DVDVR Message Board

2021 INDIE WRESTLING

7 minutes ago, Craig H said:

This is the funniest fucking thing to happen in wrestling all year. Cardona is the perfect heel in GCW.

E7HQI0CXEAA7anf?format=jpg&name=small

E7H8nVXWYAIfelO?format=jpg&name=large

Matt Cardona really is the perfect heel for GCW as the sports entertainer from WWE turned deathmatch guy beating the guy, Nick Gage for the GCW World Championship and collects action figures as a hobby.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

So Meltzer is having a temper tantrum because of the fans throwing shit into the ring after match.   I hope that he was consistent when it happened after one of the greatest turns in wrestling history at a certain WCW PPV.   But I doubt it 

What about Onita's entrance to his match against Masahiro Chono in the Tokyo Dome? Probably gave the fans aiming ability 5 stars.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, S.K.o.S. said:

If you look at the lower right of the picture in Natural's last post, it looks like there's an unopened, presumably full can of PBR. It would suck to get hit by one of those.

Yeah, but, free beer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think if Lauderdale said no more throwing stuff in the ring, pretty much all GCW fans would stop. Like, Cardona had to walk THROUGH the crowd to leave, and nothing bad happened. Those fans know where the line is. They're right up on the line, but they know not to cross it.

Having said that, they announced Smart Mark Sterling will be addressing the crowd on behalf of Cardona at today's show, and I'm actually kind of worried for him.

• Like 3

Reading is your friend. Meltzer widely condemned both the Onita and Hogan incidents of garbage and shit being thrown. Always consistently seen it as an embarrassment. 

That said, absolute wild match and scene last night. Good on Cardonna for going outside the box and immediately he feels hotter then has has been in years.

• Like 3

This just furthers my love for Cezar Bononi

Edit - I have no idea how to embed a tweet on here for it to just appear. So if anyone could drop that knowledge on me, I'd love you long time ❤️

[MOD NOTE - @Krone Meltzer when pasting the URL for the tweet, right click, choose Click as Plain Text.] 

Edited by Dolfan in NYC
Embedding a tweeter.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I wouldn’t mind this Matt Cardona in AEW after last night. Come in on Wednesday to mock people like Gage, Moxley, and Kingston while carrying the top hardcore wrestler prize on the indies.

I was thinking the same. I think it would be a good way for Jericho to get past Gage if Cardona ran a distraction.

The Meltzer stuff so far in the 2nd night of Homecoming show has really not helped their argument.  Kevin Gill who has to be one of the worst in the indies can't stop talking about him to the point even Prazak is getting bothered by it.   And yes they are selling a shirt with the Meltzer tweet and a picture of Cardona getting hit with a cup

12 hours ago, Casey said:

I'd understand Meltzer's POV if glass bottles or anything came into play, but from what I've seen it was just trash, plastic bottles and cups. 

Cardona tweeted proof that somebody threw a pizza cutter in. I'm fine with everything else but if that hit the wrong way that would have been bad times for him. 

7 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Money promo from Cardona.  Starts at 2:20  

I was thinking about this earlier today when I was bored out of my skull sanding a floor - This was the EXACT thing Cardona needed for his career to bust him out of whatever fucked up mindset WWE put him in for however many years. I'm not saying he's going to make a run in AEW or WWE or, uh, make Impact more of a thing to watch right away, but in time my hope is that he's a transformed dude and you can look back to this moment and see where that change started. I've always liked the guy and thought the was super charismatic, but he was definitely stuck in that milquetoast WWE mold. I hope this breaks him out of it.

And yeah, not great someone threw in a pizza cutter, but pizza cutters are pretty dull. If it was one of those heavy duty ones with a big, weighted handle, like a nice Kitchenaid one or something, then I would worry more about getting hit with a heavy object than it cutting him on impact.

• Like 1

Great weekend for GCW and they announced wargames for Chicago, September 4th. MDK (well, second gear crew and Gage) vs. 44.OH. The commentary sucks hard though, for sure.

Everything is so sanitized these days. It's cool to see stuff get a little out of hand. 

• Like 1

That Ruckus Vs. Tankman match… Very bowling shoe ugly. Crowd is kind during this. I’ll give them that. 

Shows how an older guy that doesn’t really have it anymore in Scorpio hide his deficiencies. While Ruckus doesn’t, and barrels through like it’s 2005. 

• Like 1

So thanks to @AxBfor posting the ringside video of the Cardona/Gage match in the blood thread.  I don't normally check out deathmatches or even recall seeing a full one with Gage in it.  For one while I always respected Cardona but to let himself take all that is pretty insane for somebody that was in WWE for so long.  For another I think because it was Cardona it led to them milking the spots more to maximize audience engagement.  It had that big-time feel to it and to see them flip out when he won is pretty incredible.  I'm also really glad he won as that's going to extend the feud for at least a couple months.  So while they may have used Gage's main weapons I have a feeling the blowoff's going to be even more insane than that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

So thanks to @AxBfor posting the ringside video of the Cardona/Gage match in the blood thread.  I don't normally check out deathmatches or even recall seeing a full one with Gage in it.  For one while I always respected Cardona but to let himself take all that is pretty insane for somebody that was in WWE for so long.  For another I think because it was Cardona it led to them milking the spots more to maximize audience engagement.  It had that big-time feel to it and to see them flip out when he won is pretty incredible.  I'm also really glad he won as that's going to extend the feud for at least a couple months.  So while they may have used Gage's main weapons I have a feeling the blowoff's going to be even more insane than that.

Maybe they'll do there own exploding ring match!

• Like 1

Smart Mark Sterling did a really good heel promo in Night 2 and the MDK vs Ohio guys is gonna be one of the hotter indie matches of the year. Gage has a big next bit ahead of him between ther Jericho match tomorrow, this War Games, the inevitable rematch with Cardonna and presumably the Moxley match in GCW is still on the table. 

I've watched more GCW in the last few months than I ever have by coming in and parachuting in for the main events and angles. I like it when it tries to be ECW. I don't like when it feels like I'm watching XPW, if that makes sense. There's a thin line there.  And, as noted, the commentary has got to change. I can't deal with a commentator screaming fuck and bitches at me while I'm trying to watch a wrestling match. That shit is so oft-putting and alienating. Like let the wrestlers curse up a storm but Gill just screaming about how Cardonna is a little fucking pussy for twenty minutes takes the attention off the match and towards the commentary. It's horrendous. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1