DVDVR Message Board

DC TV - 2021

10 hours ago, RandomAct said:

I'm wondering if they are ever going to make a big deal out of the fact that the JSA is largely a dick to Pat in literally every flashback they do.

I'm guessing it comes up if/when they rescue McNider and whenever Ted shows back up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eivion said:

I'm guessing it comes up if/when they rescue McNider and whenever Ted shows back up.

There is the obvious parallel with Mike, but I feel like they would have gone down that road already if that was the plan.

Edited by RandomAct

Aquaman: King of Atlantis

Since it is a miniseries it is going here

The is the first 4 minutes of Chapter 1 which debuts tomorrow (Thursday, Oct 14)

Chapter II is Oct 21

Chapter II is Oct 28

14 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

They're also showing what looks like a CG anime entitled Blade Runner: Black Lotus soon too. Didn't catch the date. 

First episode airs on November 14.

I've kinda drifted out of anime, but I'm going to check this out.  Creators are Shinji Aramaki & Kenji Kamiyama.  Aramaki is mostly known for the CGI Appleseed flims.  Kamiyama wrote & directed Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex as well as Moribito, Eden of the East, etc.  Big fan of Kamiya's work pre-2010, not as much the more recent stuff.  He's wrote/directed a couple of Netflix's recent anime (Ultraman. Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045, Cyborg 009: Call of Justice) and they were fairly average, imo.  Still, Standalone Complex is one of my favorite anime and I really liked Moribito & Eden of the East, so I'm on-board whenever I see his name attached.

Black Lotus is set several years after Blade Runner.  Iirc, it's a sequel to Blade Runner" Black Out 2022, a short anime film (15-20 min) directed by Cowboy Bebop director Shinichirō Watanabe (it was an extra on at least some versions of the Blade Runner 2049 dvd/blu ray.  I'm thinking there was a 2 disc version with more extras).

14 hours ago, RandomAct said:

I swear I am going to riot if those cowards that write Supergirl don't put Lena and Kara together by the end.

It would be a pleasant surprise if they did , but I have no expectations. That seems like a natural chemistry they unknowingly hit upon on accident seasons ago. If they hadn't realized it yet I would be surprised if they did in time to actually do something with it now., especially with how little time there is left.

10 hours ago, AxB said:

Ruby Rose trending on Twitter because she's talking about her bad experiences on the set of Batwoman. 

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1450760137036210176

Saw this earlier today. Can't really say I'm surprised. I thought I recalled something about someone getting hurt badly, and it felt off when Rose talked about one of her injuries last year. Hopefully something is done. Makes me wonder how the other CW shows are on set.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Modertately surprising to WB to hit back strongly, rather than just no comment on it. 

… unless it really is “revisionist history”, as Warner said.  Pretty much everyone involved is pushing back strongly and aggressively against her comments.

Her version of events feels off to me; so I’m not taking her comments at face value unless someone or something corroborates.

4 hours ago, Bustronaut said:

Whatever Rose did on set is nothing compared to a stunt person being paralyzed and another horrifically burned.

It seems like her coworkers feel differently.  Since they've actually met her and we haven't, maybe their opinions should be given more weight.

So you think whatever happened on the set was intentional?  'Cause I'm kind of assuming whatever happened was an accident.  And, actually, besides "someone got hurt", I have no idea what happened.  

• Like 1

It's okay, Warner Bros will investigate themselves and find they did nothing wrong, but Ruby was a mean person so they are to blame for everything and hey let's just forget about our executives being racist as fuck on the set of other DC franchises and fostering a culture of abuse and horrible work conditions okay guys?!

• Like 1

Eh, you could be right.  Then again, you're making a lot of blanket assumptions so you could just as easily be wrong.  I dunno that Warner Bros. deserves much benefit of the doubt in regards to the accident.  It's not too hard to think they pressured her back to the set.  I'm much more curious about her throwing her costars under the bus.  But whatever, not my problem.

On a lighter note, I've actually really dug Legends in the early going of the new season. I didn't find a lot of things to like about the previous season, but I like the idea of the team trying to find their way out if a singular time.

• Like 2

Legends is the only (cable) DC show that I still watch - albeit, not live, but when it hits Netflix. And the last season got uploaded this week, so I've been working my way through that. Not really on board with the alien storyline, or Spooner (yet?), but maybe it'll all come together eventually. I've gotta say, though - the JFK football scene inside the Oval Office was CORNY AS FUCK. And not in a good way, IMO. I still adore Sara & Ava's relationship, they're so good together. I feel for Nate, too.

I used to hate how weird and cheesy this show was, but now I love it because everything else DC puts out is so serious and dark and moody. At least this, and the Harley Quinn cartoon, are light and funny and fun.

Mildly curious to get back into Flash, but I can't even remember where I stopped (Iris was trapped in a mirror or something???).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Mildly curious to get back into Flash, but I can't even remember where I stopped (Iris was trapped in a mirror or something???).

That was the season before the most recent one, and pal, you might just be best off skipping this most recent season. The only thing that was done well were the exits of Cisco and Wells.