DVDVR Message Board

2021 INDIE WRESTLING

23 minutes ago, Log said:

Ok, so far Suzuki is facing:

Daniel Garcia, 

Homicide,

Calvin Tankman,

and Jonathan Gresham

on his trip to the U.S.  Am I missing anyone?  

Damn, I'm pretty hype for all of those.

Davey Richards, Anthony Henry, and Fred Rosser (fka Darren Young) are three more. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

How is Fred Rosser doing at this point in his career? I always had a soft spot for him when he was in WWE, and I like the idea of him succeeding if not thriving on the Indies.

He's established himself as something of an anchor for New Japan's US shows, and has signed with the company. I'm not sure if, pandemic aside, he'd be touring in Japan; but if that happens of course it will raise his profile more, and maybe he could have a Juice Robinson type second act. (Though he's a few years older.)

• Like 1

Nothing that stands out as a MOTYC, but a ton of his New Japan work is on YouTube (episodes 14 and 15 of Strong have singles matches), and is consistently smart and solid, and there’s an indie singles match against Jacob Fatu that’s also on YouTube. 

Edited by Beech27

Will Ospreay is currently suffering mild COVID-19 symptoms.

On Twitter, RevPro announced that he had tested positive despite being fully vaccinated.

“Will Ospreay has tested positive for Covid-19. He is fully vaccinated, only has mild symptoms & is otherwise healthy. He will be following protocols and will be out of this weekend's shows. He is still expected to be able to compete at September 19th’s High Stakes,” RevPro’s statement reads.

“I’m sure I’ll be back in no time so other than that, I hope everyone is well,” Ospreay said in a video. “I can’t go to the RevPro shows this weekend, so unfortunately, you’ll have to deal with only really good wrestling, not the best wrestling, because the best wrestler is currently battling COVID. I’m going to beat COVID and why? Because I am on another level.”

Ospreay recently returned after four months due to a neck injury, appearing at NJPW's Resurgence event last month. He was scheduled to team with The Young Guns to take on Brendan White, Doug Williams, and RKJ at RPW’s Live at the Cockpit 53 event on Sunday.

Suzuki gets Dom Garrini in Fargo! I'm maybe even more excited for that than any the other ones (I mean, excluding how excited I am for Homicide cuz I'll be at that one).

Taiji Ishimori announced for that Friday night NYC GCW show too.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2021 at 7:26 PM, AxB said:

On 8/5/2021 at 9:52 PM, elizium said:

I hope the mystery partner is Danhausen

Just circling back to this, as the mystery partner was indeed Danhausen. The 4 Danhausens they faced were Puf, Megabyte Ronnie, Cabana Man Dan and Devon Monroe

Edited by elizium
  • Haha 1

The first time they announced a Four Danhausens match (for Mania week 2020) they were supposed to be actual Danhausen and a trio of other skinny white guys with black hair (Alex Shelley, Tony Deppen and it's still a secret (so possibly someone with S.O. allegations)). But they went in a different direction this time.

• Like 1

There was a ton of go through at GCW War Games

1.  Team MDK beats 44OH in the war Games Match

2.  Matt Cardona comes out wearing a Macho King like "Death Match" crown getting ready for an open challenge inside the cage structure

3.  Frank the Clown comes out and Cardona beats him in about 5 seconds

4.  G Raver and the druids come out.  The druids lazily beat up Cardona and G Raver just leaves.   Except for one druid.  

5.  That guy is Jon Moxley who hits Cardona with a couple light tubes and his finisher and somehow becomes the champion

6.   Then Nick Gage comes out again.  Moxley challenges him for the title and he accepts.  Which I believe is the October show in AC

And yes a number are now hoping that Moxley vs Kojima tomorrow is for the GCW title.  ?

• Like 1

Just now, hammerva said:

5.  That guy is Jon Moxley who hits Cardona with a couple light tubes and his finisher and somehow becomes the champion

Glad to see I wasn't the only one who didn't understand how that turned into an actual match.

I'm so fucking mad. Once again I got a pass from my wife to go to Chicago and see some of this stuff and once again I couldn't go. This time it was because my lower back went completely out. Just awful pain in my lower back and right leg. I could barely walk. I don't even know what I did aside from lifting and holding a nearly 7 lbs. baby. I think I recall seeing this was on Fite though so I guess I'll catch the replay there because of my dumb, shitty body. 

• Sad 2