DVDVR Message Board

DC TV - 2021

• 2 weeks later...

My biggest thing about Red Hood in Titans is seeing how they handle Jason going fully off the deep end without getting "killed" by Joker.

Unless we get another time skip and the travel to Gotham is because Jason "died"

• Like 1

I saw a trailer, and yeah, it looks like they're going with "Jason went off the rails after what went down with Rose and became the Red Hood and the Titans don't know".

I'm so happy that Stargirl is back, and it looks like it's not losing any of the things that made the first season so good.  The relationship with Pat and Court feels a lot more natural and father/daughter than it did before.  Most importantly, it seems like the show will keep the patience that it had in the first season, which I loved. I don't need to see a huge battle every week, just keep making me like the characters, so the battles mean more.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2021 at 2:22 PM, Raziel said:

I saw a trailer, and yeah, it looks like they're going with "Jason went off the rails after what went down with Rose and became the Red Hood and the Titans don't know".

Or we just open with a super condensed "Death in the Family" and off we go...

17 hours ago, RandomAct said:

I'm so happy that Stargirl is back, and it looks like it's not losing any of the things that made the first season so good.  The relationship with Pat and Court feels a lot more natural and father/daughter than it did before.  Most importantly, it seems like the show will keep the patience that it had in the first season, which I loved. I don't need to see a huge battle every week, just keep making me like the characters, so the battles mean more.

This. I was so pleased to see it retain the same style and sensibility as its first season.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to point out that Legends had a rather dark and interesting episode this week.  Constantine's battle with his addiction was something else and it's so easy to translate that into one's real life addiction battles.  I think ultimately it's gonna lead to a write off for him which is for the best as it's almost at odds with the otherwise lighthearted nature of the show.

EDIT:  I just remembered the discussion about his character being written off but the actor staying there.  Didn't expect it all to head that way so soon but it's still interesting to see it all play out. 

Edited by NikoBaltimore

10 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I just want to point out that Legends had a rather dark and interesting episode this week.  Constantine's battle with his addiction was something else and it's so easy to translate that into one's real life addiction battles.  I think ultimately it's gonna lead to a write off for him which is for the best as it's almost at odds with the otherwise lighthearted nature of the show.

Spoiler

Constantine is definitely being written out by the end of the season.  That was announced a month or two back.  The actor, Matt Ryan, is going to stay with the show but will play a different character next season.

Edited by Eoae

I loved everything they did there with the Thunderbolt. Also very curious to see where things go with the Shade and Eclipso. Presumably Shade actually came there to keep people form getting themselves killed by Eclipso. They have me curious though on what happened that night between ISA and JSA since he claims to have not killed Dr. Mid-nite. 

The first half of the season was rough but I think with her back it allowed them to reset some things.  As a result it felt like a nice return to form and hopefully builds to a satisfying end to the show.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RandomAct said:

The most unrealistic thing I have ever seen on Supergirl was on the last episode when the boss of a major media company told an employee to "take a mental health day".

I don't watch the show.  Were they being sarcastic?

• 2 weeks later...