DVDVR Message Board

2021 INDIE WRESTLING

In trying to find out more, apparently one of the racist/homophobic hecklers has been going to shows and doing shit like that for years, but it's hard to know. Wears a lucha mask. Not going on a limb to say this is obviously fucked up and terrible. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

That's incredibly, incredibly fucked up.  But I have to ask if they've been doing shit like this for years then why weren't they stopped sooner?  Because at that point the company ends up being party at fault for not doing something about this all this time.

• Like 5

Anyone here done an AIW show in Ohio before? Good time?  Heading to Akron Saturday. They're bringing in Thunder Rosa and Cardona. Felt a little sad that the email they used when buying tickets is Chandler's for some reason.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peck said:

Anyone here done an AIW show in Ohio before? Good time?  Heading to Akron Saturday. They're bringing in Thunder Rosa and Cardona. Felt a little sad that the email they used when buying tickets is Chandler's for some reason.

been to some. They are fun. They usually have an afterparty at a local bar as well.  If you go you will like it. Very similar to the IWC shows in Pittsburgh.  AIW used to be a super Indy but now they have been relying more on homegrown talent and 1-2 big names each show. Seems to be a good formula for them. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

been to some. They are fun. They usually have an afterparty at a local bar as well.  If you go you will like it. Very similar to the IWC shows in Pittsburgh.  AIW used to be a super Indy but now they have been relying more on homegrown talent and 1-2 big names each show. Seems to be a good formula for them. 

Totally agree with this. They sort of stepped back when returning during the pandemic with running smaller shows and more local-based talent. A few months ago, they said essentially a full-start would happen on 11/26 (but that was based on the where COVID numbers were headed over the summer, not now). 

I live in Cleveland so I'm lucky to have them nearby. 

Pre-pandemic, the sold out shows at the Odeon in Cleveland had such a fun atmosphere and the crowds were on fire. I can't wait for those types of shows to return. 

• Like 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
4 hours ago, Jiji said:

Would sooner go to a show for Rina than Moxley tbh. How often is she going to tour America? 

Rina Yamashita is one of like... two people that actually make me interested in watching deathmatches. The other is Risa Sera. So holy wow, this is one heck of a get.

2CW is running a reunion show right now for free on YouTube. Couple of what should be great matches

-Daniel Garcia vs. Rich Swann (Nevermind, they just changed it to Dalton Castle vs. Colin Delaney vs. Daniel Garcia)
-Mercedez Martinez vs. Thunder Rosa
-Alex Shelley vs. Davey Richards

Edited by Krone Meltzer

Minoru Suzuki was on the PWX show tonight in NC. Lance Archer v J D Drake was on the show, as well as Robbie Eagles. Killer Kelly was advertised and did a meet and greet but wasn’t cleared to wrestle. 

Show was fantastic. Kazi ne nari live is amazing. I got a photo with Suzuki. Life is good. 

• Like 3

AIW show in Akron was a lot of fun. Super-hot crowd, sold out. They're using Cardona to basically re-do the Gage/Cardona angle as he won the title from local hero Joshua Bishop. The scene wasn't nearly as wild as when he beat Gage but there were a couple of fans who had to be held back from jumping the rail after the match. LOL  I imagine Matt is having the time of his life doing this shit. 

• Like 3

On 10/2/2021 at 10:11 PM, Valcourt said:

Minoru Suzuki was on the PWX show tonight in NC. Lance Archer v J D Drake was on the show, as well as Robbie Eagles. Killer Kelly was advertised and did a meet and greet but wasn’t cleared to wrestle. 

Show was fantastic. Kazi ne nari live is amazing. I got a photo with Suzuki. Life is good. 

I’m gonna see him at west coast pro on Friday, and gonna get there early to meet him. Was he selling shirts or other merch, or just there to meet n greet?

15 hours ago, matt925 said:

I’m gonna see him at west coast pro on Friday, and gonna get there early to meet him. Was he selling shirts or other merch, or just there to meet n greet?

Photo and a pre signed autograph of a beyond gorilla photo. 

Edited by Valcourt
  • Thanks 1

On 10/1/2021 at 2:25 PM, AxB said:

This is a nicely made Countdown video.

The best things I got from it was that they are really hyping it up as almost the 2021 version of Terry Funk vs Mick Foley to the point that he is going to be on the show.   Also that they showed a ton of CZW footage which frankly 5 years ago nobody would have figured.  But CZW is basically a dead company and probably don't have the ability to fight about footage.

• Like 1

Well, that was a lot of fun. Super hot crowd. Also, Davey Richards vs AJ Gray whipped ass. That was an awesome match. 

The show next month is the night before the new japan San Jose show, and tonight they announced that vinnie massaro would be wrestling ishii. Can’t wait!

• Like 1

GCW Fight Club is tonight.

I'm disappointed Allie Katch isn't wrestling, but I'm sure she'll be in Effy's corner. BUSSY FOREVER! FOREVER! Bussy is fine.

The card actually looks shockingly good for GCW, too. For my tastes, anyway. I'll probably only not pay attention during Jordan Oliver's match.

Scramble Match: Calvin Tankman vs. Brayden Lee vs. Jimmy Lloyd vs. Dante Leon vs. Gringo Loco vs. ASF

Atticus Cogar vs. Jordan Oliver

Shane Mercer vs. Yoya

Ninja Mack vs. Alex Zayne

Joey Janela & Marko Stunt vs. Chris Dickinson & Starboy Charlie

Matthew Justice, Mance Warner & AJ Gray vs. Alex Colon, G-Raver & Akira

Internet Championship vs. GCW Career: EFFY (c) vs. Matt Cardona

Deathmatch for the GCW World Championship: Jon Moxley (c) vs. Nick Gage

Special Appearances by: Mick Foley & Lio Rush

And I think Brett Lauderdale has a big announcement, I'm pretty sure?

Also, not related to GCW - Charli Evans is in the US apparently. Let's fuckin' gooooo.

Not sure if this is the major announcement that they were talking about but the Briscoe Brothers have just appeared at GCW and challenging Mance Warner and Matthew Justice for the tag titles.

Talk about a fucking forbidden door.  

Between "Walk" and "Bring me back my Bullets" this is at least the best entrance song entrance in tag team wrestling match history ?

Actually the major announcement is that GCW will run at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City on January 23rd I believe 

Moxley coming out to his CZW entrance music "Shit List" got a pop from me

And yes Renee is freaking the fuck out.  

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 2

It’s not like she had an off day either, earlier in the day she was at the AEW panel at New York Comic-Con and did a signing until 6:00pm basically. So she left that and went immediately to Atlantic City - only 2 hours away, but still.

Chelsea Green also debuted, in Cardona’s corner. I’m guessing he’s sticking around for awhile, since he was in the video package for the Hammerstein Ballroom announcement.