DVDVR Message Board

2021 INDIE WRESTLING

12 hours ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

House of Glory, Amazing Red's promotion announced the double main event for their 12/11/2021 show.

Amazing Red v Malakai Black and Buddy Matthews v Low-Ki.

Personal feelings on Low-Ki aside, that's a hell of a pair of matches.  I might be making the drive up from Philly for this one.

Speaking of Black and Matthews, they tore it up in a match against eachother this past weekend at a wrestling convention.

50 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

Speaking of Black and Matthews, they tore it up in a match against eachother this past weekend at a wrestling convention.

Those two have been tearing it up with each other since I saw them on the NXT Coconut Loop in February 2018. 

IMG-2291.jpg

• Like 2

16 hours ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

House of Glory, Amazing Red's promotion announced the double main event for their 12/11/2021 show.

Amazing Red v Malakai Black and Buddy Matthews v Low-Ki.

Personal feelings on Low-Ki aside, that's a hell of a pair of matches.  I might be making the drive up from Philly for this one.

Should be well worth the drive, I'd suspect.

I wonder, if they will do two BOLAs next year, since there wasn't one this year (and last year) and this is in January instead of September.

Also wondering, if they will do a reduced field, since this is only two days instead of three or if they will do a regular BOLA. Theoretically they could still do three shows, if they did an Afternoon and an Evening show on one of the days.

• Like 1

GCW announced that Fuego Del Sol will be making his GCW debut this weekend. The only reason I'm bummed I work weekends again is because I miss all of these great indie shows now. I'll have to watch Allie Katch vs Thunder Rosa on Monday morning I guess.

21 hours ago, The Z said:

I wonder, if they will do two BOLAs next year, since there wasn't one this year (and last year) and this is in January instead of September.

Also wondering, if they will do a reduced field, since this is only two days instead of three or if they will do a regular BOLA. Theoretically they could still do three shows, if they did an Afternoon and an Evening show on one of the days.

I had to refresh my memory via WIkipedia...there were actually several 16-man BOLA tournaments before they switched back to the 24 man format.  I'm fine with it.  24 has always felt too long to me, especially packing the quarters, semis, and final into the third night.  By the finals, you've seen three guys wrestle twice already.  With 16 participants, you cut out a round and, for me anyway, there's less burnout for the viewer.

2011 was a one-night, 8 man tournament, which was pretty weird.  It was a fun tournament and we got Steen vs Fit Finlay, but still strange.  Does anybody know what the deal there was?  Couldn't book enough people?  Couldn't get more than one night at the Legion Hall in that timeframe?

Edited by Technico Support

@DEAN dream (re)match.

Deadlock the podcast started their own promotion. They're debuting with a TV taping on the 11th of December that'll later air on YouTube. The above match is on their next big event in January. All of it will be on YouTube (though not livestreamed) as far as I know. This is the coolest match they've booked by a mile but the title tournament that's starting at the tv tapings next week has stuff like Andrew Everett vs. Rosemary. Tankman, Bojack, and Kevin Ku are some of the other names involved in the tournament. Pretty sure the final will be on You Already Know.

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jiji said:

@DEAN dream (re)match.

Deadlock the podcast started their own promotion. They're debuting with a TV taping on the 11th of December that'll later air on YouTube. The above match is on their next big event in January. All of it will be on YouTube (though not livestreamed) as far as I know. This is the coolest match they've booked by a mile but the title tournament that's starting at the tv tapings next week has stuff like Andrew Everett vs. Rosemary. Tankman, Bojack, and Kevin Ku are some of the other names involved in the tournament. Pretty sure the final will be on You Already Know.

HOLY FUCK!