DVDVR Message Board

2021 INDIE WRESTLING

18 hours ago, DEAN said:

Masha Slamovich SPEAKS!

Pssst - she faces Mercedes Martinez tonight, for free, on YouTube. There's also Allie Katch versus Trish Adora, Tasha Steelz versus Holidead, a Gangrel match (????) and some other stuff. I'm more interested in the matches I listed, but the full card is in the comments.

• Like 1

For us Deadlock or nL fans, their wrestling promotion, Deadlock Pro Wrestling, starts this month. Sounds like they'll have weekly TV on YouTube that builds to bigger shows. 

I'm not sure how this is going to work though. WCPW wound up failing because YouTube demonitized wrestling content. Hopefully it works though. 

9 hours ago, DEAN said:

I gotta move back to Texas.

FDtHEOKWYAMr1s3?format=jpg&name=large

This match is actually now a double title match, with Rok-C defending both the New Texas Women's title and the ROH Women's title. Nobody cares but me, but - Allie Katch also returns to Texas for the first time since July, against Raychell Rose.

This weekend will be pretty awesome. You've got AEW's Full Gear and New Japan's Battle in the Valley on Saturday, and GCW runs two events on Friday and Saturday - Evil Deeds on Friday, Nick Gage Invitational 6 on Saturday. Evil Deeds has Allie vs Chelsea Green, Cardona vs Alex Shelley, Rina Yamashita vs Charli Evans (!!). NGI6 will be gross, and it has AKIRA, Yamashita, Masashi Takeda, etc.

I'm gonna have a lot of stuff to catch up on Sunday morning/night, fuck.

• Like 2

Horrorslam vs GCW 2 was a lot of fun. MOTN was probably Jason Hotch vs Alex Weir. It was warm in the building and the crowd seemed tired after that match. I have to imagine Hotch will end up somewhere soon. They worked a strong indy style match. I saw a fancam on YouTube I'll post in the v matches thread. He seems a good fit for Impact or slowly building up on AEW's non Dynamite shows. John Wayne Murdoch ate a horrible back drop into a box of tubes, so much spooky dust went up. I snagged a picture of the inside of it once he was out, it was insane. Support your local indies!

My voice is a little strained and my palms sore from clapping. And tonight I'm crossing off seeing Masashi Takeda live from my bucket list. So I expect I'll be a mute this weekend. 

• Like 1

Wow we are at maybe 1/3 capacity for west coast vs the world. My last three shows have been packed. They asked me to sit on one side wwe/aew style. This is going to be such an amazing show! I guess everyone’s going to new japan tomorrow and can’t/won’t do two shows in a row. 

Edit: people are filling in more now. We’re maybe 3/4. 

Horus vs Fredericks was fun as shit. Awesome match. 

Ishii vs massaro was lots of fun. Can’t wait for the next two. 

Edited by matt925

Allie Katch stapled a picture of Cardona winning the IC title to Chelsea Green's face. Shelley vs Cardona was crazy interference done right. 

Rina Yamashita vs Charli Evans was match of the night. Wild match, hope to see more of Charli. Rina is just as crazy as she is in Freedoms.

• Like 1