Dolfan in NYC

• September 2: Jericho def. Janela 
  • September 5: Mimosa Mayhem @ All Out
  • September 9: Jericho and Hager def. Kiss and Janela
  • September 10 (aired September 16): Jericho and Hager def. Private Party
  • September 23: Inner Circle promo with Matt Hardy and Private Party
  • September 25 (aired September 30): Jericho def. Kassidy
  • October 7: Jericho and Hager def. Luther and Serpentico

That's the timeline of the relevant period. I don't care to speculate about anything. Just putting this here for anyone who's curious. 

Edited by Andy in Kansas
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Jericho didn't miss any tapings, did he? How did he get into the building if he was Covid positive? AEW tests.

Are they really doing test or simply temperature checks, wristband, hand sanitizer, wear a mask, come in? Also, what kind of testing are they doing and how efficient could it be if Jericho said he took multiple tests and they all came back positive?

I'm in Florida and everything that has opened up here has been temperature checks, wristband, hand sanitizer, wear a mask, come in. I'm thinking that's what they were doing more so than testing.

Edited by Edwin

It's also possible Jericho is full of shit.

And yes, they're really doing testing. Every taping. You get multiple wristbands for the tests you have to go through.

Also, for what it's worth, it took multiple tests for me to find out I was positive. I kept pushing for another test and another test because I was sure I had it since my wife had it and I felt like shit. I also have had three people I know who tested positive, tested again, was positive again, tested one more time the same week and it was negative.

The other thing that is possible is that Jericho is old and kinda dumb and got an antibody test, which came back positive. Him having antibodies would indicate he's not contagious, but at some point had it.

Honestly, I don't know. I lean more towards him being full of shit.

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

And yes, they're really doing testing. Every taping. You get multiple wristbands for the tests you have to go through.

Nah dude, those wristbands are clearly for the a temp check and proof you got a glob of hand sanitizer.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Casey said:

Nah dude, those wristbands are clearly for the a temp check and proof you got a glob of hand sanitizer.

Oh yeah, silly me. I guess I should listen to the dude who admittedly doesn't watch any of this stuff project his anecdotal experiences on what the company is doing as a whole and just flat out ignore however many times they've shown on BTE and elsewhere them getting their brains stabbed by cotton swabs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oh yeah, silly me, I forgot questioning Jericho and co. was frowned upon. My apologies.

Edited by Edwin

7 hours ago, colonial said:

Weird question about last night's Dark ...

What was the deal with that "manager" in Tesha Price's corner? Tesha's introduction wasn't shown (which was a bit odd), Taz made a fleeting reference to the guy being called "Bro Jones," and all the guy did for five minutes was yell and scream.

Outside of Taz's comment, there was no mention of the manager at all during the match, and it was quite noticeable for someone's introduction to be completely edited out of the broadcast, so I'm curious what happened there.

I WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT THIS TOO.
Like, who's that guy? What's his story? He seemed interesting.

In addition to Bro Jones, we also had Firm Jones and JOHNNY HUNGIE JONES.

Also,  I'M ALL IN ON EL AUSTRALIANO! Who's that dude? I couldn't find any info on him online.

Edit: Tay Conti and Serena Deeb are charisma black holes, I don't care for either of them.

Edited by The Green Meanie
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

however many times they've shown on BTE and elsewhere them getting their brains stabbed by cotton swabs.

Is this something that has actually happened? I don't recall any of that ever taking place on BTE, so maybe it's the elsewhere. I feel like if I had seen them actually getting tested, that would definitely be something I could recall. Would you mind linking to whatever video it is you are referring to?

Edited by grilledcheese
spelling

52 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

I WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT THIS TOO.
Like, who's that guy? What's his story? He seemed interesting.

In addition to Bro Jones, we also had Firm Jones and JOHNNY HUNGIE JONES.

Also,  I'M ALL IN ON EL AUSTRALIANO! Who's that dude? I couldn't find any info on him online.

Edit: Tay Conti and Serena Deeb are charisma black holes, I don't care for either of them.

I believe El Australiano wrestles as "Australian Suicide" in Mexico's AAA. Definitely understand the name change there, and I'm guessing Evans and Angelico may have played a role in getting him an audition with AEW (given the three working together south of the border).

1 hour ago, colonial said:

I believe El Australiano wrestles as "Australian Suicide" in Mexico's AAA.

That's him all right. There's a picture of him and his lady, Vanilla Vargas, and she's wearing the outfit he wore last night.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/9YQ0reSbc3I/maxresdefault.jpg

Edit: Anthony Ogogo's commentary is not that good. Somehow this past week his accent got more and more British as the night went on, I thought I was listening to Fred Armisen doing a British accent at one point (I love Fred, just for the record.)
https://youtu.be/EEmIIl96zk0

Edited by The Green Meanie

14 hours ago, Casey said:

After having a COVID denier on his podcast last week, this week Jericho has an actual doctor on the show to talk about COVID and the vaccine. In that episode, Jericho says he tested positive in September.

So that's Lance Archer, Nick Jackson and Chris Jericho that all had COVID around the same time I believe. And I want to say QT Marshall was around that time too?

I believe Archer was exposed to someone else who had it, so he went in to quarantine but didn't actually have it himself.

Jericho said he did "ten days in isolation" so I guess that would fit the above 9/10-9/23 timeline. 

26 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Jericho said he did "ten days in isolation" so I guess that would fit the above 9/10-9/23 timeline. 

This fits. There’s a lot of misunderstanding & misinformation about isolation and quarantine.

”Isolation” is for people who’ve tested positive, and is for 10 days.

”Quarantine” is for direct contact or symptomatic people who have NOT had a positive test, and is 14 days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, grilledcheese said:

Is this something that has actually happened? I don't recall any of that ever taking place on BTE, so maybe it's the elsewhere. I feel like if I had seen them actually getting tested, that would definitely be something I could recall. Would you mind linking to whatever video it is you are referring to?

I would have to find it but on Sammy Guevara's vlog they had a clip of them going over the bracelets and what they meant. I think it happened not long after they started the pandemic shows. 

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Godfrey said:

So Jericho almost certainly caught it at Sturgis, right? Or one of the stupid indoor shows he did in August. Really wish Jericho’s dumb ass would have released that info instead of doubling down on how ‘safe’ it was, who knows how many got sick because he didn’t want to look stupid at the time. What a dipshit.

Nope, it's not certain at all. The Sturgis concert was on August 2. 

He could've just as easily been exposed to it getting groceries or food or something else. 

Edited by TheVileOne

8 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

I believe Archer was exposed to someone else who had it, so he went in to quarantine but didn't actually have it himself.

Archer said he got it through his vet.

5 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Nope, it's not certain at all. The Sturgis concert was on August 2. 

He could've just as easily been exposed to it getting groceries or food or something else. 

Yeah, my math doesn't add up. I'm just frustrated with guys like him and it spilled out.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

Yeah, my math doesn't add up. I'm just frustrated with guys like him and it spilled out.

Fair. I get the frustration. Jericho hasn't done himself favors with how he's come across publicly. This pandemic has become a massive dumpster fire, I can't even wrap my head around it. 

At the same time, I don't want to target people just because they got the virus when it may not have been their fault and they might've been doing their due diligence.

I would say the bigger issue at hand here is that wrestling is something that literally requires you to do the things that cause the spread of the virus. And there's really no getting around it. And AEW has continued to do business since the shutdowns started.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Fair. I get the frustration. Jericho hasn't done himself favors with how he's come across publicly. This pandemic has become a massive dumpster fire, I can't even wrap my head around it. 

At the same time, I don't want to target people just because they got the virus when it may not have been their fault and they might've been doing their due diligence.

I would say the bigger issue at hand here is that wrestling is something that literally requires you to do the things that cause the spread of the virus. And there's really no getting around it. And AEW has continued to do business since the shutdowns started.

Jericho was vehement in his Covid denials, had conspiracy theorists on his podacst, and did indoor Fozzy shows in his off time so he was especially bad and since he's the top guy in the company I'd hoped for a better example. It's true the industry requires close contact but the testing levels sound like they're up to snuff, it's on the wrestlers to be sensible in their off time.

Edit to say: Obviously, no wrestling should really be happening. I'm so used to having AEW that I sometimes forget that in reality they should be shut down entirely. I shouldn't lose sight of that either.

Edited by Godfrey
  • Like 4

I was kind of bummed that last night's entrance to "Judas" did nothing for me at all.  It's getting to the point where I could separate the art from the artist all this time but just couldn't last night.

Oh, and quick point about Dark but whoever booked blue-haired Leva vs. Red Velvet with them saying it's Red vs. Blue deserves a raise.  The match didn't matter but I got a hearty chuckle out of that one.  I know Cody likes Halo so maybe that was a nod to Rooster Teeth.

Announced for next week: Matt Hardy & Private Party vs Matt Sydal & Top Flight. That's going to be interesting. Give us a good idea of how ready the two young teams are to work with each other, rather than having the Bucks or Santana/Ortiz as the veteran teams working the younger lads.

2 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I was kind of bummed that last night's entrance to "Judas" did nothing for me at all.  It's getting to the point where I could separate the art from the artist all this time but just couldn't last night.

Oh, and quick point about Dark but whoever booked blue-haired Leva vs. Red Velvet with them saying it's Red vs. Blue deserves a raise.  The match didn't matter but I got a hearty chuckle out of that one.  I know Cody likes Halo so maybe that was a nod to Rooster Teeth.

I'm fully expecting Shida to do a Yang from RWBY Cosplay outfit at some point with the Rooster Teeth Crossover.

I'd more interested in Acclaimed vs Top Flight myself.  Private Party seems like the distant #3 to me behind those two.

• Like 1