DVDVR Message Board

2021 INDIE WRESTLING

Every single time I watch a GCW show it's Shane Mercer and Ninja Mack who wow me. I even got some non wrestling fans on the Mack bandwagon after showing them the last few shows. Also, Nick Wayne is gonna be good in like 4 years... so by the time he's 20.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

I'm so fucking mad. Once again I got a pass from my wife to go to Chicago and see some of this stuff and once again I couldn't go. This time it was because my lower back went completely out. Just awful pain in my lower back and right leg. I could barely walk. I don't even know what I did aside from lifting and holding a nearly 7 lbs. baby. I think I recall seeing this was on Fite though so I guess I'll catch the replay there because of my dumb, shitty body. 

I can deadlift 400 pounds or squat 300 pounds and my back is just fine.  I threw it out like 10 times lifting my children when they were tiny babies.  It's weird.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Log said:

I can deadlift 400 pounds or squat 300 pounds and my back is just fine.  I threw it out like 10 times lifting my children when they were tiny babies.  It's weird.

It is the bullshit of all bullshits. It's just very annoying for this to be the reason my back went out. I can't lift as much as you, but I'm not exactly weak. Whatever. At least it happened when I was at home and not in a crowd of a bunch of GCW or BLP fans. That would have been embarrassing. 

• Like 1

Haha that GCW ending was complete nonsense but also so much fun. Would have loved to have been in the crowd for that (both of those things basically go for the war games match as well).

The Filthy Tom/Alex Shelley match and lucha 4 way from the GCW/BLP show the night before are worth checking out as well.

• Like 1

I hope this isn't the end of Cardona in GCW. I know they've been teasing Mox/Gage for a year and they also don't know how long Mox is going to be available to them, so I understand the switch, but I love Cardona's sports entertainer character and think he deserves a little longer run with the belt. Maybe have him be Gage's kryptonite, assuming he's taking the belt back from Mox.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, elizium said:

I hope this isn't the end of Cardona in GCW. I know they've been teasing Mox/Gage for a year and they also don't know how long Mox is going to be available to them, so I understand the switch, but I love Cardona's sports entertainer character and think he deserves a little longer run with the belt. Maybe have him be Gage's kryptonite, assuming he's taking the belt back from Mox.

He should bring in a Kongo Kong style monster next… or maybe Big Cass?

Edited by Matt D
  • Haha 1

Still need to watch the BLP show and Effy's show. I was surprised, the Freelance Underground show was a lot of fun. 

The ladder scramble match from Wargames was a great spotfest. As advertised. 

G Raver-Lloyd was good but their two matches earlier in the year were better. Great ending with the ladder spot Raver nearly died on getting more safely redone.

On 9/5/2021 at 1:47 PM, maciej said:

Haha that GCW ending was complete nonsense but also so much fun. Would have loved to have been in the crowd for that (both of those things basically go for the war games match as well).

The Filthy Tom/Alex Shelley match and lucha 4 way from the GCW/BLP show the night before are worth checking out as well.

Yeah, I can't describe how great the crowds were all weekend. I'm so thankful I made the trip. It's unlike any crowd/shows I've been a part of. Just total positivity all around and massive pops for everything. 

• Like 2

Just want to say that it's fucking awesome how much live indy wrestling is available to stream these days. IWTV has, what...6-7 streams going just this weekend. Teenage Shane's head would have exploded. I was used to waiting months, if not longer, to see the shows I'd read about. Now I can't even keep up with what I want to watch.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I realized a couple of hours ago that the GCW featuring Minoru Suzuki Vs. Johnathan Gresham is happening in a few hours. That’s a must watch.

It's also got Jacob Fatu vs Chris Dickinson and RON FUNCHES vs Tony Deppen.

• Like 1

Looking forward to GCW. I think the whole card is interesting. Raver-Colon should be a good death match. Cogar-Ninja Mack is a battle of two of their younger stars. Dickinson-Fatu will be a great wrestling match. They deliver more often than not. 

I’m watching the show right now. I have to make note of the fact the production issues on these west coast shows are awful. This is California, home to Hollywood. Why do all the east coast FITE TV productions always look better than the west coast? I noticed this during the LA Dojo New Japan shows too.

thank God, Ron is wearing something under that robe.

I think I finally understand, and respect Danhausen.

Two things about this Suzuki entrance. 1) His hilarious shuffling to the ring because the entrance way is way too short for his music, and 2) he wanted to murder that man who patted his belly. GCW would do well if they got young boys to protect wrestlers to the ring. Stan Hansen wouldn’t have moshed with these fans, he would’ve moshed them.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 2

Alright, that Suzuki match was fantastic. 

What was with Suzuki big leaguing Gresham like that after the match? Telling him to leave, and telling him to fuck off when he went for the handshake. I hope that was in character stuff. It was pretty funny though. As Gresham kind of no sells the finish by walking off pretty normal.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs