DVDVR Message Board

2021 INDIE WRESTLING

38 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

So I tweeted that I wasn't a fan of JROSE and think he tries to hard to put himself over instead of the wrestlers. Some girl send me a lengthy tweet back, called me a bitch and blocked me.  Seriously I didn't realize it was wrong to have an opinion in 2021.  I get that its 20 degrees or whatever in the building but he was out there with a heavy fucking jacket on while the ref is still in short sleeves. Be fucking professional and take off the jacket while doing ring introductions. 

You can be unique without making it all about yourself.  Look at Gertner, Chimmel (SP, and Larry Legend for example.  

Also, love the matches I've seen so far but the commentators yelling "fuck' just to do it is about as overdone as the Terry Funk "fight forever" commercial that has played over 400 times so far. 

Those are fair points but I still like him.  I prefer Legend for overall professionalism but for a 24 hour telethon I appreciate Rose bringing the enthusiasm for this long.  Also doesn't surprise me you got that response as Twitter really loves them some JRose. 

And I wholeheartedly agree on the Highspots commercial being played way too many times. They should have had a couple to cycle through to avoid that.

Oh, and Twitter has been a treat and a half to be on for once. Really cool to see how into it everybody is for damn near everything. 

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1

I was blocked by 2 ppl both calling me a "bitch" for not liking JROSE.  I never said a mean thing about him they just went off. These entitled kids want to come at me and then block me before I can truly roast them. It's kind of funny.  But yeah the kid is over the top and not in a good way. I had a female friend who is working a match there this afternoon even tell me he is wearing a big ass jacket around doing the introductions while the ref's and workers are dealing with the cold temperature. Seems like he is getting some heat from a few workers on this.  

I missed a few of the AM matches but hit rewind on FITE to catch up.  I kind of hope they do something like this for the Mania weekend shows this year. Could be overload but could also be fun and seen on demand at any time. 

10 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I need to post this before I forget but I'm watching Homicide vs Effy in a quasi death match in 2021. What a time to be alive. 

Also, AJ Gray's match on For the Culture is worth tracking down as well as the main event. 

File that match under things I didn't know I wanted to see until I saw it.

I fell asleep around 2. Does anyone know if there was anything overnight/early this morning that were especially good?

Just now, HumanChessgame said:

File that match under things I didn't know I wanted to see until I saw it.

I fell asleep around 2. Does anyone know if there was anything overnight/early this morning that were especially good?

I fell asleep then too but hope the replay is on Fite. 

Also I think JRose just now threw shade at @paintedbynumbersSorry, dude but I can't help but laugh. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

just shows how unprofessional he is that he has to do that on a national setting to someone he doesn't know.  I could wish him well or wish him ill. I'l do the former while also saying he can go fuck himself. 

Yeah, I was laughing at first but that is some petty shit that shows how insecure he is.  It does further cement my preference for Legend as he's always been awesome the times I met him. At least Rose is done for the day after this match. 

3 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

He is an unsufferable prick.  I think you follow me on twitter Niko and you can see I didn't call him out or say anything other than he constantly puts himself over the workers and guys like Gertner and Legend got the workers over and themselves without being over the top. 

I don't believe I do follow you. What's your Twitter handle? 

Mine's Nickwwf. I don't post much on there though aside from this event. 

EDIT: I see you, dude. Yeah, you handled that well though I get what they're saying about all that he does. But it's too bad he has to be a dick. 

Edited by NikoBaltimore

I can't believe I sat through 30 minutes of a Jordan Oliver Iron Man match, waiting for Allie Kat's block, only to then learn that they're going into overtime AND I already missed Real Hot Girl Shit. What a way to start my day.

REWIND TIME, because Jordan Oliver is, like, the worst.

I haven't been watching the whole thing continuously, but the ironman match has actually been pretty good for as long as its been going on.

Did anyone watch the cybernetico match from this morning? That's one of the matches I was interested in checking out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

I haven't been watching the whole thing continuously, but the ironman match has actually been pretty good for as long as its been going on.

Did anyone watch the cybernetico match from this morning? That's one of the matches I was interested in checking out.

I watched it. It dragged for quite awhile.  A couple fun spots with Boomer and his "dad"  as well as Molly and her "uncle"    It just sounds dumb saying  "a very good professional wrestler"    Sam Leterna was decent on commentary during it though. 

• Like 2

I liked the Ciberniteco match as it was a nice way to start a Saturday morning for me. It did drag at points but still fun. 

Oh, and apparently the whole replay is still on Fite. Which is good for me as I have a few things to check out that I missed. 

Hearing Oliver went 120- which should be his new nickname going forward- 120 Minute Man would be a good way to tweak at Lio Rush a bit in MLW, and sounds a lot more long-term than Clout Cutter.  Maybe even throw in a move or two based on Hourman from DC Comics.

I don't get the Oliver hate- yeah he's spotty, but he's still a kid, and I've seen some good stuff from him, and I think he's got character/size/good on mic- which puts him above most flippy dudes, even if I still think he's the slightly weaker half of Injustice.

Edited by alstein

On 1/30/2021 at 7:45 AM, paintedbynumbers said:

So I tweeted that I wasn't a fan of JROSE and think he tries to hard to put himself over instead of the wrestlers. Some girl send me a lengthy tweet back, called me a bitch and blocked me.  Seriously I didn't realize it was wrong to have an opinion in 2021.  I get that its 20 degrees or whatever in the building but he was out there with a heavy fucking jacket on while the ref is still in short sleeves. Be fucking professional and take off the jacket while doing ring introductions. 

You can be unique without making it all about yourself.  Look at Gertner, Chimmel (SP, and Larry Legend for example.  

Also, love the matches I've seen so far but the commentators yelling "fuck' just to do it is about as overdone as the Terry Funk "fight forever" commercial that has played over 400 times so far. 

That was you? Your opinion kinda turned into doubling-down and being a jerk about it. I saw the tweets.

P.S. Gertner was 110% about getting himself over first.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

That was you? Your opinion kinda turned into doubling-down and being a jerk about it. I saw the tweets.

P.S. Gertner was 110% about getting himself over first.

did you see my initial tweet? Was totally harmless. I had 4 people call me a "bitch" or a "fucking ass" not one of them could debate without using profanity, before I could respond they blocked me.  All over an opinion. Many feel the same way. Workers have told me the kid does great video packages but is all about getting himself over. So yeah maybe I did turn into a jerk about it but he had his ppl come at me, he was unprofessional and made a comment on a live show about it and did not once tweet or reach out to me. If he can't take the heat he is in the wrong business.  I doubled down as soon as he mentioned me on the live broadcast. In my original tweet I wished him well also. After he did what he did it rightfully pissed me off and the defense of him being young isn't going to fly with me either. He is unprofessional, he had his groupies all tweet me and when then block me before I could respond.  When a ring announcer is so over the top that you can't even tell what a workers name is you know it's bad.  Doing the Mr. McMahon voice isn't original and helps nobody.  The positive note is I had several people following me already DM me agreeing with my point. Majority of them being workers.  One went as far as saying  "nobody tells him how bad he comes off and someone needs to. His ego is bigger than the room we are in"    So there's that. 

Yeah you have a point on Gertner but at least you could make out the names of the guys he was announcing. 

• Like 2