DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2021 & Beyond)

RIPPA

9 hours ago, Andrew POE! said:

Supposedly today, we'll get more information about LEGO Star Wars Skywalker Saga (probably a release date) during Geoff Keighley's Opening Night Live YouTube stream.

Release date is just "Spring 2022"

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

And because this week isn't crowded enough now - Horizon Forbidden West just announced its release date as 2/18/22

There’s also a 60 FPS patch releasing (or maybe just released) for HZD on PS5.

20 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

And because this week isn't crowded enough now - Horizon Forbidden West just announced its release date as 2/18/22

4 days before my birthday means I can totally justify buying the ultra mega deluxe edition, right?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Marvel: Midnight Suns

Basically XCOM with Marvel characters

I need to see gameplay of this, since I already hate turn based combat. If it’s like zoomed out little tiny characters then… ehhhhh. If it’s more in line with a Final Fantasy type turn based system with fully detailed and not mini characters (does this make sense?) then I’ll buy it.

I’m also going to be buying whatever collector’s edition Forbidden West is offering, even though I have a digital PS5. Fuck it, I’ll double dip.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I'm fine with this. My lazy ass still hasn't beaten the first game, and I'm still need to pick up a PS5.

• Haha 1

Some video game reporter types where invited to see Elden Ring gameplay footage. They aren't allowed to show footage but they are allowed to talk about it so you can find various videos about it

Here is Eurogamer's video

11 hours ago, Andrew POE! said:

Another Saints Row trailer but with actual gameplay and some in-game cutscenes. If you don't mind the Jeff Garlin sounding dude from Volition, not a bad look.

It's not what I really wanted but I am okay with leading a team of homicidal millennials into battle and build a criminal empire.

I am sure the new setting will grow on me.

CDPR should probably sue Volition.  Los Panteros are totally the fucking Animals gang from Cyberpunk 2077.  I could understand no one noticing since me and like two or three other stubborn dumbasses still play the game.

Edited by J.T.

Ugh.  I'm trying to find some time to replay some older, longer games (Red Dead Redemption, Persona 4 Golden), but i just looked at the release calendar and there's about two dozen games coming out in September that I want to check out.  A few depend on reviews, but most are probably definites unless the reviews are really, really terrible.

August was the same way, but it ended up being a lot of indie games I passed on or bought but don't mind tossing into the backlog pile (Psychonauts 2, No More Heroes III).  Lot of stuff in Sept. I'm kind of excited about.  

BTW, Norman Reedus claims he's in negotiations for Death Stranding 2.  

Worked myself into a shoot and pre-ordered the Regalla edition. I always regretted not getting the collector's edition for the original game and the statutes sold for too much over retail on eBay for my liking. With my luck, they will over-produce this one and it will be on eBay for $100 or something.

7 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Worked myself into a shoot and pre-ordered the Regalla edition. I always regretted not getting the collector's edition for the original game and the statutes sold for too much over retail on eBay for my liking. With my luck, they will over-produce this one and it will be on eBay for $100 or something.

Regalla Edition is already sold out on PS Direct, but it’s still available on Best Buy. I can’t order until next Friday, so everything will probably be sold out for sure everywhere by then ???