DVDVR Message Board

IT'S 2021, YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS - SDL - 1/1/2021

Dolfan in NYC

I continue to be befuddled as to what Billie's actual role is, but don't really care because of the energy she brings.

Sasha/Bianca vs. Bayley//Carmella was solid. The finish was one of the best X-factors I can recall seeing.

Bryan/Otis vs. Nakamura/Cesaro was nice stuff as expected.

So damn happy to see Sonya back though I wish she got a proper segment.

Roman & Jey murdering Owens at the end was neat. I just hope Roman beats Owens all on his own come their final match in the feud. 

One of my 2021 resolutions is to watch as much current wrestling I can get my greasy hands on. While I have kept up with the product the last few years, I haven’t watched everything WWE has produced. Tonight’s episode feels like it is the upper echelon of WWE TV from the past couple of years. We had a good storyline match in the main event, a very very good semi main and a good women’s tag. Worst complaint I have is the finish of the women’s tag as I, like most, am not a fan of the destruction finish the WWE feels is absolute money. Let’s hope WWE sticks to a heavy wrestling format.

Family had me distracted and I completely missed Sonya’s return. Very happy to see her back.

I was one of many who thought Billie was a goner after The IIconics were broken up. Thanks fully, for her, they found something though surely Billie can do better than worst act on Smackdown. The truth is the truth.

37 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I continue to be befuddled as to what Billie's actual role is, but don't really care because of the energy she brings.

Sasha/Bianca vs. Bayley//Carmella was solid. The finish was one of the best X-factors I can recall seeing.

Bryan/Otis vs. Nakamura/Cesaro was nice stuff as expected.

So damn happy to see Sonya back though I wish she got a proper segment.

Roman & Jey murdering Owens at the end was neat. I just hope Roman beats Owens all on his own come their final match in the feud. 

Guessing the final match is likely to be at the Royal Rumble with Daniel Bryan in the Royal Rumble match. Reigns vs. Bryan has to happen for the WWE Universal Championship. If Bryan wins that, he joins Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins as the only men to hold the WWE Championship, WWE Universal Championship, WWE Intercontinental Championship, WWE United States Championship and WWE Tag Team Championship. I've wanted Bryan vs. Reigns rematch since their first match together at Fastlane 2015.

Kevin Owens has to be the dumbest babyface for releasing a handcuffed to the ropes Uso and cuffing his hands together but not behind his back (so the cuffing didn't actually prevent Uso from doing anything later on).

4 hours ago, aloniv said:

Kevin Owens has to be the dumbest babyface for releasing a handcuffed to the ropes Uso and cuffing his hands together but not behind his back (so the cuffing didn't actually prevent Uso from doing anything later on).

I just like how Owens thinks he’s being the smart face, but is forgetting how cunning he was a heel. I wonder if that’s intentional - everything Owens is shitting on Reigns for is shit that Owens and Jericho did to Reigns in 2016. Which is kinda clever really, Owens is so eager to be seen as a likeable face he’s trying to white wash his past in a similar situation.

14 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

My lesbian queen has returned! 

Put your hair up, and square up motherfuckers. 

Finally, someone who actually looks good in a suit. (and no, I'm not talking about King Dipshit in the background)

@Wyld Samurai Very short version.  She had a stalker who broke into her home with the intention of kidnapping and/or hurting her.  She fled the house when she noticed him on her property and called the cops. 

She quit almost immediately afterwards, given the circumstances. It seems WWE was more than happy to give her the time and space she needed and welcomed her back.  

Details here: https://www.tampabay.com/news/crime/2020/08/16/obsessed-with-lutz-homeowner-south-carolina-man-came-to-kidnap-him-sheriff-says/

That dude that stalked her was from SC, where I currently work in mental health.  It has seriously taken a lot of ethical introspection to not want to look dude up to see if he had any pre-existing symptoms of a CPMI.

Edited by nate

So is Big E shorter than I thought he was, or was Apollo Crews wearing massive lifts in his boots? Because I had mentally put Big E in the "Physically Large people" category, and had Crews in the "Short people" category (because I've been in the same room as him and he's not a tall man at all*). Only they were walking backstage together and appeared to be the exact same size.

* He's billed at 6'1". This is not in any way accurate.

10 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

@Wyld Samurai Very short version.  She had a stalker who broke into her home with the intention of kidnapping and/or hurting her.  She fled the house when she noticed him on her property and called the cops. 

She quit almost immediately afterwards, given the circumstances. It seems WWE was more than happy to give her the time and space she needed and welcomed her back.  

Details here: https://www.tampabay.com/news/crime/2020/08/16/obsessed-with-lutz-homeowner-south-carolina-man-came-to-kidnap-him-sheriff-says/

She didn't quit. People just thought she would after the sudden change of her and Mandy's match to Loser Leaves WWE, but she was never actually released.