DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2021 & Beyond)

RIPPA

Trading is in PLA, but no online battling. The Abilities are removed and stats are inflated, doesn't seem held items are in either.

The Sinnoh remakes will have no Pokémon past gen 4. Some exceptions may be allowed.

Netflix has acquired Night School Studio (the folks who did Oxenfree and Afterparty) as their first game development studio

Night School Studio indicated that this will have no effect on the development of Oxenfree 2

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Netflix has acquired Night School Studio (the folks who did Oxenfree and Afterparty) as their first game development studio

Night School Studio indicated that this will have no effect on the development of Oxenfree 2

There is talk that Oxenfree and Afterparty (which are also made by Night School Studios) are about to get delisted.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Is Netflix starting a game streaming service?

Bloomberg News reported that at least 11 developers have/had 4K Switch development kits.  Article says Nintendo was asking studios to make higher resolution games, speculates that Nintendo killed or postponed plans for Switch Pro due to...?  Chip shortage, I guess, but I'm not sure it makes sense to kill the Pro and launch the OLED during the same chip shortage.

Nintendo is denying the report and reiterating what they said in July about not having any other models except the OLED in development.

22 minutes ago, Eoae said:

Bloomberg News reported that at least 11 developers have/had 4K Switch development kits.  Article says Nintendo was asking studios to make higher resolution games, speculates that Nintendo killed or postponed plans for Switch Pro due to...?  Chip shortage, I guess, but I'm not sure it makes sense to kill the Pro and launch the OLED during the same chip shortage.

Nintendo is denying the report and reiterating what they said in July about not having any other models except the OLED in development.

Nintendo did this before where they denied DS Lite being in development and a day later announced it.

My guess is Switch 4K/Switch Pro is coming but Nintendo is going to have Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 be the 'launch title' for it. Once Zelda: BOTW 2 gets a release date, I think we'll hear about it soon after.

• Like 1

He did the motion capture for cinematic scenes too (and Shad Gaspard a little too - apparently the character model in the 2018 game is based off the scan they did of Shad's body). A stuntman did the combat mo-cap, though.

Bunch of other footage out there. 

Shin Megami is known as one of the hardest RPGs, but you can lower the difficulty for this game. Casual, Normal, Hard options to chose from. Another mode, Safety mode will be available for DLC. You can not switch downward from Hard once you pick Hard mode.

Edited by D.Z

Final Fantasy Origin: Stranger of Paradise got a new trailer and a release date at the Tokyo Games Show.  Release date is March 18, 2022.

Trailer's aren't grabbing my interest yet, but .... I like Final Fantasy, I like Soulslikes, and I like Team Ninja both with and without Itagaki.  Nioh 1/2 are probably my favorite 3D Soulslikes not directed by Miyazaki, so I'm guessing the actual game will be quite good.

Squeenix also announced a new game from Hiroyuki Ito.  He hasn't directed a game since FF XII but has a new game called Dungeon Encounters. It's some sort of minimalist dungeon crawler.  Not really the sort of "big" game you might expect from him.  

I'm rather floored by that announcement even if I heard rumors about it.  That's pretty goddamn impressive, especially when factoring the possibilities about assist trophies and spirit boards.

Looking at the final list it's still surreal after all these generations of Smash how many different IPs came together.  Especially when considering how the systems a lot of them represented were very much not Nintendo-related.  I can only imagine who they would add when they do this for the next non-Switch big Nintendo system.

• Like 1