Onofrio are perfect in the roles. You won't find anyone better.

On 1/3/2021 at 5:56 AM, The Natural said:

Looking forward to the Marvel TV shows this year particularly WandaVision, Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Loki.

Hopefully I'll get to see the final season of Agents of SHIELD, Season 7. Watched the show since it first started but E4 said it wasn't airing it. Sucks that.

Today I went on Disney+ for the first time since September before WandaVision starts next week. To my surprise I find Agents of SHIELD Season 7 is there, 10/13 episodes! I did a search online to find the first two episodes arrived on 13th of November 2020 with a new episode every week. I'd have started earlier had I known. Great that I'll get to see it!

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 3

On 1/9/2021 at 3:19 AM, JonnyLaw said:

So the new Marvel Legends show is basically a longer “Previously Seen On...” clip for each focus character.

Yeah, watched both yesterday. It's a short recap video package.

Edited by The Natural

Kevin Feige on episode counts for Marvel Studios TV shows:

"We're looking at it as developing them as either six hour-episodes, or nine or 10 half-hour episodes," he reveals. "So, for instance, WandaVision started that way and Falcon and the Winter Soldier as 30 minutes, but because it's streaming, it's Disney+, and the rules have blurred over the years, yes. Some can be 23 minutes. Some can be much longer than that."

"But She-Hulk, for instance, is being developed as 10 30-minute episodes. Some will be longer and some will be shorter. Loki, Falcon and the Winter Soldier is being developed as six 40-50-minute episodes. "Feige went on to add that Moon Knight is also going to fit into the same category as The Falcon and The Winter Soldier and Loki. 

• Like 2

30 minutes per episode is...disappointing. Less than that, like 23 minutes, even more so. You're trending into web video territory at that point. I already think Mandalorian episodes are too short. These Marvel shows being even shorter than that is something else.

9 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I loved how short the Cobra Kai episodes were.

I do too, but those are usually around 30 minutes I think and anything longer is going to feel like a bit much. I think the subject matter for the MCU is heavier and would be better served with longer episodes.

Then again, your mention of Cobra Kai does make me think of how this most recent season felt like a longer movie that they chunked out and I suppose that would be fine for the Marvel TV stuff.

Falcon's Captain America costume has finally leaked through this figure:

Spoiler

It's pretty much the costume Falcon wore as Captain America in the comics which I was hoping for.

OIP.gMb0lIsGyvQ59wuMIFAeUgHaLd?pid=Api&w

I own that book. Only difference is the colour of the boots and the wings are red, white and blue.

Edited by The Natural

I'm hoping Falcon and the Winter Soldier is better than Wandavision because the latter is getting downright aggravating to watch. At least the last 5 minutes of each episode is good. May as well clip those out and watch them like some Liquid Television type shit.

34 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Did we know that Falcon and Winter Soldier had an official start date?

I am going assume yes and it is just news to me but March 19 it is.

News to me too.  I was thinking they must have announced the date, but a quick Google search didn't turn up anything recent so I assume I just missed it. 

When I see numbers like that and think about how much is going into churning out a never-ending line of new Marvel and Star Wars stuff, the little voice in the back of my head starts whining things like "How fucking hard is it to get them to throw some of that money at a new National Treasure movie?" And then my brain just makes crying noises. 

10 hours ago, Andy in Kansas said:

"How fucking hard is it to get them to throw some of that money at a new National Treasure movie?"

Last year there was news that another sequel is in the works from the guy who wrote the screenplay for Bad Boys For Life (with the original cast returning), and a Disney+ spin-off (with a younger cast).

5 hours ago, Casey said:

Last year there was news that another sequel is in the works from the guy who wrote the screenplay for Bad Boys For Life (with the original cast returning), and a Disney+ spin-off (with a younger cast).

I want to be hopeful. But this wouldn't be the first time someone writes a National Treasure script that fails to materialize a new movie. We're in Deadwood territory here, where I'll believe nothing till I'm looking at on-set production photos of some stars.