DVDVR Message Board

2021 IMPACT WRESTLING THREAD

https://www.sescoops.com/2021/11/update-bronson-reed-impact-wrestling/

Update On Bronson Reed Heading To Impact Wrestling

Bronson Reed was expected to debut for Impact Wrestling at Bound For Glory. He ended up not being on the show, however. According to a report from the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Reed is expected to sign with Impact. The reason he wasn’t on the PPV and hasn’t debuted yet is that he was still dealing with visa issues. 

“Jonah Rock, the former Bronson Reed, was scheduled to debut here for Bound for Glory but he hadn’t gotten his visa. But this is the company he is expecting to sign with,” wrote Dave Meltzer.

I'm not a regular viewer nor do I see myself becoming one any time soon, but I do like this roster.  I'd be willing to watch weekly if they'd meet in the middle on a small list of reasonable demands:

1. Change the theme music.  Enough of the Raw 2000 feel.  How bout some saxophone?  Something like that Double or Nothing theme music or Wrestling Challenge.  Or how bout a marching band theme like old AJPW?  Or if we must be modern how bout a Hip Hop or Electronic beat.  Just something other than that awful Ass-Rock theme.  It doesn't help matters that they play snippets of it throughout the show.

2. No more Commissioner character.  Do away with it and book the matches without vignettes.  If Scott D'Amore yearns for camera time make him a disgruntled former VP that's now a lowly manager trying to secure his charge a title shot.  Also, when booking said matches please stop with the relentless 3 and 4 ways.  From time to time for sure, but not every week or every month even.  

3. No more magic camera vignettes.  Burn the WWE-lite manual.  I do appreciate that there are many straight up promo segments, but could Gia Miller not have to dramatize anything anymore.  Promos looking into the camera cut without a 'reporter' are great and welcome too.  That's what we wrestling fans enjoy - straight up promos, not badly acted vignettes.

4. Entrances don't need to be long, and they don't need for everybody to get their 'taunt' shit in.  Use the entrances time to show highlight packages of the wrestlers I don't know but would like to get to know.  Also, have you seen how AEW sometimes starts there shows with both competitors already in the ring - steal that from time to time.  Have an entrance start as you go to break, and then get us closer to the bell when we come back.

5. Change the look of the set.  It's clearly a small company you don't need a tired titan tron.  Gimme an entrance without a screen.  Something simple.  No ramps, no oddly cut shapes or extra crap.  Something minimalist.  Nothing to remind me of WWE.  Further, get the hard cam back on a side towards the audience.  The empty arena era is thankfully over.  

Also, Impact, you could benefit from a tasteful costume designer/tailor - maybe somebody outside this often tasteless industry.  And please make Johnny Swinger a manager/wrestler of somebody or a few people worth pushing without strong mic skills (or who could benefit from a second).  He's such a fun character, but has no purpose.

Thanks!    

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, kafkonia said:

Is WrestleHouse 2 ongoing? I don't have cable so I'm hoping they'll put it all on YouTubeat some point like they did the first one.

It was one night only to serve as the special Thanksgiving episode. Seems they've put at least half of it on youtube but not quite all of it. 

This was the opening 10 minutes:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Impact has announced Jonathan Gresham will defend the ROH Championship against Chris Sabin at the Hard to Kill PPV

Awesome!  And Deonna Purrazzo is wrestling Rok-C for the ROH women's belt too, right?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Awesome!  And Deonna Purrazzo is wrestling Rok-C for the ROH women's belt too, right?

That's happening sometime after the PPV, the setup for that had Deonna aiming to win back the knockouts title first to then go title vs title with Rok-C. Hard to Kill will be Deonna vs Mickie James in a Texas Deathmatch for the title.

• Like 1