DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2021 & Beyond)

RIPPA

Battlefileld 2042 is really fun too. Black 4 Blood was a blast but that's going on the backburner now with Halo and BF 2042 entering the mix. The maps in 2042 are massive but with the huge amount of players it rarely feels empty. 

I'm down to play some Halo with u dawg.

Edit: be warned I am not a big halo guy, my friends are, so I am not good. ?

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Casey said:

I’m prismphobia on Xbox if you wanna add me. My friend & I are working our way through the battle pass right now.

I played a few rounds last night. Only paid the $10 for the battle pass. Not used to early leveling on something like that being so slow.

Also, I'm forever the worst at online PVP, so my burnout of getting destroyed hits quickly. 

• Like 2

Just now, dogwelder said:

I'm a bit upset about The Past Within being multiplayer, since all the previous Rusty Lake games have been single player and I don't know anyone else who have played them.

This was from the story I read

The developers tell me that the game won’t use an online connection between the players, designed instead to be played while chatting, whether that’s in the same room, or over Discord.

So since they specifically mentioned Discord - I have to assume LFG will quickly form. Then it just goes to your comfort level with randos (assuming no one around here plays them)

Per Jeff Grubb - the Star Wars game being developed by Quantic Dream will be set during the High Republic era

He also believes that it will be featured in some way during the Game Awards on Dec 9

21 hours ago, Casey said:

It is! I’m playing with a friend from work. We should play sometime, dawg.

I'm jealous as fuck. I tried for forever to score an Xbox Series X and never got lucky enough to get one. I just want to play Halo Infinite. I did manage to get a second PS5, but I sold that for MSRP to a friend.

Edited by Craig H

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

I'm jealous as fuck. I tried for forever to score an Xbox Series X and never got lucky enough to get one. I just want to play Halo Infinite. I did manage to get a second PS5, but I sold that for MSRP to a friend.

I did the All Access on a Series S. It’s 98% used for Game Pass, so digital only didn’t really bother me any. Not thrilled about monthly payments, but it’s 0% interest and with 3 years of Ultimate included I’m actually saving a little bit of money (or right at what it would cost normally).

Just now, Casey said:

I did the All Access on a Series S. It’s 98% used for Game Pass, so digital only didn’t really bother me any. Not thrilled about monthly payments, but it’s 0% interest and with 3 years of Ultimate included I’m actually saving a little bit of money (or right at what it would cost normally).

That is what I wanted to do, but it's never fucking available.

2 hours ago, Casey said:

If Horizon blinks next, I might lose my fucking mind.

Get out of here, Destiny and/or Dying Light 2!

There's rumors that Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection will be out in spring 2022 since a retail listing appeared.

I hope that Horizon: Forbidden West keeps the February release date since the first game also came out in February.

If Sony releases Horizon in February, Gran Turismo 7 in March, then Uncharted Legacy of Thieves Collection in April, that's a pretty good Spring lineup.

Horizon Forbidden West is probably the least likely February '22 title to be delayed, imo.  The backlash would be immense.  

Sifu probably should move.  It's an indie, but it's getting a decent promotional push from Sony similar to Kena: Bridge of Spirits.  I feel like it might break out and do really well, but it's probably going to get buried under Triple A titles in Feb.

Besides the Uncharted remasters, there's a rumor going around that Forspoken is going to get a Spring release date.  

11 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Paradox won't release it until they have at least 30 DLC's in the can, most of which add like 1 hat or something fucking dumb.

ah, the Cyberpunk 2077 DLC route I see.

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

Heh, and today I was able to get a series x from Best Buy. 

I tried but my queue basically got stuck. Best Buy is my preferred method because you can just zero finance it as opposed to what the All Access thing is.

Game pass ultimate is easy to get for cheap without paying the $15/month.