DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JAN 2021

Dolfan in NYC

8 hours ago, AxB said:

What could the meaning of those flags be?

8 hours ago, Eivion said:

So I'm presuming TJPW is where half the tournament is taking place. Will they be showing footage on Dynamite and/or Dark?

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that it took me several seconds (about 7) to work out that TJPW means Tokyo Joshi Pro, but if that's what they have planned I would be pretty happy. It would be nice if @Eivionand/or some of our other local knowledgeable Joshi fans could provide us with some kind of beginner's guide once the participants are announced. 

• Like 1

Young Bucks & Good Brothers vs Silver, Reynolds, Uno & Grayson next week on Dynamite.

I'm sure an anxious millennial cowboy will be very interested in this match.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 5

I'm actually excited about the AEW awards since it should feed into the Kenny Omega character any way it slices. Either he wins everything and it feeds his ego or he doesn't and he goes insane. Both are good, the second is better.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, El Gran Gordi said:

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that it took me several seconds (about 7) to work out that TJPW means Tokyo Joshi Pro, but if that's what they have planned I would be pretty happy. It would be nice if @Eivionand/or some of our other local knowledgeable Joshi fans could provide us with some kind of beginner's guide once the participants are announced. 

I rarely watch any TJPW. I suggest asking @D.Z.

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

Now that's a friend to have. No messing with Minoru fucking Suzuki.

I love that Suzuki is still so friendly with with former Suzuki-Gun members

• Like 1

Just now, D.Z said:

Maki Itoh said she would like to go to AEW.

I don't pay attention to Joshi but heard that Maki loves to swear as part of her gimmick.  So unless she went PG if the censors had a helluva time catching things as it is it sounds like they'll need to work overtime with her.

22 hours ago, Andy in Kansas said:

For anyone wondering, Revolution will be February 27. 

When do we expect them to announce a world title bout? And are we thinking Mox-Omega three stages of hell or something else? 

In my head I went “oh that’s ages away, they have plenty of time to announce a world title bout” then I remembered it’s only really 5 weeks!

I was beginning to feel like Dynamite has been drifting a little aimlessly recently, hopefully announcing a date will allow them to set some things up and get a bit of focus and direction.

Edited by Ultimo Necro
I can’t count the number of weeks between dates