DVDVR Message Board

DC TV - 2021

9 hours ago, RandomAct said:

Ok, so I might be alone in this, but I thought the most recent episode of Supergirl was mostly really well done???  Usually when a show like this tries to do a message heavy episode, it comes off really hokey and fake. This is one of the few times where I felt like it came off pretty genuine, and didn't need to rework the the motivations of the characters or anything. Didn't Azie Tesfai write this one?

She co-wrote it with J. Holtham, and David Ramsey was director. These things likely explain why it was handled better than usual.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

She co-wrote it with J. Holtham, and David Ramsey was director. These things likely explain why it was handled better than usual.

David Ramsey is not a bad TV director tbh. All the episodes he did this season were very good.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

Just caught up to the Stargirl where Eclipso escapes from the Black Diamond and this is such good shit.

That honestly maybe the best live action superhero fight I've ever seen.

The most recent episode was so good and packed an entirely different type of punch. The Yolanda story is really good.

Edited by RandomAct

16 hours ago, RandomAct said:

That honestly maybe the best live action superhero fight I've ever seen.

The most recent episode was so good and packed an entirely different type of punch. The Yolanda story is really good.

The superhero fight was really good, but it bordered on the edge of my suspension of disbelief with Artemis constantly being slammed into brick walls or through toilets and such. She’s just an incredibly athletic high school kid, so she shouldn’t have been able to go toe to toe with Hourman like that, but that was a relatively minor quibble.  Eclipso is awesome, and they seem appropriately afraid of him, although the number of people willing to touch random black goo is a little too high.

Edited by JonnyLaw

2 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

The superhero fight was really good, but it bordered on the edge of my suspension of disbelief with Artemis constantly being slammed into brick walls or through toilets and such. She’s just an incredibly athletic high school kid, so she shouldn’t have been able to go toe to toe with Hourman like that, but that was a relatively minor quibble.  Eclipso is awesome, and they seem appropriately afraid of him, although the number of people willing to touch random black goo is a little too high.

They briefly established that Artemis has superpowers during the ep where scouts are there at the school to watch her QB.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eivion said:

In a show full of supervillains its kind of amazing how she has come out the worst parent.

The weird thing is that the villains actually seem to give a shit about their kids. Court is the only one of the heroes with a somewhat supportive family.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RandomAct said:

Stargirl this week was legit damn creepy and unsettling.

I'd liked Beth being the one to actually figured out Eclipso's game. Wit how he is breaking down the team I'm curious to see if/when Jakeem and Jade come into play to even things up.

5 hours ago, Eivion said:

I'd liked Beth being the one to actually figured out Eclipso's game. Wit how he is breaking down the team I'm curious to see if/when Jakeem and Jade come into play to even things up.

I like that the character who seems the most timid was the one to show enough courage to figure it all out.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

I've been loving the new season of Doom Patrol so far. I just finished the second ep with Garguax at the vacation getaway and next up is Dead Boy Detective Agency.

I just caught up to the latest episodes and am loving it as well. Don't remember Dead Boy Detectives, but I liked what we got of them here. 

11 hours ago, RandomAct said:

It just occurred to me that the new season for everything is coming up very soon, and I'm still not caught up on all the shows haha. The shortened offseason really messed me up.

Same here. I need to finish Legends and Supergirl, the latter of which I’m pretty behind on. I think I caught up with Flash.

14 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

Same here. I need to finish Legends and Supergirl, the latter of which I’m pretty behind on. I think I caught up with Flash.

I only got two left on Legends, so I should be good there. I was going to shotgun Batwoman on HBOMax, thinking I had more time, but the new season is in like a week lol.

7 hours ago, Bustronaut said:

Stargirl doing

Reveal hidden contents

Identity Crisis

by way of Eclipso and the JSA is... certainly... something.

I thought it was more of a nod to the issue of Starman where Ted tells Jack about the JSA killing Rag Doll.

• Like 2