DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JAN 2021

Dolfan in NYC

9 hours ago, hammerva said:

That BTE is reason #230 on why you need people like Eddie Kingston on your roster 

3 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Eddie Kingston in 2020 has to be one of the greatest stories ever. But what a class act.

This. Eddie Kingston needs to win the AEW World Championship at some point. Can go in the ring and what a talker.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hayabusa said:

Hangman walking into the Dark Orders lounge asking could he sit with them hit me hard, especially when you got Kingston giving that promo to everyone in the back ?

Wasn't ready for that one two punch

Me neither.

Even though I think that Eddie Kingston has been a pretty good heel in AEW, it's real hard to keep him as a heel when you watch his speech in Being The Elite there (and that like Brodie, he's an awesome dude in real life). You could easily spin his current feud with Pac around if you eliminate the secondary parts (cause Lucha Brothers also need to be faces).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Don't sleep on that recap of 2020 at the tail end of the video. It's fucking great.

AEW do great video packages but they've upped their game even more with the Brodie Lee Tribute video and this 2020 recap.

• Like 1

They uploaded it separately from that video, just in case you don't want to listen to a Cody promo where he's heeling it up, again, but probably has no intent of being a heel anytime soon.

• Haha 3

To me, Eddie Kingston will forever be the guy who yelled "YOU BETTER GIVE US A GOOD REVIEW!" at me and @Rev Ray from the ring at one of the earlier Chikara shows... and then repeated the performance from halfway across the Applebee's at our post-show meal later that day. ? Him as the locker room leader in the wake of Brodie's passing is amazing, and I dearly hope they pull the trigger on him before too long.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

"Since it's the holiday season, we're here to help the less fortunate. I'm talking of course about Impact wrestling via these paid ads." ? He's even got the "glasses" for his McMemphis promo.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Thought that was some excellent build for Cody/Sydal that put some importance on what could've otherwise felt like just a match. Amazing 2020 highlight video for sure.

Getting the rights to Tarzan Boy is absolutely THE BEST. I'm all for more licensed music whenever possible, like the epic Hangman/Omega Cinderella video.. very ECW reminiscent, I love it. 

• Like 2

Tony S on another level with the facial reactions. Tony K seems to be having shoot with these. Also Tony K never shifting from his knuckles behind the biceps power pose even while mouthing off is hilarious.

Edited by Custos
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

What the fuck!?!?

Tarzan Boy was the entrance music for my second-most prominent backyard gimmick. Until Mr. Perry walks out to it as often as I have, he is a jerk who has to job to my Standing Shiranui that I never botched, ever. A JERK.

And obviously, I will put over the now-Toscano if he asks.

Edited by John E. Dynamite

Apropos of nothing (or maybe not), I saw a commercial for the Go Big Show during a movie on TNT over the weekend, so it's the commercial the non-wrestling fans see.  Cody was barely in it at all.  I mean you see him for a second standing next to someone but that's all.  No mention f his name, no real footage of him doing anything, nothing. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Technico Support said:

Apropos of nothing (or maybe not), I saw a commercial for the Go Big Show during a movie on TNT over the weekend, so it's the commercial the non-wrestling fans see.  Cody was barely in it at all.  I mean you see him for a second standing next to someone but that's all.  No mention f his name, no real footage of him doing anything, nothing. 

Gutted for you, @Technico Support. ;).

• Haha 1