DVDVR Message Board

2021 INDIE WRESTLING

On 10/17/2021 at 8:38 PM, AxB said:

Full Bloodsport card.

Starboy? Fuck yeah, dude reminds me of Jimmy Rave

edit- nevermind, i was thinking of B.K. Westbrook. Doesn't he have a starboy gimmick, too?

Edited by Horatio
  • Like 1

Briscoes vs Mance/Justice was pretty fun. 2GC are kinda a 2nd-tier ECW act but it was as good of a match as they've had. Lots of blood and violence and a couple of nutty spots.

Suzuki vs Gage was definitely not 'good' but had that weird freakshow appeal. No pizza cutter or glass unfortunately. 

One match? Go with the Daniel Garcia match from Limitless Wrestling. But if you can, watch the three match series wit Alex Shelley from AIW.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, killsteve said:

If I was to check out a Lee Moriaty match that would sell me on the hype around him it would be....???

These matches I watched yesterday.

================

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AxB said:

One match? Go with the Daniel Garcia match from Limitless Wrestling. But if you can, watch the three match series wit Alex Shelley from AIW.

The Garcia match is extremely watchable and gets over the attention to detail and close-up magic matwork, but I'd argue it's more of a Garcia match than a Moriarty match.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

he had some great matches with Josh Alexander that helped get Lee booked in more places and get his name out there to the masses

You're in Pittsburgh, right? Did you go to the Enjoy Wrestling tapings? The Lee vs MV Young match at the end of season one was pretty good (I haven't watched all of season 2 or any of season 3 yet).

6 hours ago, AxB said:

You're in Pittsburgh, right? Did you go to the Enjoy Wrestling tapings? The Lee vs MV Young match at the end of season one was pretty good (I haven't watched all of season 2 or any of season 3 yet).

Yes,  I've been to all of the shows so far.  The hair vs mask match at this latest set of tapings between Ziggy Haim and Edith Surreal was incredible. 

• Thanks 1

Moriarity had an excellent match against Suge D in Paradigm Pro a few months ago.  It was a non-title match while Lee was the IWTV champion and Suge was booked as the somewhat depressed, always overlooked old guy who NEEDED this win.

PS….I don’t like Lee’s gear.  Why wear a singlet that you don’t pull up?

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

Moriarity had an excellent match against Suge D in Paradigm Pro a few months ago.  It was a non-title match while Lee was the IWTV champion and Suge was booked as the somewhat depressed, always overlooked old guy who NEEDED this win.

PS….I don’t like Lee’s gear.  Why wear a singlet that you don’t pull up?

i really liked Suge D in the mini-royal rumble that Action Wrestling did a couple months back. He does desperate really well; his attempts to get an honest win are pathetic.

I never thought I'd be the guy who wanted someone else to tuck their shirt in, but yeah, I don't get Moriarty's look. He must do it to be completely comfortable while he fights.

• Like 1