DVDVR Message Board

2021 INDIE WRESTLING

Forgot that this was only the 2nd match tonight with Royal vs Makabe tonight.  Although it probably should be the 4th if it wasn't for shitty indie promoters

I would assume that Lawlor is still on a MLW contract since he has been there for at least 3 years.   Given the last month why anyone making a good indie/MLW level money would go to NXT is beyond me.   It isn't like he is hurting for money

1 hour ago, Ace said:

Lawlor's also still NJPW's Strong Champion. Is he going to WWE?

No, I just think he could make a ton of money for them.

I was mainly wondering if he has any backstage heat w/ the wrestlers or if he has been known to be "difficult" on any level; I could see that holding him back, but with his charisma, I don't know why the E ain't knocking on his door by now...

X-Pac on commentary tonight for GCW's No Signal in the Hills. Just tuned in for Dickinson/Starboy Charlie, and already the commentary is 100 times better than GCW's Homecoming a few weeks ago.

LET'S GO BUSSY! Allie Katch & Effy vs Matthew Justice & Ol' Mancer should be great stuff.

So has GCW run Cali before? I wonder what PWG thinks about that?

So whatever PWG has planned to distribute show quick, they better have an answer for it. Because I’ve seen three GCW shows in 2021, and zero PWG shows in 2021.

Edit: fuck those fans that chanted “You fucked up” at AJ Gray. It’s not 1995 anymore SoCal.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

GCW has ran shows in California at least a dozen times, if not more. Who cares what PWG thinks, it's not their exclusive territory or something. And to be completely fair - even if PWG had a streaming option available for their last show, GCW has been running shows all year so far and half of 2020, so either way you would have seen more GCW shows than PWG shows.

Anyway, I'm sure the news coming out of this show, if nothing else crazy happens the rest of the show, is that Allie Katch pulled a knife in the ring and sliced Matthew Justice across the stomach a few times.

• Like 1

PWG Threemendous VI card:

• Davey Richards vs Bandido for the PWG title
  • Malakai Black & Brody King vs Demonic Flamita & Black Taurus
  • Alex Shelley vs Jonathan Gresham
  • Jack Cartwheel/Dante Martin/Alex Zayne vs Jake Atlas/Trey Miguel/Myron Reed
  • AJ Gray vs JD Drake vs Lee Moriarty
  • Aramis & Rey Horus vs Dragon Lee & Laredo Kid
  • Tony Deppen vs Evil Uno
  • Like 4

Season One Finale of Saturday  Night SKODEN features the first-ever "Winner Leaves Town" Match, as Jarred Kalifornia has inexplicably been allowed the right to battle an injured Marty Sugar (re: watch SNS Ep. 5), for a flight out of Inuvik!

DISCLAIMER: Jarred is green as green can be. We did our best. I think the angle and the finish was solid, storyline-wise.

Edited by Marty Sugar

On 8/18/2021 at 2:45 AM, Curt McGirt said:

Can he get through quarantine? If so I doubt he just does the one match too... you can start fantasy booking if you like.

Whether he can get to the US is one issue and probably a big one.    As far as Onita being Onita and screwing things,  Matt Tremont seems to be the one guy in the US that Onita really respects as a person and a wrestler.   His promo on Tremont's "retirement show" was very emotional.    This isn't like a CZW situation where Onita saw DJ Hyde as a mark and took advantage of him.  But again it is Onita and you wonder if some of the times he can't even help himself

The promo video of Tremont is really good with Matt surrounded by weapons in  NRBW ring smashing tubes over his head in this "I TRIED TO GET OUT AND THEY PULL ME BACK IN" way was excellent.  

Nick Gage and Kylie Rae teaming up?  It sounds so wacky I may have to check that out.

EDIT:  Wait, they're against Frank the Clown?  Oh, FFS.  I may still check it but c'mon now.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1

On 8/7/2021 at 2:51 PM, Horatio said:

edit - on a different topic, why is Tom Lawlor still on the indies? That guy could save WWE, imo...

He's below 6'2", 245 and Vince knows nothing about MMA.  I always laugh over Jericho's story of how Vince thought he could take Frank Shamrock because he had no idea who Shamrock was and just looked at his size.

• Haha 1