DVDVR Message Board

2021 INDIE WRESTLING

18 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

54:26!!! ?

If it was any other wrestler I would have been annoyed with how many times that got shown during the GCW Fight Forever block but because it's Terry Funk I'm just going to value any chance to see him get a few seconds of spotlight while we can. And also made more sense when I saw someone point out that him shouting that is also a reference to his first retirement promo...from 1983 ?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, clintthecrippler said:

If it was any other wrestler I would have been annoyed with how many times that got shown during the GCW Fight Forever block but because it's Terry Funk I'm just going to value any chance to see him get a few seconds of spotlight while we can. And also made more sense when I saw someone point out that him shouting that is also a reference to his first retirement promo...from 1983 ?

I would have muted it not long into the stream if it was anybody else.  But I was largely fine with it due to it being Funk and referencing that promo.  But it was funny as my cat heard it so much with me that at one point he just loudly meowed and backed away.  Was likely a coincidence but still made me chuckle.  And Saturday night I kept hearing that in my dreams for a bit so that was fun.

Speaking of the stream I need to go back and see if there was anything worthwhile I missed.  I can't imagine the overnight stuff was worth seeking out but if so I may pull it up on Fite and give it a go.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2021 at 5:35 AM, paintedbynumbers said:

did you see my initial tweet? Was totally harmless. I had 4 people call me a "bitch" or a "fucking ass" not one of them could debate without using profanity, before I could respond they blocked me.  All over an opinion. Many feel the same way. Workers have told me the kid does great video packages but is all about getting himself over. So yeah maybe I did turn into a jerk about it but he had his ppl come at me, he was unprofessional and made a comment on a live show about it and did not once tweet or reach out to me. If he can't take the heat he is in the wrong business.  I doubled down as soon as he mentioned me on the live broadcast. In my original tweet I wished him well also. After he did what he did it rightfully pissed me off and the defense of him being young isn't going to fly with me either. He is unprofessional, he had his groupies all tweet me and when then block me before I could respond.  When a ring announcer is so over the top that you can't even tell what a workers name is you know it's bad.  Doing the Mr. McMahon voice isn't original and helps nobody.  The positive note is I had several people following me already DM me agreeing with my point. Majority of them being workers.  One went as far as saying  "nobody tells him how bad he comes off and someone needs to. His ego is bigger than the room we are in"    So there's that. 

Yeah you have a point on Gertner but at least you could make out the names of the guys he was announcing. 

He called your tweet out on the live feed? That's wild. When was it? I found the sound so annoying I watched it on mute.

No denying people pounced on you...fucking twitter, right?

Season 3 features a 15-week, round robin format, as 14 men, one woman, and one machine vie to make the six-person playoffs at season's end. Featuring an interesting mix of new faces and old, as well as several actual wrestlers in the hunt this season.

GET  YOUR VOTING MUSCLES WARMED UP! Please reply in the comments WHEREVER you are watching this episode, with your Five Favourite Promos IN ORDER. You have until Wednesday, February 3 at 6pm, Pacific Standard Time.

The competitors are:
The Advocate
Blu Wilder
Casey Peake
Chucky Lee Ray
Dark Princess
Deztro The Eskimofo
Dylan Murphy
Jeff Christie
Johnny Dean
Justin Cider
Malik Melo
Max Cage
Mean Machine, Sr.
Red DeNero
Rick Jules
Sleazy Steve

1 minute ago, Marty Sugar said:

He called your tweet out on the live feed? That's wild. When was it? I found the sound so annoying I watched it on mute.

No denying people pounced on you...fucking twitter, right?

It was right before announcing the end of Effy's Big Gay Hour since he was done after that. 

• Like 1

Yeah Niko has it correct.  It was only 3 ppl on twitter which is surprisingly low. The one girl pasted my tweet and said "why does this fucking asshole follow me"  I responded to her with "people like you are why the IWC is considered toxic, when did people lose their right to an opinion"   She blocked me for it.   The other two called me "bitch" and other things and then blocked me.  They didn't want to hear any other opinion than their own which is pretty sad. I didn't even have the chance to roast any of them.  

Also Marty,

Justin Cider may be the best worker name I have ever heard. Love it!!

• Like 2

TalkDown 3.01 ... Just Begin Again
ORIGINAL AIRDATE: February 9, 2021

We have eight Week One matches on the docket, and you help control our competitors' fates! Please choose a winner or a draw for EVERY match on the card, plus a "Promo Of The Week" and "Match Of The Week" for your ballot to count: simply reply in the comments of wherever you're watching this video!

BONUS MATCH: Günnar & Rylee vs. Danni Deeds & Todd Quality from East Kelowna Hall (August 2019)

**DEADLINE IS WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2021 at 6:00pm PACIFIC**

OPENING MATCH:
Rick Jules
Jeff Christie
DRAW

MATCH TWO:
Johnny Dean
Mean Machine, Sr.
DRAW

MATCH THREE:
Casey Peake
Blu Wilder
DRAW

MATCH FOUR:
Sleazy Steve
Max Cage
DRAW

MATCH FIVE:
Chucky Lee Ray
Malik Melo
DRAW

MATCH SIX:
Deztro the Eskimofo
The Dark Princess
DRAW

SEMI-MAIN:
Dylan Murphy
Red DeNero
DRAW

MAIN EVENT:
The Advocate
Justin Cider
DRAW

PROMO OF THE WEEK:
MATCH OF THE WEEK:

BloodSport 4 and 5 in Feb

EtxBTdAXMAIJ4WA?format=jpg&name=large

4's card

Chris Dickinson vs. Jeff Cobb

Harry Smith vs. Calvin Tankman

Simon Grimm vs. “Filthy” Tom Lawlor

Kal Jak vs. Nolan Edward

JR Kratos vs. Alex Coughlin

Superbeast vs. Bad Dude Tito

Royce Isaacs vs. Calder McColl

Diego Perez vs. Gil Guardado

• Like 1

Thursday Night ThrowDown 3.02
ORIGINAL AIRDATE: February 11, 2021

Results from TalkDown 3.1 (Just Begin Again), plus we look at the upcoming matches for TalkDown 3.02 on February 16, which is our first of several "themed" weeks this season.

We also have a match from January 2019 between Camaro Cope and Danny Knightmare, from the ol' Lake City Bowling & Billiards!

Bloodsport 4 was a pretty good show.  I say "pretty good" because it just lacked something.  It was a little too low-key. 

The announcers were good, and Barnett is very knowledgeable, but they didn't have much energy.  A finish would happen, and they'd just be in the same tone they'd been in the whole match, no excitement or anything.  

To be fair, though, the finishes were a little lackluster, too.  I've said before that I dig shootstyle wrestling because the finishes can come at any time on any move.  But the finishes here were a little TOO out-of-nowhere.  Shootstyle is still "worked", so I'd like to see a little drama in my matches.  This show was just a bit too mechanical.  

I know it sounds like I didn't like it, but I did!  If you can, check it out.  There was a lot of great grappling and I left the show wanting to see more of quite a few guys.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to 5 this weekend.  DBS/Moxley is an intriguing match.  

What's bad is I think I may wait for 5 especially with DBS/Moxley being on there.  I also think they may have shot themselves in the foot by having this so soon after 4 but in this situation a bundle price for both would have made more sense.

EDIT:  Just saw they have a bundle for $35.  I mean it's only a $5 discount but I got it anyway. 

Edited by NikoBaltimore

TalkDown 3.02 ... "TIME WARP: 1988!"
ORIGINAL AIRDATE: February 16, 2021

The TalkDown roster travels back to 1988, and keep the promos coming. Who can rise to the occasion, and who will get bogged down in the mysteries of time travel?

Please pick a winner or a draw for ALL EIGHT of our matches this week, as well as both a Promo and Match Of The Week, for your ballot to be counted. You have until Wednesday, February 17 at 6pm Pacific Standard Time to get your COMPLETED ballots to us: simply reply in the comments of wherever you are watching this video.

OPENING MATCH:
Mean Machine, Sr.
Deztro The Eskimofo
DRAW

MATCH TWO:
Blu Wilder
Max Cage
DRAW MATCH

THREE:
The Dark Princess
Chucky Lee Ray
DRAW

MATCH FOUR:
Justin Cider
Dylan Murphy
DRAW

MATCH FIVE:
Rick Jules
The Advocate
DRAW

MATCH SIX:
Jeff Christie
Johnny Dean
DRAW

SEMI-MAIN:
Malik Melo
Casey Peake
DRAW

THE MAIN EVENT:
Red DeNero
Sleazy Steve
DRAW

PROMO OF THE WEEK:
MATCH OF THE WEEK:

**BONUS MATCH**
Joe Funk vs. Slave (w/Jade)
February 16, 2018 @ Lake City Bowling: Kelowna
Big West Wrestling presents BAD TO THE BONE

Thursday Night Throwdown, Ep. 3.03

ORIGINAL AIRDATE: February 18, 2021

Results from TalkDown 3.02, along with updated power rankings and next week's matchups.

BONUS MATCH: Danni Deeds & Jayce D'Arcy vs. Braydon Goss & Vance Nevada

Friday, January 24, 2020 @ Rutland Centennial Hall (Big West presents PROJECT MAYHEM)

Edited by Marty Sugar

Watching the Ohio Wrestling Alliance "Good Trouble" show from last month, and it's got a really enjoyable AC Mack vs. PB Smooth match. Devantes vs Lexus Montez had some really good stuff, too...Devantes has a great look. Turned it off at the Eli Isom vs. Tre Lamar match, but will get back to it later tonight.